Fresh Diamond 3v3 Team AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ukrash

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
My guess is that ur team plays lower ranked players, for our placement since we were beating very high rated players we started at 1550 rating when we got done with those 5 games

Also if you look at my teams last 6 games played, ull notice i did not play in any of them and we lost 5 of those 6 games.
What was your rate at season 1?

Friggid

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrash View Post
What was your rate at season 1?
Like 1770 rating or something, enough to get platinum

szbo

10-11-2012

Hey, congrats on the Diamond!
I just started playing 3's and our team is 1-0, what advice would you give a newb 3's player like me? Were just trying to hit gold
Also how do you build your Malphite? Thanks!

Friggid

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by szbo View Post
Hey, congrats on the Diamond!
I just started playing 3's and our team is 1-0, what advice would you give a newb 3's player like me? Were just trying to hit gold
Also how do you build your Malphite? Thanks!
Some tips I would give, use heroes who are effective, dont just blindly pick champions try to counter pick. Get a player used to jungling and make him your main jungler, a jungler is very important to get to very high ratings.

I build my Malphite with a lot of armor, frozen heart then either randuins/GA and build from there depending what i feel i need

PumpkinTom

10-12-2012

how do you prevent the enemys from turtling? I'm gold and we find our enemies often turtle when they are losing and due to the fountain being so close we often cant close the game out. We've tried pushing one lane split pushing and attempting to jungle while they defend but it still takes forever to get the win. Do you ever struggle like this?

Ashno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
Some tips I would give, use heroes who are effective, dont just blindly pick champions try to counter pick. Get a player used to jungling and make him your main jungler, a jungler is very important to get to very high ratings.

I build my Malphite with a lot of armor, frozen heart then either randuins/GA and build from there depending what i feel i need
You don't need to jungle to get to high ratings.

I don't run a jungle and i've gotten multiple diamond 3s teams

itswong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Look at the summoner "She" any idea how they get those stats?

Axil

10-12-2012

420 69

Batman Bot

10-12-2012

Ashno,

Since you've been successfully without a jungler do you have a few duo lane comps that you recommend?

Friggid

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinTom View Post
how do you prevent the enemys from turtling? I'm gold and we find our enemies often turtle when they are losing and due to the fountain being so close we often cant close the game out. We've tried pushing one lane split pushing and attempting to jungle while they defend but it still takes forever to get the win. Do you ever struggle like this?
Dont take any inhibs until your going for the win, once you start to push for the win kill dragon, double inhib them and wait for the super minions to start to push towards the tower.
Pick one side to attack from and try to make it hard on the enemy to push the minions to the fountain. Once you commit to the tower, commit all the way even if they wipe you out they wont have time to push your base dead. Without that final tower its very easy to kill the nexus.