@Morello: Let's talk Varus

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharag

10-10-2012

I'm not going to argue about his strength/weakness or how OP/UP he might be, rather, I would like to talk about his design and how it feels to play him.

I don't like the way his Blighted Quiver works. It's not very fulfilling in regards to the rest of his kit.

Whenever I try to "optimize" my play and use an ability after every 3 auto-attacks, I can't help but feel bad.

If I trigger the stacks with Q, it's most often the shortest Q and thus minimal damage from Q. That feels kinda wasted. Not to mention that you want to save that Q to snipe low-hp fleeing enemies when they flash away from you (very, very often).

Using R, his ult to trigger it is also in rare situations as you will most often want to use that ult as initiation or help in escape.

So, you pretty much have just E which is also often better to use earlier in fights due to the utility it provides.

I know these are choices to increase his gameplay, but I think their "cost" is too high. Whichever choice I make, I often wonder would the other choice be better and I always feel like I lost something.

Maybe that's just me. What do you think? What do other Varus players think?

P.S. I know you (and all the other Rioters) are now swamped with the Championship, but I'd be grateful if you could share your thoughts on the matter (now or after the finals, same to me). Thanks!

Restitution

10-10-2012

I personally feel like he isn't strong enough to be able to have no escape abilities - it doesn't make sense to have him be as strong as corki or graves but lacking the escape ability that they both also have.

Still Eternity

10-10-2012

When I played him on free week I felt the same kind of way.

I think that he should be reworked so that after a period of time, the Blight stacks on an enemy detonate anyway, dealing damage, perhaps reduced damage. That way it doesn't feel like a waste when you want to just Auto Attack them, but you can still rely on the Blight damage.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I was excited to play him.

Then I was disapointed.

Vertchewal

10-10-2012

Varus' most valuable skill is his E, if you don't know how it works, you make threads like this.

Sharag

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertchewal View Post
Varus' most valuable skill is his E, if you don't know how it works, you make threads like this.
I see that reading is not your strongest point. It might be wise to at least skim through the original post before posting something unrelated.

Top Lane Only

10-10-2012

His Q could scale better tbh. I mean early on it's amazing but it just falls off so hard.

Vertchewal

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharag View Post
I see that reading is not your strongest point. It might be wise to at least skim through the original post before posting something unrelated.
I read the entire post, and you complained about activating Blight, and you still don't know how his E works. If you know how to play Varus, you max E first. On top of it you said almost nothing about his E other than it being a slow utility. It is totally related. I talked about Varus.

FarmedAndFamous

10-10-2012

varus is great actually,his Q needs some sort of buff(basicly q has the same cooldown as e but you can not autoattack for several seconds using q so its most efficient to hit someone 2-3 times and e)

Sharag

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertchewal View Post
I read the entire post, and you complained about activating Blight, and you still don't know how his E works. If you know how to play Varus, you max E first. On top of it you said almost nothing about his E other than it being a slow utility. It is totally related. I talked about Varus.
You have obviously missed the point of my post then. Also, you don't always max E first. It completely depends on the lane. It's a gameplay choice.

However, as I said in the very first sentence of the first post, I'm not here to talk about how strong/weak Varus is or what is the optimal way to play/build him. I'm here to talk about how it feels to play Varus. That is a very important part of champion design and that is why I'm asking for Morello's insight.

1234511 ... 14