I don't understand why I'm not platinum yet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Compositebow

10-10-2012

my win ratio is better than some people in plat, but I'm still unranked? wtf roit?

Sexual Healing

10-10-2012

Elo system heavy favors initial matches, and also grants points according to likelihood to win match. Look it up.

Compositebow

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
Elo system heavy favors initial matches, and also grants points according to likelihood to win match. Look it up.
I know, I'm just frustrated that I spent so much effort working my way up from 400 elo all the way to 1200 but running out of time... there's no way I can gain 100 elo a day during a school week.

iblow4ipod

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compositebow View Post
I know, I'm just frustrated that I spent so much effort working my way up from 400 elo all the way to 1200 but running out of time... there's no way I can gain 100 elo a day during a school week.
Maybe you should have studied over a longer period of time instead of cramming.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Awe... poor school kids, you know when you become an adult you don't get Summer break to game overload.

Sleekman

10-11-2012

^

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compositebow View Post
my win ratio is better than some people in plat, but I'm still unranked? wtf roit?
Win =/= more elo.

For example, if you fight 10 opponents at 100 less elo then you, you'l get very little elo per win.

Or, if you fight 10 opponents at 500 more elo then you, you'l get ALOT of elo.

This goes to show, somone with a 100% win raito will not always have a high elo raiting. This was abused previously as people who were fairly skilled would win then dodge to lose elo over and over and then continue to win which gave them insanely high scores but very low elo.