@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
thats basically sums up what those who has a agenda against *** appeal sound like. you're comment is based on ignorance on the issue that was slipped in with the "more variety" cause.
So basically you just told me "no u".
There's no evil agenda. Get that conspiracy-theorist-bs out of your head.

(Besides your post was extremely juvenile).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acton Elwood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-10-2012

"Server not found"

Also when I used to play CoD I always put my sister on VC while I played the game. She talked so much trash, while laughing at the guys insulting/drooling over her. Also their favorite non-racial, swearing insults was "make me a sammich."

Since then she's been an avid gamer and I think I released the most heinous trashtalker in the world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kallana

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
The central point here being: you're saying that as long as the people you're playing with don't know you're a female then you're fine. That is exactly the problem he's talking about.

Check out women are going through when playing games that enable voice communication and whatnot: http://fatuglyor****ty.com/
I completely agree with you on the voice chat. I have learned the hard way not to communicate vocally when playing with people I don't know.

But the point that I was trying to make is that gender shouldn't matter. We shouldn't care if we're playing with guys or gals because it makes no difference. But in LoL there is no voice chat and all communication is done through text, which is why I'm confused that there are women being harassed by other players in-game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KT Samurai

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallana View Post
I completely agree with you on the voice chat. I have learned the hard way not to communicate vocally when playing with people I don't know.

But the point that I was trying to make is that gender shouldn't matter. We shouldn't care if we're playing with guys or gals because it makes no difference. But in LoL there is no voice chat and all communication is done through text, which is why I'm confused that there are women being harassed by other players in-game.
Because they have to hide who they are to avoid harassment.

That's an enormous problem for any community, that you have to hide your gender in order to have the same experience as males is a glaring problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Leona isn't particularly sexualized, it's just that her metal dress-and-bra combo is a costume rather than useful armor.

Syndra has her belted-on pushup/thong combo.

Trist is a childlike, and nobody expects even the crassest artist to sexualize childlikes.

Classic Ashe is a good example of how little effort it takes to avoid this whole issue, because the contrast with Freljord Ashe is clear despite that they're wearing the same clothing, have the same weapon, same body, and the same basic pose.

Similarly, Vayne is a good example of why this issue isn't about sexiness. Vayne is hella sexy. She just isn't sexualized. That's the difference.

So really, the examples you present just feed into my arguments.

- youre complaining about leona skin that you had to buy?
- the belts is a creative way to keep her top on. how do you know its a thong? it could be to hold up her skirt.
- you called midgets, child-like?
- so freljord ashe shows some cleavage because she released the arrow while default is turned the other way and still holding on to it. i dont understand your point here unless youre afraid of cleavage or envy of it.
- many people dont think shes sexy but no one is calling her ugly.

my examples only showed your mindset through your responses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Let me draw on the other thread to answer this:


In short, the call for more variety comes with a call for less rampant sexualization because sexualization is intimately linked with lack of variety in Riot's art design philosophy.
there was no design that was problematic. hahahaha you guys are making it a problem. if there are concerns in the lines of anatomy where its an EXTREME eyesore then maybe but NOTHING has been problematic. only you guys are whining over trivial things.

more variety? GREAT! screw everything else in the process... not great.

the only real problem i couldve think about that was annoying was queen ashe when she keeps kicking through her dress.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KT Samurai

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Man, this guy is really devoted to this strawmanning he's doing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
There's dynamic posing, and then there's Fiora.
and what? you're going to complain about her tights too?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadeykris

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallana View Post
I completely agree with you on the voice chat. I have learned the hard way not to communicate vocally when playing with people I don't know.

But the point that I was trying to make is that gender shouldn't matter. We shouldn't care if we're playing with guys or gals because it makes no difference. But in LoL there is no voice chat and all communication is done through text, which is why I'm confused that there are women being harassed by other players in-game.
After a year of playing League, I finally ran into this the other day.

Enemy Riven: Why did you do that?
My friend: I asked her the same thing!
Enemy Riven: A girl is playing? That explains it.

And then they spent the entire match making snide comments, hitting on me, and generally being a colossal *******. I didn't come out and go "be nice to me I'm a girl ^.^" I didn't say "Don't call me he, I'm a SHE." Someone else referred to me by the correct pronoun. That's it.

Gender SHOULDN'T matter. Ever. It shouldn't only not matter unless we find out you're a girl and then it does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logios

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
Man, this guy is really devoted to this strawmanning he's doing.
Just like you're devoted to hyperbole