Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-11-2012
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reallshotgg View Post
so what about aphromoo who streamed himself Elo boosting people?
I've personally looked into Aphromoo's case and haven't seen conclusive evidence of Elo boosting as of yet. He does play on other summoner names but his patterns don't match those of a typical Elo boost seller:

1. He consistently plays on the same accounts over a period of weeks or months.
2. Those accounts are generally rated 2000 or above and have already qualified for Diamond rewards.

Compare this to one of the players targeted here, who would:

1. Log into new accounts frequently, often three or more a week.
2. Stop playing those accounts as soon as they hit a threshold such as 1500.
3. Never return to that account once the rating has been achieved.

That said, not being targeted by this initial wave doesn't mean that a player who has engaged in Elo boosting is safe. If his name comes up in our next analysis, he'll be treated just like any other player.

Fiestero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

So no more "let me mid, im smurfing"? great!

chaser676

10-11-2012

What about XJ9??

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2012

thank you Riot for enforcing this.

Ayyy

10-11-2012

Sir, I have some friends who are just starting to play this game, and don't have that many champions. Many of which want to try them before buying of course. I'm assuming I wouldn't get caught for sharing my account/I wouldn't be doing anything wrong as long as they don't play ranked?

Blaster

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
I've personally looked into Aphromoo's case and haven't seen conclusive evidence of Elo boosting as of yet. He does play on other summoner names but his patterns don't match those of a typical Elo boost seller:

1. He consistently plays on the same accounts over a period of weeks or months.
2. Those accounts are generally rated 2000 or above and have already qualified for Diamond rewards.

Compare this to one of the players targeted here, who would:

1. Log into new accounts frequently, often three or more a week.
2. Stop playing those accounts as soon as they hit a threshold such as 1500.
3. Never return to that account once the rating has been achieved.

That said, not being targeted by this initial wave doesn't mean that a player who has engaged in Elo boosting is safe. If his name comes up in our next analysis, he'll be treated just like any other player.
Hey a question, if i "duo" with a player, who is considerably under me, and have him pay me per game that i do this, and "boost" his elo to a certian point, is this going to be targeted?(either with what this thread is talking about, or soon after?)

Edit: I've never done this, just wondering because i see people selling these services all the time too.Where they duo with a 1000 from like 2k and face 1600s and stomp the guy up to like 1300~ easily Or they make many many many smurfs and then have thier elo decay and use them specifically to elo boost through duo que.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-11-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
Why are the accounts of the people who did the actually boosting also made ineligible for season 2 rewards? That makes no sense
They aren't. The sellers received the two week ban. The purchasers received the one week ban, the loss of rewards, and the Elo reset.

I'll add some spacing to the original post so that it's more clear!

Treelight

10-11-2012

Surely those four weren't the only ones doing elo boosting, are their more bans to come for those who weren't streaming aswell? Nice to see riot keeping the community informed

The Cpt America

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
They aren't. The sellers received the two week ban. The purchasers received the one week ban, the loss of rewards, and the Elo reset.

I'll add some spacing to the original post so that it's more clear!
No - I mean they SHOULD be ineligible. (They being the people who did the boosting)
(Sorry if that wasn't clear)

TheBronzeLegend

10-11-2012

what if you have two accounts? Does that count if one account is about 100 - 200 elo higher than the other?