World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tezk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

1k riot points where

Shirigu

10-10-2012

Based on what you have written here in this thread I firmly believe that AZF should be disqualified from the tournament!

A measly 30k fine is not going to be any real big loss!

BTW, in any other sports venue cheating is a violation of game rules and is punishable by disqualification.

vVv RobZ

10-10-2012

I support this decision, thanks for keeping the community updated.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

The Koreans are happy 'bout those fines.

Method512

10-10-2012

Happy about you taking a stance...but sad for being just a fine...

5oIid

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirigu View Post
Based on what you have written here in this thread I firmly believe that AZF should be disqualified from the tournament!

BTW, in any other sports venue cheating is a violation of game rules and is punishable by disqualification.
You can't DQ an entire team based on the actions of 1 member, if this was season 3 when each team is required to have a sub then sure DQ the player, but honestly regardless of that AF would have won that series against TSM simply because they are a better team.

I do not approve of the cheating but at least riot took action and the fact that the money is going to a charity you can't really complain at least they are not going to just keep it they are still giving it away to a worthy cause

Draël

10-10-2012

wow... from all I read its all a question of bad organisation or too little room to seperate the two (venue screen and the players)

I hate to say it, but I'm always dissapointed.
good game anyways.

Dont let the honor system fall because this game is too competitive for some of us that they only act like total *******s.

Give rewards, give achievements. Do Both and do it soon.
and yea.. I didnt watch the esports... mybad @ having a life

gL!

Notomi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Hi everyone,

Weve completed a comprehensive investigation of all alleged incidents of players looking at the venue screen at the World Playoffs. Our full rulings are posted by bitingpig below, but heres the tl;dr:

We evaluated these cases based on intent, severity and tangible impact to the course of the game. Based on our investigation, the Azubu Frost incident is the only one where we determined there to be tangible impact we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We dont believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game.

Per our rules we are issuing a fine of $30,000* for unsportsmanlike conduct. Proceeds will go to our charity program in Korea.

Here are summaries of our findings on the other incidents:

• Quarterfinal #4, Game 3 (CLG.EU v. Team WE) at 19:24 on the game clock WE WeiXiao looked up at the venue screen. Practical benefits to Team WE were limited - Corkis moves after WeiXiaos look would have been logical, whether he saw Sonas position on the venue screens or not. We have determined this to be unsportsmanlike and have issued a warning.
  • Group Stage A (IG v. SK) at 13:00 on the game clock iG Zz1tai looked over his right shoulder at the screens. From our analysis, there was no material impact to the game. We have determined this to be unsportsmanlike and have issued a warning.
  • Quarterfinal #3, (restarted) Game 1 (AZF v. TSM) during game pause TSM Dyrus turned his head to determine whether it was feasible to see the minimap screens from the stage. TSM obtained no direct meaningful benefits from Dyrus action as the game was restarted, but we have issued a warning.
  • Quarterfinal #2, Game 1 (TPA v. NaJin Sword) at 4:11 on the game clock - TPA Stanley briefly looked to his left, then looked forward and adjusted his monitor. Weve determined he was responding to glare issues. The position of all five players of NaJin Sword was already visible to TPA at this time. While Stanley violated the referees instructions to look forward at all times, there was no unsportsmanlike conduct.

*20% of current tournament winnings.

We take this stuff seriously. Our rules on sportsmanlike conduct are clearly communicated to competitors, and our decisions here are based on those rules. More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldnt have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesnt happen in the future.
Hello, I noticed that the fine is 20% of their earnings. Does that mean Azubu will be charged 200,000 dollars as a fine if they win the entire tournament? I think a question like this deserves to be clarified since I believe lot of people are curious about this. Thanks for all the work!

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirigu View Post

it should be 30k to start with the deeper they go the more they get fined. Instead of the flat 30k fine.

I would rather see a DQ/rematch however riot has made their judgement.

Some action has taken but i'm not sure it is enough, at least they kept us updated

(edited cuz didn't read specifics closely enough)

Icenix

10-10-2012

sad thing is that they created a situation where the cheating was possible