champs i should learn for solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

So I prefer top / jungle..as I excel mostly at them (and mid, but mid is always spammed in Solo Q without fail...so I dont even contend.)

I'm looking to expand my champs to play

atm i have ~2k RP and 5400 IP (will get to 6300 np)
I refuse to use RP for 3150 and under champs.

Top I play:
Jayce (played before he got popular)
Rene
WU
Vlad
Swain when calls for it.
Riven
morde

Jungle:
Mumu
Hecarim
Maokai

I have Olaf, and hes prolyl my fav overall champ for jungle, but he doesnt contend well enough anymore :/ (if im wrong on this lmk! gimmie a guide, ill love u forever!)
I cant stand Olaf top, idk why.

I was thinking about Lee sin as he can play both roles, though I dont see him at all as of late, didnt know if they nerfed him or anything.

any input is appreciated. thanks

FeedingTrollNoob

10-09-2012

Learn to play a support. You will have to for the good of your team. Winning in ranked isn't about your success, its about the success of the team. Also, buy random champs whenever you get the chance, just having the option to trade that champ to someone on your team who may want it if you are FP is godly. You can avoid showing your solo lanes until it is too late to counter them, and this helps greatly in ranked.

I would recommend learning Janna and Soraka for supports. They are somewhat passive, but they are rarely banned, and help alot. For someone more agressive try Leona, however, you need to have absolute coordination with your cary to pull this off.

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTrollNoob View Post
Learn to play a support. You will have to for the good of your team. Winning in ranked isn't about your success, its about the success of the team. Also, buy random champs whenever you get the chance, just having the option to trade that champ to someone on your team who may want it if you are FP is godly. You can avoid showing your solo lanes until it is too late to counter them, and this helps greatly in ranked.
I do have some "support" champions

as I enjoy supporting with unconventional supports like nid/lux/zilean..ali if not banned

FeedingTrollNoob

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
I do have some "support" champions

as I enjoy supporting with unconventional supports like nid/lux/zilean..ali if not banned
Nidalee, Lux and Zilean are wonderful champions, however they don't function well in the role of a support for one reason: They all need to be fed to matter at all late game. Zilean is an exception to this, sure, but his abilities are still inferior to other supports without the farm. I suggested Janna and Soraka because they work with every single AD there is. Janna has 2 hard CC's, a shield with an AD buff, and a soft CC. Zilean only brings a soft CC and a revive. A good Janna can honestly carry fights late game. For solo Q I would recommend those two just on those grounds. I main Janna for a reason. She isn't a passive support like some, or agressive like others, she is reactive. Meaning that with her skill set, you can wait for the enemy to make their mistakes for you, then combo them and punish them, HARD, for their mistakes. Once you get good at playing her, you can even set things up for your carry.

If you can get good at 2 roles and master 1, you will always be able to help your team.

Edit: If you like to play Olaf, I know you said you hate it, but learn him top. He is much better as a top laner than a jungler just because he can get consistent farm, and not have to worry about babysitting, or ganking, and will always be fed if you can last hit. And you and I both know, fed Olaf aint nothin to fck with.

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTrollNoob View Post
Nidalee, Lux and Zilean are wonderful champions, however they don't function well in the role of a support for one reason: They all need to be fed to matter at all late game. Zilean is an exception to this, sure, but his abilities are still inferior to other supports without the farm. I suggested Janna and Soraka because they work with every single AD there is. Janna has 2 hard CC's, a shield with an AD buff, and a soft CC. Zilean only brings a soft CC and a revive. A good Janna can honestly carry fights late game. For solo Q I would recommend those two just on those grounds. I main Janna for a reason. She isn't a passive support like some, or agressive like others, she is reactive. Meaning that with her skill set, you can wait for the enemy to make their mistakes for you, then combo them and punish them, HARD, for their mistakes. Once you get good at playing her, you can even set things up for your carry.

If you can get good at 2 roles and master 1, you will always be able to help your team.

E/ I meant to mention i was gonna try janna, i think i actually do have her. just fear the ulti fails.

Edit: If you like to play Olaf, I know you said you hate it, but learn him top. He is much better as a top laner than a jungler just because he can get consistent farm, and not have to worry about babysitting, or ganking, and will always be fed if you can last hit. And you and I both know, fed Olaf aint nothin to fck with.
I think I don't like olaf top just because he isnt as much of a powerhouse he used to bebefore all these new champs came out. he used to be such an amazing jungler :/ and I like roaming and ganking on olaf which u cant do as much top.

I also play nunu support, i forgot him. ali when hes not banned. i cant sit idle :/ add so soraka n such are just sooo boring lol i mean, later on sure they are intensive, but early..sitting there..nada..so boring lol

why i like nid, and lvl 6 i can put down the beats on them just as well as my adc lol

FlyingPieDude

10-10-2012

A few other tops you might try

Cho'Gath
Jarvan IV
Jax
Pantheon
Yorick

Jarvan, Jax, and Cho can also be pretty good junglers

And I don't know what problems you are having with olaf, he still his a powerhouse, has a slow that can have a 0 second CD, his own sustain, and he does true damage, not to mention is ulti is pretty op. If you aren't winning top lane as Olaf, well no offence but you obviously have no idea how to play Olaf. There are very few champs that actually counter Olaf and even if they do, his reckless swing still does quite a nice chunk of damage, I mean what is it, 350 true damage? that hurts when you get hit by that a few times. If you need help with learning what counters Olaf, you may consider visitng sites like LoLCounter, if you need help with builds, just go to google or whatever and type in "Olaf Builds" and you will get plently of good ides on how to build him as a solo top or a jungler.

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrollDude View Post
A few other tops you might try

Cho'Gath
Jarvan IV
Jax
Pantheon
Yorick

Jarvan, Jax, and Cho can also be pretty good junglers

And I don't know what problems you are having with olaf, he still his a powerhouse, has a slow that can have a 0 second CD, his own sustain, and he does true damage, not to mention is ulti is pretty op. If you aren't winning top lane as Olaf, well no offence but you obviously have no idea how to play Olaf. There are very few champs that actually counter Olaf and even if they do, his reckless swing still does quite a nice chunk of damage, I mean what is it, 350 true damage? that hurts when you get hit by that a few times. If you need help with learning what counters Olaf, you may consider visitng sites like LoLCounter, if you need help with builds, just go to google or whatever and type in "Olaf Builds" and you will get plently of good ides on how to build him as a solo top or a jungler.
Thanks, yeah i forgot about getting yorick TY!
also jarvan i may try out, I got him awhile back, and i just couldnt get him down so i stoppped.

Olaf top i havent really played too much ,ive played a couple games and its just not the same play, I lik ehim in the jungle, but he doesnt perform as well as he used to in the jungle, unless his build has just changed for jungling and i dont know it

Elupshe

10-10-2012

Play Evelyn ap in mid, gank gank gank and get free elo, the problem is, all guys call for mid so good luck :/

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elupshe View Post
Play Evelyn ap in mid, gank gank gank and get free elo, the problem is, all guys call for mid so good luck :/
im dont on trying to get mid it only leads to mid or feed.
and if i go mid, i go orianna, lb, or ziggs

t0ad5

10-10-2012

Jungler I would suggest is mumu, due to usefulness to team.

LS is fun and could do either role.

Irelia top.

Regnar is kind of fun and could do either. I haven't tried the new champ, but looks fun and maybe a better jungler.

Darius...maybe... can actually jungle too.

Olaf top.