Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VxKhamulxV

10-11-2012

So Yegg, this is a bit off-topic, but I know that Riot does awesome things for the community, like giving 1 RP when folks need it for a sassy skin or such. Is there any chance I could get 1 ELO in my 5's solo/duo bracket? I'm at 1849, and i've been rubber banding around this ELO for what seems like forever.

Riot pls?

Kinzoku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Not yang </33

Surangama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I wanted to cry Yegg. Please accept my hug for the judgement.

gsai

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reallshotgg View Post
so what about aphromoo who streamed himself Elo boosting people?
He boosted a different account every day, he was probably the biggest offender of all.

Besteau

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
They are skilled players who earned their ratings through their own merits. We felt that the two week ban, the loss of an income stream (as these players were often profiting from these activities), and a bunch of unhappy customers who have suddenly lost what they paid for was an appropriate punishment.
Good show!

Rezeck

10-11-2012

Would like someone to explain how elo boosting is against the rules with the explanation of "affects many innocent players who find themselves battling a player whose true Elo is 1000 or more points above theirs.", but smurfing is A OK in riots books. It affects way more than the few who elo boost, the same exact way.

Terraz

10-11-2012

I am good friends with yang and i know for a fact that he had no bad intentions. Also he had just told me that he was stopping these services... i dont know why you would ban him. if you had watched his stream in the past week since coming back from worlds you would see that he has only been playing on his real account. i find this a bit unreasonable because he did not mean to be breaking any of the terms of service purposely.

Visualizer

10-11-2012

If we know someone doing elo boosting/elo jobs can we report ?

BlackSantaClaus

10-11-2012

riot so fkin blind aphromoo adv in his stream . i told u so fkin corrupt .

BlackSantaClaus

10-11-2012

i bet aphromoo got connection in riot to make this slip by. i hate corrupt company like this.