World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakyox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

5 teams were accused of cheating, regardless of being able to "obtain any significant benefits" or not... ALL 5 TEAMS SHOULD BE FINED, PERIOD!

Whether they gained significant information or not is not always that explicit as you make it seem Riot.
Like another comment earlier roughly said: if I go and try to kill someone today but I failed, does that mean I didn't try to commit murder to begin with?

Zetasphere

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
Maybe I missed this being addressed in the thread?

StarBubbles

10-10-2012

So it seems to me that penalties of cheating is a small price to pay when it gives you a good chance in winning.

In other words, fines are out of the prize money, so no cheating team cares if they get fined or not.

lindz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBubbles View Post
So it seems to me that penlties of cheating is a small price to pay when it gives you a good chance in winning.
Exactly^

Yordles Rule

10-10-2012

didn't notice thread. here's hoping CLG eu beats AZF

Swag Vaticus

10-10-2012

This was a lesson for everyone involved, and I hope the teams, individuals, and Riot have grown as a result. The decision has been made. You're allowed your opinion towards its severity, but the decision has been made, and it isn't going to change. So *****ur quitchen.

Nazzadan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosHavok View Post
This was a lesson for everyone involved, and I hope the teams, individuals, and Riot have grown as a result. The decision has been made. You're allowed your opinion towards its severity, but the decision has been made, and it isn't going to change. So *****ur quitchen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
Because Riot always sticks to their decisions.

Yordles Rule

10-10-2012

This thread is already pushed off of page one again. I missed this thread and kinda embarrassed myself so I'm gonna bump it hoping others don't do the same

Darth Irule

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Getting less money than originally thought they would get? Oh what a great way to punish them.

Why not disqualify them? They CHEATED. They dont deserve any of the money. Never mind just losing $30,000.

iloveshasta

10-10-2012

So Dignitas and Curse play an aram, DQ NO CIRCUIT POINTS DO NOT ADVANCE, FORFEIT ALL OF THE MONEY WON. Frost cheats in the semi finals, meh just fine then 20% of their winnings? LOL riot, you are a riot, a laugh riot. I'm sorry, its not even just 20% of their winnings, its 20% of thier current winnings, if they go on to win after cheating they still keep 970k aka Fining them 3% of their winnings.