Viktor's Augments should give effects to all of his abilities

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

10-10-2012

I have been thinking about Viktor as well, and I consider your idea as one of the best ones I've heard, RadioAaron.

So what I was thinking was something along these lines too. I am posting both of the ideas I had.
1. I had in mind the idea of buying one augment which enhances all of your abilities, and buying an upgrade after that to further strengthen your augments.
2. My other idea was to allow Viktor buy ability specific augments like he does now, with the ability to combine up to 2 of them to a new upgrade. The upgrades would be i.e. Qaugm+Waugm to gain an intermediate benefit (but with stronger stats than either of the former augments) for both his spells, or Eaugm+Eaugm to create a strong single-powered ability.

Again OP, I feel your idea is better.

fevercry

10-10-2012

i would love if each augment augmented his ULT as well one give him a shielding effect for how much dmg it does, one adds a longer silence duration, one that gives longer range or using it reduces his other cds

CragBlade

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
I have been thinking about Viktor as well, and I consider your idea as one of the best ones I've heard, RadioAaron.

So what I was thinking was something along these lines too. I am posting both of the ideas I had.
1. I had in mind the idea of buying one augment which enhances all of your abilities, and buying an upgrade after that to further strengthen your augments.
2. My other idea was to allow Viktor buy ability specific augments like he does now, with the ability to combine up to 2 of them to a new upgrade. The upgrades would be i.e. Qaugm+Waugm to gain an intermediate benefit (but with stronger stats than either of the former augments) for both his spells, or Eaugm+Eaugm to create a strong single-powered ability.

Again OP, I like your idea better.
Glad you like my idea. I post ideas on fixing my favorite champions quite often, all of which just happen to be somewhat Up for some reason albeit very fun to play.

The combination idea is neat but I feel like it would only cause people to complain even further about Viktor's item slot syndrome.

CragBlade

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevercry View Post
i would love if each augment augmented his ULT as well one give him a shielding effect for how much dmg it does, one adds a longer silence duration, one that gives longer range or using it reduces his other cds
The reason I stuck with QWE is because touching his ult, no matter how you do it, would possibly make him a little too powerful. Minor touches like longer cast range, reducing cooldowns with it active or potentially even making it bigger could potentially make him too powerful despite not changing much.

Diskings

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i play viktor quite a bit and i've been a fan of this idea for a while. i've mentioned it in passing to live design before, but it's just one of several possible changes to viktor's augment(s) which is already an interesting/complicated case to work on.

once season 3 is up and running, i'd love to chat with them about it more and hear their thoughts on the suggestion and how it compares to others.

Hey as someone who plays a lot of Viktor I would love to be able to brainstorm ideas. I actually brought some up in another Viktor thread, I'll see if I can find them.

Quote:
Yep kind of a sleeper.

If I got free reign of his kit and specifically wanted to avoid making him OP (some testing would need to be done obv but) my recommendations:

Fix his death ray so it always appears and seems consistent. I agree with what's been said about his ult, but I like the damage over time, so I'd prefer if it was something more like "X up front" then it peters off (as it is, it's X up front Y per second thereafter, I'm talking like X up front, 2Y per second after (over time diminishing down to 1/2Y per second. Even if the AP ratio has to drop a tiny bit from where it is now. Will just make his ult feel more rewarding since you never get 7s on an enemy...

Something needs to be done with his shield, I think just the shield ratio could go up just a little bit (seems like a very tiny shield even with lots of AP). The problem, like the other guy said, is that it takes too long for the shield to get to you. Considering this length of time (and how it always comes too late if you need it to save your life) I wouldn't mind seeing a slight increase on the shield you get for those times it actually does travel back to you. Or somehow (without making it weird) have the shield actually apply earlier-but that would seem out of place unless the particle was insanely fast.

Augment Death likely will be the only option for an AP carry, but the other two could be geared for other roles.

Augment Gravity could maybe have the slow increased a little bit and have the stun last .25s longer (or something) for a support who needs some CC to save his carry. With cdr and mana regen. The damage would still outshine the use of a slightly better slow/stun duration, so I can't see AP carries opting for this over that, but as a support, when you don't need damage at all....

Augment Power I'm not sure. The speed buff very rarely saves you, almost literally every champion has either a dash, a blink, a jump, a speed boost, or a movespeed slow that will still kill you. I mean there are times it inevitably will actually save you, but these are few and far between. I would rather see a debuff than a movespeed buff. Something like Power Transfer saps X AP/AD from the target for Y seconds. Something like 20/25 at max rank for 3 seconds maybe? Again guessing, and would require testing to see if it's balanced. But this would help a top lane viktor let's say (or a support might choose this over augment gravity if they wanted). Like I said, the movespeed bonus just doesn't help as much as it should, so changing it completely is where I would take it.

