Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steadytrollin

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Aphromoo and Hafu are 100% elo boosting, just watch their streams. They play different accounts nearly everyday

Blaster

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
It's a step in the right direction but I dont think this action is enough and I dont think it was fast enough. These players BROKE the matchmaking system and they have been doing it for weeks. What Elo booster is going to look at the ban and be sad? Elo Boosting had a high premium, so this is just the cost of doing business (not to mention their smurf accounts can enable them to avoid a large portion of the penalty). Based on what I read in the OP, the boosters dont even lose their season end rewards?

Logging onto accounts that were clearly below their skill level made them essentially the sole determination of how a game goes. I'm not going to be outlandish and say that this kicked bystanders below where they belong, given how unlikely it is to continuously run into this situation. However, I am going to question what the point of ranked is if you dont protect players from significantly imbalanced teams?

Why not take a hard public stance early, and follow up on your stance once you had the evidence? It seems you spent the time building the case, while people continued to abuse the system and reap the benefits.
Well its really not THAT big of a deal. to start talking about perma bans over something that hasn't been clearly said is a no no from riot. Sure its against the Terms of agreement, but god almost anything is against those with how broad they are, and they reserve the right to suspend your account indefinitely anyways.

Venaccio

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
They are skilled players who earned their ratings through their own merits. We felt that the two week ban, the loss of an income stream (as these players were often profiting from these activities), and a bunch of unhappy customers who have suddenly lost what they paid for was an appropriate punishment.
Please look into GEM, there's no way she went from 1300 to 2200 since the rewards were announced. There has to have been some boosting involved

steadytrollin

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Please look into GEM, there's no way she went from 1300 to 2200 since the rewards were announced. There has to have been some boosting involved
Agreed, it's a well known fact she plays with XJ9 alot. I would bet he boosted it

Edit: After looking up her profile and knowing she only plays support, it's kind of ironic that she has multiple Junglers (a role XJ9 mains) with all over a 80% win rate.

sibby

10-11-2012

Well done Riot. As a really low elo player I'm glad you are doing what you can to keep players like that out of my games regardless of what team they might be on.

ElementzPRO

10-11-2012

In a stream of constant failure you managed to do something nice.

GJ Riot

next start banning people who force dodges

Venaccio

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1lthyWubWub View Post
Agreed, it's a well known fact she plays with XJ9 alot. I would bet he boosted it
And probably for free too. She probably took advantage of the fact that the poor little boy is crazy for her lolz

Cecy

10-11-2012

Is anything going to be done about those who do ranked teams boosting? I know a fair amount of players do ranked 3v3 teams boosting, and I hope you guys are going to be looking into that too.

Fiestero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
They are skilled players who earned their ratings through their own merits. We felt that the two week ban, the loss of an income stream (as these players were often profiting from these activities), and a bunch of unhappy customers who have suddenly lost what they paid for was an appropriate punishment.
But you are not thinking in the huge amount of players of "low elo" who got stomped by this guys and the games they might ruined.

edit: At least honor should be removed from all of them.

I love cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
I don't think anyone is doubting they're skilled players but you're including the loss of income from streaming and unhappy customers from elo boosting into their punishment? That seems..well rather faulty logic.

The elo boosters themselves cause more harm than the ones buying the elo. Not only do they gain money from elo boosting but ruin so many games for the players.

People who play vs the boosters are going to lose their elo unfairly. The people on the team of the elo booster gain basically free elo. Then, when the rightful owner gets their account back, if they play ranked they give their teammates an unfair disadvantage.

Regardless, I'm glad riot is finally doing something about it.