Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thegricemiceter

10-10-2012

players who use the honour system negatively don't have one iota of care about being reset in the honour. there needs to be an actual beneficial reason to have a high amount of honour. perhaps if your ratio of honour to banns is very high, a slight increase 5% or so in the rate that you earn IP. just speculating.

rajo101

10-10-2012

Okay, so why not have a tribunal for honor? The player is told that they have been "nominated" for honor, but they do not get it unless a Tribunal-like system accepts it. I highly doubt that a majority of the Tribunal is toxic, so this pretty much means there is no way to get around it without hacking LoL itself, which I would assume would be pretty hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickian View Post
Riot should make so any one player can only be given honor by another one player 2 times at most. That should solve abuses.
I like this idea too, but why stop there? Make it 1.

Mardecia

10-10-2012

I love the honor system! Every time I get honored I am like "Yay! People like nice people!" I believe this will create a much much better community!

Talidus

10-10-2012

My experience is that it has significantly improved the chat environment and enjoyability of the game. I would say this game was by far the most toxic online environments in my MMO gaming experience of 17 years. I'm not sure any came even close. Up until now, it fueled hate amongst team members, ganging up and turned poor performance into outright giving up, trolling and more.

Encourage more relevant performance based rewards on team based play and it will take LOL to another level. Being known as a great individual performer makes you successful, show where players can make an impact on team based performance and they turn into significant players; inspiring performance in others and growing the LOL community and "skill lid".

Necruse

10-10-2012

don't know if this was already asked still going through posts... but why can't I honor enemies how are friendly or helpful?

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Dear Dr. Lyte,

Firstly, I would like to add my voice to the support for the new honor system. it feels like it has been a success, and it has certainly provided a much-needed carrot to balance the stick of the Tribunal.

Secondly, speaking of the Tribunal, could we get the accused's honor displayed in the Tribunal? I realize there may be some problems with this initially, but once all the kinks are worked out of the honor system, knowing a player's honor could have some bearing on tribunal cases: if they have 500 "Honorable Opponent" honors, then the reports from the enemy team of verbal abuse in post-game chat will be more obviously false, and so forth.

Thirdly, please remove the option to honor our friends. They are our friends; we play with them because we find them friendly and enjoyable to play with, so honoring them is a given that, by the way the system works, becomes more and more irrelevant. and yet, when you're sitting right next to your friend, high-fiving them for winning a close game, don't you feel socially obligated to "honor" them? Every time? Maybe instead make being "friended" confer a 1-time honor bonus or something? I dunno...you're the doctor

Finally, congratulations on the success of the honor system, and keep up the good work!
Sincerely,
Magma Armor0

((P.S. Whom can I talk to about getting a Co-op vs AI forum on here?))

FistOf7Dragons

10-10-2012

is it me or are badges glitchy?

ardulus25

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosuko View Post
I think he posts a good question, Dr Lyte, and mebbe you can follow up with this:

Even for support mains, support can often feel like a wasted role b/c there is only so much you can do... Do you think the live team and champion design team could benefit from a psychological study and analysis of what makes a champ "rewarding" to play when they basically deal zero damage?

You cite that ppl often feel they can re-try if "strategy" was the problem, but not if "numbers" are. Often when I play support and give up in a game, it's because I know that I cannot produce the numbers to win... Even when I pull my cc's well, peel well, but just can't actually do anything damage wise, well eventually they're no longer stunned, slowed, w/e and are still at full health :\

I play support a lot, but really feel like too often strategy isn't the problem... Being unable to make a difference even when playing well is :\
Did you see my follow up to Lyte asking me to post my concept here?

Yuroshima

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I think that the honor system was awesome and things have gotten better ^_^ LOVE YOUR FACES!

Elanorien

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Good evening, Dr. Lyte,

I don't think I've seen this addressed by the Reds anywhere...but the badges. When you earn more than one, have you considered displaying them all at once? I currently have 2, and rather than seeing both you only see the one I got most recently. It would be cool to have one on all four corners, lol.

And I do believe this was commented on by Lyte, but any further information on what the average amount of honor per player is? What the highest someone's earned? (Count or the hidden value we can't see). Just want you to know there's a lot of interest for this statistic. Has a leader board been considered?

Edit: Also, I think it would be cool if on your profile the Honor icon could be colored to indicate you've earned the badge for that category.