Other debuffs are possible too. Instead of ^, maybe have it so when you power transfer someone, it ripples through them into the ground, and slowing anyone nearby. (Possibly like Orianna's as well, slow/haste depending on team).

These would be my suggestions, none would really affect the typical Viktor, it would just allow more versatility for other 'types' of Viktor lol.
Taken from: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2595892&page=2
where there were other good ideas.

My friends always bug me because I play Viktor (I think he's a fine pick, but only as AP carry unfortunately, and I think Death Augment is the only viable augment currently).

CragBlade

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskings View Post
Hey as someone who plays a lot of Viktor I would love to be able to brainstorm ideas. I actually brought some up in another Viktor thread, I'll see if I can find them.

Taken from: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2595892&page=2
where there were other good ideas.

My friends always bug me because I play Viktor (I think he's a fine pick, but only as AP carry unfortunately, and I think Death Augment is the only viable augment currently).
The other augments can work, but on Dominion. Even then it is probably better to just use Death.

SolusEmsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Now with Kha'zix's evolution mechanics, why not make it so he can upgrade his item 3 times?

Pay 1000g, get upgrade for one ability. Pay another 1000g, get 2nd upgrade. Pay another 1000g, get 3rd upgrade. 3000g to upgrade his core to have all three augments (probably less total stats so it does not become toooo strong an item slot).

Or have it be like Kha'zix, give him evolutions at R skill increases instead of the item. Both logical ideas.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

10-10-2012

Augment: Power (Close-Range/Defensive):
* Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by x% for 3 seconds.
* Gravity Field is x% larger and grants Viktor bonus magic resist and armor while he remains inside of it.
* Death Ray restores a small portion of Viktor's health for every enemy hit, with Champions restoring more than monsters/minions and diminishing returns on subsequent targets.

Augment: Gravity (Long-Range/Support):
* Power Transfer's range is increased by x% and can be cast on allied Champions, granting both Viktor and allied target the shield.
* Gravity Field has an additional x% cast range.
* Death Ray's range is increased by x% and it now slows enemy Champions by x% for 4 seconds.

Augment: Death (Mid-Range/Damage):
* Power Transfer adds a mark to target enemy which can be activated by Viktor's auto-attacks or spells to deal additional magic damage based on the target's health.
* Gravity Field depletes enemy Magic Resist.
* Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 30% additional magic damage over 4 seconds.

CragBlade

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolusEmsu View Post
Now with Kha'zix's evolution mechanics, why not make it so he can upgrade his item 3 times?

Pay 1000g, get upgrade for one ability. Pay another 1000g, get 2nd upgrade. Pay another 1000g, get 3rd upgrade. 3000g to upgrade his core to have all three augments (probably less total stats so it does not become toooo strong an item slot).

Or have it be like Kha'zix, give him evolutions at R skill increases instead of the item. Both logical ideas.
Considering I literally just had this idea and posted about it, I would go for the latter rather than the former. Having to pay gold to get your own abilities would be horrible if it was that expensive.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Augment: Power (Close-Range/Defensive):
* Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by x% for 3 seconds.
* Gravity Field is x% larger and grants Viktor bonus magic resist and armor while he remains inside of it.
* Death Ray restores a small portion of Viktor's health for every enemy hit, with Champions restoring more than monsters/minions and diminishing returns on subsequent targets.

Augment: Gravity (Long-Range/Support):
* Power Transfer's range is increased by x% and can be cast on allied Champions, granting both Viktor and allied target the shield.
* Gravity Field has an additional x% cast range.
* Death Ray's range is increased by x% and it now slows enemy Champions by x% for 4 seconds.

Augment: Death (Mid-Range/Damage):
* Power Transfer adds a mark to target enemy which can be activated by Viktor's auto-attacks or spells to deal additional magic damage based on the target's health.
* Gravity Field depletes enemy Magic Resist.
* Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 30% additional magic damage over 4 seconds.
If there is anything I can never understand, it's why Power Augment grants his Q a speed buff. I know it makes kiting easier. But thematically, it should do something to make him sturdier to increase his survivability, not give him more MS.

I feel the Power and Gravity's Q should trade. Power Augment is designed to be more defense oriented. And Gravity will gain utility from that extra speed.