@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi View Post
Too many post so I don't care if this has been repeated.

OP brought up an interesting point; as I'm writing about a paper on ads, or media as a whole, and how it affects society, I agree in some aspects, but there are some things that can just be shrugged off I think.

However, sexualizing women actually does influence society negatively in the aspects that women find they need to become that ideal body type and men think that skinny models are perfectly acceptable. Basically, men feel the need to judge women based on these socially acceptable images. It's really a huge problem that is the major causes of eating disorders, depression, and low self-esteem in women.

I am going to admit that I'm a girl gamer and I do own a few of the skins that have been mentioned and didn't really find them offensive. I know that this is a gender-stereotyping community, but I've learned to ignore or laugh with the jokes. It must be because I built up this tolerance that I feel somewhat indifferent about this topic, but I can see where the OP is coming from.

Good luck in your endeavors, OP.
did you notice how he called most of them ****s and strippers unjustly? so all french maids are ****s? so you give cowgirl MF a pole shes a stripper? i can do the same with barbarian sion and speedo pant and many other champs like GP. its so biased and points stated are wrongly used to push for more variety. instead of asking for more variety including less sexualized for some, he just call them all ****s and strippers. except for the ones whos fully clothes and look boyish.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
Just like you're devoted to hyperbole
When was I being hyperbolic?

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
did you notice how he called most of them ****s and strippers unjustly? so all french maids are ****s? so you give cowgirl MF a pole shes a stripper? i can do the same with barbarian sion and speedo pant and many other champs like GP. its so biased and points stated are wrongly used to push for move variety. instead of asking for more variety including less sexualized for some, he just call them all ****s and strippers. except for the ones whos fully clothes and look boyish.
OP doesn't say all french maids are strippers. But what Nidalee's wearing isn't what a real maid would wear, it's like one of those outfits you buy at lingerie shops. Same thing with Nurse Akali.
It's not bad, but it's quite prevalent.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
OP doesn't say all french maids are strippers. But what Nidalee's wearing isn't what a real maid would wear, it's like one of those outfits you buy at lingerie shops. Same thing with Nurse Akali.
It's not bad, but it's quite prevalent.
so its stylized to fit her jungle theme. no one wants to buy a nurse akali if it looked like the real nurses. plain pajamas. you want it to be realistically detailed instead? OP implied all french maids are strippers saying just because shes a french maid, she belongs at a gentleman's club

Lumaral

10-10-2012

Have you thought about creating a fat female champion? Not like Gragas, but a bit more like an Adele. Feminine and beautiful. And beyond the stereotype.

MathMage

10-10-2012

I'd recommend simply ignoring jireo, as he's shown himself to be totally uninterested in an actual discussion.

Zerglinator

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
Man, this guy is really devoted to this strawmanning he's doing.

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
so its stylized to fit her jungle theme. no one wants to buy a nurse akali if it looked like the real nurses. plain pajamas. you want it to be realistically detailed instead? OP implied all french maids are strippers saying just because shes a french maid, she belongs at a gentleman's club
Why is Shen's skin a realistic surgeon then.
Female skins are stylized in a particular direction. -> EDIT: mind you I'm okay with that, but I don't want just that.

OP said FM Nida belongs in a Gentleman's club, not that all french maids do. Reading comprehension.

Shaella

10-10-2012

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
So basically you just told me "no u".
There's no evil agenda. Get that conspiracy-theorist-bs out of your head.

(Besides your post was extremely juvenile).
instead of saying he wants less sexualized female champs and variety, he just call them all ****s and strippers uhhh thats pretty much an agenda to force a huge change. **** this stripper that, giver her a pole and shes a stripper.

Hey Riot. You have a lot of adult human champions. How about more monsters, bugs, ethereal, etc champs instead the common humans? especially for females. Females also need more variety like different body types for guys too. Maybe a fat body or a slender petite body type or a tall skinny champ that shoots flames out of his mouth.

NOPE... instead shes a ****, shes a stripper, her boobies too big so shes a ****ty, shes flaunting her body(like you can actually tell shes doing that ingame) etc.