Riot point purchase disincentive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

Basically this post is just about my mild disappointment in Riots incentives (don't get me wrong I still buy points!)

So if $50 = 7200 points that means $1 = 144 RP
So if $35 = 5000 points that means $1 = 142.86 RP
So if $20 = 2800 points that means $1 = 140 RP
So if $10 = 1380 points that means $1 = 138 RP

I would do the $5 but thats too small to really deserve much of an incentive..
what does this mean in actual numbers?

We will take the unit prices and multiply it by $50 to get the amount of points that would be received by purchasing the smaller bundles of $10, $20, $35

144 x 50 = 7200

142.86 x 50 = 7143 (57 point difference or $0.40 in savings for buying the $50 instead of 1.43 x $35 packages)

140 x 50 = 7000 (200 point difference or $1.43 in savings for buying the $50 instead of 2.5 x $20 packages)

138 x 50 = 6900 (300 point difference or $2.17 in savings for buying the $50 instead of 5 x $10 packages)

Basically what I am getting at here is there isn't much incentive to buy the $50 package vs the $35 or the $20.

What do I think would be fair considering $50 can buy u a game like Starcraft 2?
Well I would think
that $50 = 8000 RP ($1 = 160 RP)
that $35 = 5300 RP ($1 = 151.4 RP)
that $20 = 2900 RP ($1 = 145 RP) and
that $10 = 1400 RP ($1 = 140 RP)

Which are hardly major changes but at least one would feel a reason to invest in the larger RP packages that have the equivalent cost of a new game. Players like me who are willing to toss out $50 bucks (I will be doing this next week anyway) should get the benefit of a larger bonus RP because encouraging the spenders is better for business. We all know that everything can be unlocked (aside from skins) by simply playing the game. To this I applaud Riot because I think it is a great idea. I love this game and it is my favorite hands down. I would pay a monthly fee to play but honestly I am glad I don't have to (let us be serious here). All I am asking is for a reconsideration of the RP package incentives.

Thanks to all who read this and I hope someone from Riot can pass their opinion on my post.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

bump

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

But nobody's doing the math (except you) so +700 more looks like you're getting an 8ish dollar purchase free.

They could simply offer no bonus if you would rather they do that. I see no problem with their system, a bigger bonus won't make non-rp buyers buy rp.

Riffraffselbow

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
But nobody's doing the math (except you) so +700 more looks like you're getting an 8ish dollar purchase free.

They could simply offer no bonus if you would rather they do that. I see no problem with their system, a bigger bonus won't make non-rp buyers buy rp.
But a bigger bonus makes IP buyers buy larger packages.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffraffselbow View Post
But a bigger bonus makes IP buyers buy larger packages.
Well this is what my point was. Non buyers will be unaffected but buyers of the $20 amounts could be persuaded to drop $50 each time if there was a larger incentive.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post

I can not imagine that I would be the first person to notice the math. It just takes a while to type it out and break it down. I'm not seriously complaining, I am aiming more for constructive criticism.

Pinkbandit

09-20-2010

bump

Pinkbandit

09-20-2010

no riot response?

Senta

09-20-2010

more incentives would probably cause more people to buy the $50 packs, i think its definitely a win for RIOT as people wouldnt get the $10 pack for just enough for the UBER COOL NEW TRYND SKIN (no troll) they would buy the $50 and look for things to spend their RP on

Meat Shield

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbandit View Post
I can not imagine that I would be the first person to notice the math. It just takes a while to type it out and break it down. I'm not seriously complaining, I am aiming more for constructive criticism.
I broke it down too and my most recent purchase was $50 but that decision was based on the amount of content i planned on buying, normally since i don't see much benefit to paying 50 over paying 10, 5 times i pay the 10, 5 times and spend the points as i need them also it is eaiser to justify 10 at a time to my wife then 50.