World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fairy Blue

10-10-2012

AZF no doubt REJOICED when they heard they were only being fined for $30,000. Any team would pay $30,000 to look at the minimap. This is unbelievable. How could anyone who plays League of Legends state that the potential of first blood by the other team could not have snowballed the lane, then the game into a win?
What SHOULD have happened is AZF being DQ'd. After all, they were PROVEN to have cheated. At the VERY LEAST the match should be replayed.

Sad day for League of Legends. Now I can no longer argue with my friends about how LoL is an amazing e-sport. Riot doesn't want to mess up their tournament, so they are just going to sweep this under the rug. I really really hope the community doesn't allow this to happen, because I love LoL and it as an esport and this just hurts.

PiersonsPuppet

10-10-2012

I just tried to shoot somebody I didn't like in the face with a shotgun. Turns out I missed. Since nothing happened it's okay right?

Nazzadan

10-10-2012

You'd think there damage control would do more with this much on the line. Then again you'd also think they would be able to set up a cheat-proof finals. Oh well

LenfaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Blue View Post
AZF no doubt REJOICED when they heard they were only being fined for $30,000. Any team would pay $30,000 to look at the minimap. This is unbelievable. How could anyone who plays League of Legends state that the potential of first blood by the other team could not have snowballed the lane, then the game into a win?
What SHOULD have happened is AZF being DQ'd. After all, they were PROVEN to have cheated. At the VERY LEAST the match should be replayed.

Sad day for League of Legends. Now I can no longer argue with my friends about how LoL is an amazing e-sport. Riot doesn't want to mess up their tournament, so they are just going to sweep this under the rug. I really really hope the community doesn't allow this to happen, because I love LoL and it as an esport and this just hurts.
Nobody in their right mind would pay $30 000 to have a peek at the minimap. You're greatly undervaluing this sum of money.

Anyways, this had practically no incidence on the result of the game. All it prevented was (maybe) a first blood on the AZF support. What happened instead is no kill at level 1. AZF is still the better team by a LONG stretch.

Sceptre Wielder

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadromar View Post
Just reread the judgment and to have found that the AZF vs TSM screen look was not a major factor in the victory is ridiculous. That look snowballed the whole game for frost WITHOUT THEM HAVING TO PLAY FOR IT. It is mind-boggling you could reach the conclusion that it didn't affect the outcome. SHAME ON YOU.
It gave them an advantage, not a guaranteed game or set victory.

Nazzadan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenfaL View Post
Nobody in their right mind would pay $30 000 to have a peek at the minimap. You're greatly undervaluing this sum of money.

Anyways, this had practically no incidence on the result of the game. All it prevented was (maybe) a first blood on the AZF support. What happened instead is no kill at level 1. AZF is still the better team by a LONG stretch.
That amount compared to if they win? Hmm...
TPA or CLG.eu wouldn't risk it, but M5 or Frost definitely would for an easy pass through a regional champ team

WontBeForgotten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

O W N E D. #badnameforkoreans

WontBeForgotten

10-10-2012

Quote:

True story bro. Only AZF would do this. I wouldn't have done it if i knew I was gonna win anyways. Waste of 30k.

coeriv

10-10-2012

Quote:

I think your over valuing the sum of money. I'm pretty sure most people would pay the 30k of larger amount for a greater chance at TWO MILLION dollars.

-------edit-----------

Also, most people here are not arguing about the skill level of either team. If your a better team you don't want to loose because someone cheated, and if your an underdog team or worse team you don't want to loose because the other team cheated either.

If you get beat, you want to be beat FAIRLY.

Fairy Blue

10-10-2012

Quote:

..... The $30,000 is taken out of their winnings. So all that is happening is they are winning less. How is that not a great deal? They have the potential to win a million dollars. That's a million dollars. Losing only $30,000 from that because they CHEATED with a move which could have been the reason they won is an amazing deal.

AZF is not losing any money from this ruling. They are being awarded $120,000 by this ruling with the possibility of winning $1,000,000. They should have been DQ'd or the game should have been replayed.