Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blutarsky Blues

10-11-2012

Dr Lyte,

I have posted two links below that discuss the possibility of hiding honor crests/badges. Any thoughts on this? One thread I started the other is by another summoner. Thanks for your time.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2666756

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post30108910

IBastardI

10-11-2012

well i still keep getting a lot of trolls at ranked games. Ihave a lot of honor points but i havent experienced any improvement just a lot of afkrs or trolls... i just keep getting them in 70% of my ranked games... i have like 975 elo already and its going down everyday... so maybe. im getting more frustrated everyday this is a great game but also the worst player banning system i ever seen.

Shirigu

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We didn't just contact them, we hired multiple PhDs related to psychology full-time at Riot. Three that work closely on Team Player Behavior are: davin, who has a PhD in Human Factors Psychology; stinkytofu, who has a PhD in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and I'm a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience.

I know there's been interest in the past doing an AMA of some sort to talk about careers and how we all ended up at Riot--we just need to find some time.

Why would anyone with a PhD name themselves Stinkytofu? Especially one that deals with the human psychie?

Buitre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-11-2012

How do i get a teamwork ribbon :P i got more teamwork than anything else and i have only gotten 2 of em from friends

Mindfused

10-11-2012

My question is what is the honor points going to be used for?

ncrwhale

10-11-2012

Hi Lyte,

Asked this earlier, didn't see a response: Does the "most difficult" banner to obtain change based on different demographics?

Also, has there been a regression in behavior? I imagine a certain amount of people wanted to give the system a shot at first and when they either haven't earned a banner or haven't earned much honor (because they weren't honorable or allies forgot to honor), they went back to old habits.

Thanks!
ncrwhale

ps Please pick me for the focus group next week! haha

DunkWizard420

10-11-2012

Just yesterday (or the day before) (ive been playing too much to remember XD) when i logged in i got like an icon on my screen say "congratulations!" and some other stuff about me being one of the most honorable players in league of legends... Did everyone get this for the great work? Or was it truly to only the selected few? If it is for the select few, can we add a Honor Rank, to show your ranking among other player? Just like you rank for matches, but a rank for how much honor you have? There should be total, and then one for each honor. This would be a great idea, for bragging right, and being able to rat out the players that would actually try to obtain honor through trading. Example: A player wants to be on the top, so he starts honor trading. Your math systems catch it, and whabam! Player banned. Kinda like a bait to see who would actually do it.

-- o0O Rryzix O0o --

1 800 SOLO QUEUE

10-11-2012

So sad that people actually need incentive just to be friendly...

Mocha Chan

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Availabl View Post
So sad that people actually need incentive just to be friendly...
I agree. But alas, this generation is, well. You know, "This be the interwebs I do what I want".

No such thing as morality anymore.
Or applied courtesy.
Or common sense.
Or common anything.
Oh lord...

You'll have to excuse me now.
-Goes back to playing the game.-

DunkWizard420

10-11-2012

now tell me... When people trade honor it is as if they are actually getting it, but only Riot knows who the traders are. But what if the traders trade slowly, and just add people from the match their in, and tell them they will trade honor. to others this will look legit. its like me telling you guys to click on this link to get you back to the league of legends home page...

http://adfoc .us/8694910692950
(delete space between adfoc and .us)

"please click on it, oh please!"
is what these hidden honor traders would say. truth is, it will bring the people that click on it nowhere but back to where they started, and possibly being punished.

Btw... CLICK ON IT!!!! it earns me money for a project im working on called TLG
www.ThatLoLGuide.Blogspot.com
it just brings you back to the home page btw...