Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George MichaeI

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrhymes View Post
The only piece of evidence I've seen that isn't 100% circumstantial is the ping after the restart.

More important than the decision is how it's worded so to minimize the adolescent cries of bloody murder when the post is made that there's clearly not enough to DQ or perform a rematch.
They haven't proven who even did the pinging...

Gun Pierson

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth***** View Post
so as it is nothing will be done regarding TSM, AF matches.

The simple fact is... riot is stuck for time to even do a BO3 for CLG vs WE (so they are only doing final match). do you really think they will consider a rematch for TSM vs AF??

and they are not gonna DQ anyone either. the issue will be swept under the rug or they will give some bogus explanation.

riot just has to dodge for 12 hours more. once the CLG vs WE match starts there is no turning back. and now is thier beauty sleep time :P
That may be possible, but even if AF gets away with this one and even if they win the tournament, I'll never accept them as the true champions of season 2. For Woong and his teammates that will not make any difference I know. They're just there to rake in the 1 million dollar.

Jgrhymes

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by George MichaeI View Post
I just assumed it was someone on AF. Does it really matter who?

More important is the awesome reference to Arrested Development.

Adun Abstrusus

10-10-2012

Have you reviewed the commentators performance during that whole mess? I know their job was not easy but there is a lot of room for improvement and I have read quite a bit of feedback on these forums that I saw no reply to. Examples statements: people watching from home do not matter as much and people are probably not even watching still. There were many more statements that seemed to deflect and spin the entire mishap as well which seemed to me that RIOT dd not want to take ownership at the time. The commentators should really think before they speak I believe. That said if there were not technical problems to begin with most of their performance would have been OK but not stellar IMO.

I do find it strange that you can schedule an event without having the findings already from the cheating allegations. I do realize there maybe be a time constraint as far as people from over seas that have come here. I hope that is resolved fairly to ALL parties. There seems to be enough to go on to warrant the review IMO. I would not put it past a team to have the temptation with this much money on the line. There are other ways to cheat without looking at the screen which I am sure you are aware of. The rewards are like going to Vegas so I hope you are thinking of it in this manner.

On a side note I just got done reading all the responses RIOT has made here and I commend you on that and the final decision made on compensating the community. Your effort shown in this thread makes me believe you all are working hard to improve. I wish you and riot good luck.

George MichaeI

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrhymes View Post
I just assumed it was someone on AF. Does it really matter who?

More important is the awesome reference to Arrested Development.
Oh it was definitely AF, but they haven't proven which player.

Obviously it would make sense for the player that looked at the map to have immediately pinged... but it could also have been someone else, based on the prior game before the remake and them maybe assuming tsm might do the same strat.

Most likely it was the player who looked up at the screen, but it is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

And while arrested development is an amazing tv series (hooray for new episodes soon) my name is in honor of the pop singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun Abstrusus View Post
Have you reviewed the commentators performance during that whole mess? I know their job was not easy but there is a lot of room for improvement and I have read quite a bit of feedback on these forums that I saw no reply to. Examples statements: people watching from home do not matter as much and people are probably not even watching still. There were many more statements that seemed to deflect and spin the entire mishap as well which seemed to me that RIOT dd not want to take ownership at the time. The commentators should really think before they speak I believe. That said if there were not technical problems to begin with most of their performance would have been OK but not stellar IMO.

I do find it strange that you can schedule an event without having the findings already from the cheating allegations. I do realize there maybe be a time constraint as far as people from over seas that have come here. I hope that is resolved fairly to ALL parties. There seems to be enough to go on to warrant the review IMO. I would not put it past a team to have the temptation with this much money on the line. There are other ways to cheat without looking at the screen which I am sure you are aware of. The rewards are like going to Vegas so I hope you are thinking of it in this manner.

On a side note I just got done reading all the responses RIOT has made here and I commend you on that and the final decision made on compensating the community. Your effort shown in this thread makes me believe you all are working hard to improve. I wish you and riot good luck.
It is indeed strange, because they changed clg.eu vs WE to a bo1 instead of a bo3, specifically because of the heavy schedule... but if they were going to rule that azubu frost would be banned, that schedule wouldn't be as heavy for the clg.eu vs we winner... and then making it a bo1 (which is less accurate for determining the better team) will have been silly.

Flipyflopies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdapumps View Post
Just wanted to say Riot should be ashamed of how this event is being handled. On top of everything you know about, you can't find vods of any of the games played. No one is talking about how great these last 5 teams and for a company that made this event "for the players" the excellence of the few remaining is going widely unnoticed.

PS. the games ended while I was at work and idk who won. You want to be compared to sports but I'm pretty sure you could find what teams are playing in the super bowl when you go to the nfl website.
If this is how you handle season 3 there is a good chance all your extra money and effort could actually set competitive LoL back.
VODs have been posted many times in this very thread. They are available at http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/videos.

Blood Money

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by George MichaeI View Post
Why would TSM ping in the Fog of wart? or howc ome there was a ping while a member of AZF was turned around?

UndeadJesus

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
...a loud vuvuzela...
LoL is now football.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TerminatoRz View Post
Why would TSM ping in the Fog of wart? or howc ome there was a ping while a member of AZF was turned around?
The ping was red in color proving that it was Azubu Frost. A ping from TSM would have been blue. So at least that argument can be decided.

Edit: Azubu Frost was the red team in that game

George MichaeI

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TerminatoRz View Post
No one implied tsm did the pinging... but they haven't proven who on azubu frost did the pinging.