Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowWolfs

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
So...its NOT ok to cheat a rating for random in game rewards, which results in temp bans and possible perm bans.

BUT

if you cheat in the final tourny of S2 to have an increased chance win ONE MILLION DOLLARS, you get fined a petty amound of cash.

smh
this company is so backwards.
please head to competitive discusion section of the forum and stop annoying the rest of GD with this stuff

Yoshiakzu

10-11-2012

good. you caught 4 people elo boosting. what about the big websites like elojob.com that have probably boosted a ton of accounts

RevelASIAN

10-11-2012

Quote:
So...its NOT ok to cheat a rating for random in game rewards, which results in temp bans and possible perm bans.

BUT

if you cheat in the final tourny of S2 to have an increased chance win ONE MILLION DOLLARS, you get fined a petty amound of cash.

smh
TSM Fanboy spotted.

I love my rice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

XJ9 isn't banned? LOL. He's pumped up Gem's account 1100 elo since the rewards have been announced. Who else mains skarner/hecarim/morde/naut like that LOL

Weed of Legends

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiakzu View Post
good. you caught 4 people elo boosting. what about the big websites like elojob.com that have probably boosted a ton of accounts
Yeah, what about the websites that sell elo?

Beertaster

10-11-2012

Anyone who connects to L.O.L. has to have their computer communicate with roit's servers, and for information to be send and received for basic things like playing the game, the servers must have the ip address of your computer in order for the servers to send game info like 'a turret is shooting you'. So by this riot can say that ip address of pro gamer 'A' has connected under the account of normal gamer 'B'; who's account is usually connected to an ip a few hundred miles away, and is now getting to 1500 elo.

Am I right?

Food4Thought

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelASIAN View Post
TSM Fanboy spotted.
If i gave two ****s about tsm moving forward, I would go on about a rematch or some **** like most do.

I didn't.
why?
because its about cheaters being punished, not sternly looked.

Klymene

10-11-2012

When will the others get caught? You caught the big fishes...and will we get to see their names as publicly displayed?

happyzod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:

BUT

smh
Right on. Its a double standard all around.

Lakosa

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
These players specifically put themselves out there by streaming their activities. We felt that it was important that everyone knew what happened since these are visible names in the community, rather than having to speculate about every streamer that happens to not be active today.

We won't be listing the names of the boosting recipients who were banned, or of the players who are banned in our ongoing analysis.
Is there anyway we can report to you guys on what account has been boosted? I know an account that a streamer boosted and hasn't been reset yet.