AZF vs TSM: Lessons learned.

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestPlayerEver

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugis View Post
I'm sorry, but 1 peek at lvl 1 doesnt decide a 3 game match. If TSM was good enough to win it all, they would still have won this matchup.

lvl 1 has a big impact on the game. With Dyrus lvling Darius pull attack it could've gotten first blood and then snowballed top. 100 gold advantage is better then a 0 gold advantage. Maybe you should go back to playing against bots.

Fouquet

10-10-2012

i just love how people looking for justice against cheating in the world finals MUST be tsm fanboys

have you considered that we just dont like cheaters and think they should be punished severely?

Zilveren

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugis View Post
I'm sorry, but 1 peek at lvl 1 doesn't decide a 3 game match. If TSM was good enough to win it all, they would still have won this match-up.
If the teams were equal, then slight advantages are everything. That and it wasn't a slight advantage. It was a "shut down Oddone's early game and all jungle pressure" one. All while under minding the entire TSM plan for fighting AZF. This also lead to powerful advantages in bot lane for AZF.

Decker223

10-10-2012

I think the punishment actually fits the crime when compared to other sports. Remember the New England Patriots "spygate" scandal? (The Patriots' coach was caught videotaping other teams' practices.) The evidence was found two days before the Patriots played in the Super Bowl, but did they have to re-play all the teams they played to get to the super bowl? No. They were fined, lost a few draft picks, and that was it. I think Riot handled this situation pretty well.

March of Dimes

10-10-2012

Yea, cheating is bad, but both AZF and TSM looked at the screen. You can argue the effect of this all you want (why AZF got fined and TSM didn't), but if you're arguing for a DQ of the basis on breaking the rules, you'd need to DQ BOTH AZF and TSM. The rule forbids looking at the screen regardless of whether you gain an advantage from it.

BestPlayerEver

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker223 View Post
I think the punishment actually fits the crime when compared to other sports. Remember the New England Patriots "spygate" scandal? (The Patriots' coach was caught videotaping other teams' practices.) The evidence was found two days before the Patriots played in the Super Bowl, but did they have to re-play all the teams they played to get to the super bowl? No. They were fined, lost a few draft picks, and that was it. I think Riot handled this situation pretty well.

Right but a LoL game can be eaisly remade. Remaking a football game is a lot more money consuming and time consuming.

Sanadoz

10-10-2012

I just think its funny that riot FLAT OUT said: "yeah, AZF cheated, but we are only going to fine them 30k cause of it". Basically the message they are telling everyone is, you can cheat to win and you will only get fined 20% of your winnings. Expect more cheating if this is the punishment for confirmed cheating.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouquet View Post
i just love how people looking for justice against cheating in the world finals MUST be tsm fanboys

have you considered that we just dont like cheaters and think they should be punished severely?

Agreed. I don't care anything about TSM or azubu (i like M5), but this punishment strikes me as not nearly harsh enough.

In the end I don't think it matters too much because riot will never make the mistake of letting seeing the screen be a posibility again. But never the less, I think the punishment should have been AT LEAST a reamatch, and maybe automatic loss on that one game. For the on purpose cheating like that, this should have been a minimum punishment just out of principle

No1LovesYou

10-10-2012

AzF should be DQ'd and TSM should still be out.

TSM did get outplayed, but AzF was caught cheating. Just putting TSM back in kinda says "They would have won without the cheating." which I dont believe. AzF got caught this time, we have no idea if they did more than that. Lets just assume that was the only thing. I think AzF should be DQ'd and TSM shouldnt be put in. Cheaters shouldn't continue, and wins shouldn't be given unless it was a close game like 2-1. They were 2-0'd. Otherwise I would say give it to them.

Zilveren

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by March of Dimes View Post
Yea, cheating is bad, but both AZF and TSM looked at the screen. You can argue the effect of this all you want (why AZF got fined and TSM didn't), but if you're arguing for a DQ of the basis on breaking the rules, you'd need to DQ BOTH AZF and TSM. The rule forbids looking at the screen regardless of whether you gain an advantage from it.
My post may have not communicated this effectively.
I acknowledge that many people WANT a DQ, but that I personally would prefer a rematch with $0 fines for AZF.

Just to clear things up with the readers.

1234567 ... 10