World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillyFearz

10-10-2012

So did you guys know that the screens were visible during the creation or something? I dont think really its all the teams fault theres a giant screen showing everyones position and a million dollars on the line. It should have been designed better or at least have had the rotating platform rotated to a certain angle to prevent them from looking once it was brought up.

Jarzelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Justice has happened. GJ Riot.

x The Deleter x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

good job riot. you cleared things up.

nick16characters

10-10-2012

they shouldn´t be able to cheat even if they want -_-

Yukinomo

10-10-2012

I was looking forward to a DQ, but I guess you take what you get. Thanks Riot, and I'm glad to see at least some kind of consequence as a result of violating conduct. Good work guys, and next time you host a tournament, try not to put the real time minimaps above their heads.

AWESOMO 4K

10-10-2012

I am glad that TPA has their names cleared. They played two excellent games against Najin, and it pained me to see that their success being overshadowed by allegations of cheating.

SafetyX

10-10-2012

Thank you for the clarification! I am so glad action was taken.

Now take more action and penalize RiotTiza for straight up lying to the community.

Here is what he said:

" I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match."

"If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament."

Well, they DID look at the minimap and their standing in the tournament was NOT jeopardized. Hm....

12fingerJIM

10-10-2012

Justice!

weedyo

10-10-2012

Disappointed. Not harsh enough IMO.

Sarkhon

10-10-2012

So, you determine that first blood potential on Dyrus (Darius) would not in fact snowball the lane out of control (as the match-up between the two champions goes, one way or another) and that the extra gold and exp that Maokai received was not enough to give him a significant advantage over his counter part in the jungle that you merely awarded fines.

While I'm glad you did note it as a major infraction, any gameplay change should be met with a disqualification or a re-start of the game. Something to look at in the future.

Otherwise, great job in handling the situation. I'm not a TSM fan, and I actually really enjoy watching AZF play, I just don't like that cheating occurred.

At least I can look at it this way. While cheating did occur, it is benefiting a charity. So, cheat away to help the charities!