@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Happy Killspree

10-10-2012

holy essay batman

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
You are trying to twist the OP to fit your arguments.
OP doesn't ever suggest changes to existing champions, that's it.

Propaganda.... lol.
how am i twisting it? instead of saying a bunch of females are attractive or gives off *** appeal and lack different body types, OP just called them a highly impacting word... Sl*ts and strippers. Also forgets about art design and how the game itself is stylizing appearance one way or another.

thats what innuendos and subliminal speeches do. politicians, lawyers and lobbyist do it all the time.

Nemi

10-10-2012

Too many post so I don't care if this has been repeated.

OP brought up an interesting point; as I'm writing about a paper on ads, or media as a whole, and how it affects society, I agree in some aspects, but there are some things that can just be shrugged off I think.

However, sexualizing women actually does influence society negatively in the aspects that women find they need to become that ideal body type and men think that skinny models are perfectly acceptable. Basically, men feel the need to judge women based on these socially acceptable images. It's really a huge problem that is the major causes of eating disorders, depression, and low self-esteem in women.

I am going to admit that I'm a girl gamer and I do own a few of the skins that have been mentioned and didn't really find them offensive. I know that this is a gender-stereotyping community, but I've learned to ignore or laugh with the jokes. It must be because I built up this tolerance that I feel somewhat indifferent about this topic, but I can see where the OP is coming from.

Good luck in your endeavors, OP.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
that pose is all part of design. it makes the art more dynamic then just standing there or giving peace sign. just because a pose makes it look sexy, doesn't mean its the end of the world or time to be worrying about little things when playing the game.
It's painfully clear that this post was used to show off her ass. People do not stand like this - it hurts and makes no sense! As a fencer, Fiora could have very easily been put into a fencing pose, it would say something about her character and tell you about what you're in for when you select her.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
>implying i want ugly

No, I want variety in body types

All female human adult champs have the same body type, there's no stocky or bulky, or amazon-esque body type, no ultra slim bodytype

its all the same
we're all for variety but when all people do is attacking large breast is evil as a means to push for variety is misleading.

stating a point and attacking it are two different things but majority seems to be attacking at the same time saying "we want variety" you dont attack something unless you want it to change.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
And where have i ever said we should eliminate those characters?
FFS. I CREATED BUNNY GIRL RIVEN
i didnt say you did but some of your post that is attacking, implying it should be change. its mainly others that is implying it.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
... You're dumb
its ok if you want to objectify women but don't put me in the same boat as you.

Kallana

10-10-2012

As a girl gamer I'm extremely surprised by all the comments saying that there are no sexy male champions. Just to name a few. . .

Garen is very sexy. Especially Rugged Garen. He has an amazing body, chiseled jaw, and the whole, "tall, dark and handsome" thing goin on. Plus he's a big brother which means he has a protective tendency towards those he cares about which is also sexy.

Talon. Sure, he's all covered up but I think that's what makes him more attractive. He's kind of like Tali from Mass Effect. He's mysterious. He also has the sexiest voice out of all the male champions in my opinion.

Malzahar's body is 10/10.

I will stop there but I could easily keep going.

And to comment on the OP's post: Something I find strange is how you're saying that some girls are afraid to play because they aren't received well by the community. But honestly, how would anyone know that you're playing with a girl unless they say in chat, "Hey I'm a girl, just so you know."

I have a female summoner name and I chat in-game all the time and I'm treated no differently than anyone else. How am I supposed to know the genders of the people I'm playing with/against since I can't see their faces?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy and you play this game. I just can't understand how so many females, as you have said, are afraid to play this game for fear of being harassed; UNLESS they make it clear that they are a girl.

I'm quite sure that many of us have played hundreds of games with females and haven't even known it. But who cares and why does it matter? Video games aren't just for guys. Girls are just as obsessed and competitive over these games as guys are.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
>syndra
>not sexualized
i dont think so to but OP think so.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallana View Post
And to comment on the OP's post. Something I find strange is how you're saying that some girls are afraid to play because they aren't received well by the community. But honestly, how would anyone know that you're a girl unless you say in chat, "Hey I'm a girl, just so you know."

I have a female summoner and I chat in-game all the time and I'm treated no differently than anyone else. How am I supposed to know the genders of the people I'm playing with/against since I can't see their faces?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy and you play this game. I just can't understand how so many females, as you have said, are afraid to play this game for fear of being harassed; UNLESS they make it clear that they are a girl.

I'm quite sure that many of us have played hundreds of games with females and haven't even known it. But who cares and why does it matter? Video games aren't just for guys. Girls are just as obsessed and competitive over these games as guys are.
The central point here being: you're saying that as long as the people you're playing with don't know you're a female then you're fine. That is exactly the problem he's talking about.

Check out women are going through when playing games that enable voice communication and whatnot: http://fatuglyor****ty.com/