This race for WarHero Janna has destroyed solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vizzlepeez

10-10-2012

Alright so starting the week after the announcement I don't think there can be any doubt that the amount of lvl 30 summoners playing ranked has increased, by how much is something i do not know but you can probably check lolking. I find it ironic that my elo has dropped from that day forward. I have hundreds of ranked games played and the majority of them have been played in the 1400+ elo. Before our top rankings were reset i had reached as high as 1494, so you can imagine i was going to try my hardest to get to 1500, i really want warhero janna too lol. since then i did manage to get back up to 1460 until this heavy(and swift) drop of my elo began. I'm currently 1306 and have lost at least 15 out of 20 games in the past week and a half. My overall KDA is pretty solid, i play a lot of support and jungle so I'm not really about the kills either. The past week I've lost 81 elo and several games as both alistar and lee sin, two of my favorite and most used champions. Honestly you can take from the numbers what you want, my point is my game play is solid for 1400 elo and has not declined in any noticeable way but what i have noticed since the announcement is that people on my team have begun to make mistakes that i rarely see in my usual elo level. Overextending to an extreme degree, face checking bushes, lack of concern for map objectives, and overall unawareness. These seem like the usual indications of an unskilled/inexperienced player. I am not the only person that has experienced this. Several of my friends have seen a large drop in their elo ratings over this time. Clearly a sample size of three will not be enough for you *******s out there who think it makes them sound more intelligent to over analyze and belittle what other people say on this forum , but really all i'm really trying to do with this thread is to find people who feel the same way i do or who have had the same experience as i and my friends have. As a result i have really decreased my LoL playing (which isn't necessarily a bad thing lol) and when i do play i have been drawn to games like ARAM instead of playing ranked because its more fun to have a good time there than playing a ranked game and knowing you lost 5 minutes in(although i am not the type to say that in game because people who say gg after someone gives up fb or because we are down several kills are also *******s as well as inexperienced).

I am not going to make some over extended claim that this has caused a huge crash in elo for thousands of players but it is a quite curious coincidence. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this too. Thanks.

p.s. people who correct other people's grammar on the forums are also *******s.

tl;dr The ranking system change and promised the new 1500 elo janna skin has led to an increased in players playing ranked but a decrease in player quality and player elo ratings. and you are all *******s

AJStarhiker

10-10-2012

I play in the 800-900 range and noticed a marked decrease in player quality. I'm not talking about skill-level. I know I'm not the greatest player around, so I can deal with unskilled players. It's the raging when those players insist they should be gold+ and claim they are down there solely because of trolls and quitters, not because they can't play as a team.

I'd wanted to hit 1000, but the raging and trolling has gotten bad enough, I think I'm going to stay in normals until the season ends. Players are more friendly there.

ManicPhilosopher

10-10-2012

Not going to correct your grammar, but this is the first ever post I have ever actually wanted a tl;dr for.

Xyphion

10-10-2012

I've noticed a difference as well for what it's worth. I've found people doing the same thing you've mentioned like face checking bushes and over extending all the time. I would consider myself a 1400+ player any day of the week, but I have had 4 games (recently) with either an AFK or a leaver. On top of that I've found people with terrible map awareness - just a sense they have not a god damn idea of what's going on at all.... is it because of the prizes? Who knows, but it certainly does seem more abundant. I guess the way to avoid that is to create some premade teams and make some new friends. At least you know what you'll be going in with.

Kreyni

10-10-2012

You drop in ELO, the enemy team rises in ELO.

One team has to rise in ELO.

It could be yours.

Carry harder. If there's a 10% chance to get an unskilled player every game, Your team has a 10%+10%+10%+10% chance of getting an unskilled player if you're good, the enemy has a 10%+10%+10%+10%+10% chance. Your ELO should be gradually rising if you're as good as you say you are.

If it's not, we can assume mathematically that you are bad.

Vizzlepeez

10-10-2012

u totally missed the point of it being a sharp decrease in a short amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
You drop in ELO, the enemy team rises in ELO.

One team has to rise in ELO.

It could be yours.

Carry harder. If there's a 10% chance to get an unskilled player every game, Your team has a 10%+10%+10%+10% chance of getting an unskilled player if you're good, the enemy has a 10%+10%+10%+10%+10% chance. Your ELO should be gradually rising if you're as good as you say you are.

If it's not, we can assume mathematically that you are bad.

daftroses

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I started playing ranked a week ago and my ELO's only gone up. Funny how that works out right?

Nishaven90

10-10-2012

Somehow made it to 1500 in all this mess.

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
Alright so starting the week after the announcement I don't think there can be any doubt that the amount of lvl 30 summoners playing ranked has increased, by how much is something i do not know but you can probably check lolking. I find it ironic that my elo has dropped from that day forward. I have hundreds of ranked games played and the majority of them have been played in the 1400+ elo. Before our top rankings were reset i had reached as high as 1494, so you can imagine i was going to try my hardest to get to 1500, i really want warhero janna too lol. since then i did manage to get back up to 1460 until this heavy(and swift) drop of my elo began. I'm currently 1306 and have lost at least 15 out of 20 games in the past week and a half. My overall KDA is pretty solid, i play a lot of support and jungle so I'm not really about the kills either. The past week I've lost 81 elo and several games as both alistar and lee sin, two of my favorite and most used champions. Honestly you can take from the numbers what you want, my point is my game play is solid for 1400 elo and has not declined in any noticeable way but what i have noticed since the announcement is that people on my team have begun to make mistakes that i rarely see in my usual elo level. Overextending to an extreme degree, face checking bushes, lack of concern for map objectives, and overall unawareness. These seem like the usual indications of an unskilled/inexperienced player. I am not the only person that has experienced this. Several of my friends have seen a large drop in their elo ratings over this time. Clearly a sample size of three will not be enough for you *******s out there who think it makes them sound more intelligent to over analyze and belittle what other people say on this forum , but really all i'm really trying to do with this thread is to find people who feel the same way i do or who have had the same experience as i and my friends have. As a result i have really decreased my LoL playing (which isn't necessarily a bad thing lol) and when i do play i have been drawn to games like ARAM instead of playing ranked because its more fun to have a good time there than playing a ranked game and knowing you lost 5 minutes in(although i am not the type to say that in game because people who say gg after someone gives up fb or because we are down several kills are also *******s as well as inexperienced).

I am not going to make some over extended claim that this has caused a huge crash in elo for thousands of players but it is a quite curious coincidence. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this too. Thanks.

p.s. people who correct other people's grammar on the forums are also *******s.

tl;dr The ranking system change and promised the new 1500 elo janna skin has led to an increased in players playing ranked but a decrease in player quality and player elo ratings. and you are all *******s
I actually moved to 3s for the remainder of the season because of this. (for ranked) I have noticed that people in my regular draft modes often play better then in my ranked games. (1300~ elo).

xXChanChanXx

10-11-2012

decrease in player quality means easier lanes for you. I don't see how you're gonna get to 1500 if you still think you're in elo hell.