Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyPineapple5

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Hello Dr. Lyte

People have been saying that their honor has been reset, but they didn't do anything wrong. This means one of two things is happening:

A: People aren't aware they are doing something that will get their honor reset

B: The system is accusing innocent people

To fix this I suggest that the system finds "suspicious" people. Then the case goes to Tribunal. Real people will decide if honor has been traded. To do this though the case would need to show every time a player earned honor, who gave it to them, and when it was given to them. So if somebody has 165 honor but they got all of it from random people in spaced out times, it would be obvious they didn't trade honor.

And to ask my question again that I asked earlier.

If somebody says, "Give me honor at the end of game" is is a reportable offense, and if so, what kind of offense???

-Crazypineapple5


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ehsanraza71

Junior Member

10-10-2012

The system is working so good players can get some recognition. It also boosts your confidence when you get honor after a game (atleast for me it does). However, you should add some rewards with honor. Being negative has a consequence (being banned) so being positive should have a reward. I have some ideas: Every 10 honor in any category gets you some IP. Reaching 100 Honor gives you some RP as well as IP. That would make people want to get honor and make some negative players play better for the IP. Just my ideas.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

Senior Member

10-10-2012

whoever wrote this article has some profound misunderstandings in logic.

your first designed safeguard:

Quote:
Honor was designed to recognize patterns. For example, Honorable players who are true positive should not be reported very often.
this is logical fallacy that will punish innocent gamers. Did anyone consider that someone might get reported often because they are just not very good or make silly mistakes a lot. Or better yet, the gamer in question likes to play different builds, or main a different build than people are used to.(and rest assured theres someone every game who will report a "troll build" if theyve never seen it before.)



Quote:
So far, these abuse-prevention measures we built in have been highly effective:

Only 0.21% of players reported for consistent trading
0.63% of players actively trying to trade Honor
0.01% spamming Honor for dishonorable reasons

How is this remotely indicative of success? Saying that you have identified less than .84%, aka less than 1% as trying to abuse the system. For such a "toxic" community, this is more indicative that your identification methods are off not that your identification methods are working great at identifieng the abusers.




Also why tout the fact that you brought in Doctors to perform a research experiment. This is a little silly, why not a dentist and an electrician?

I would imagine a research scientist or someone who works in systemic reviews would be the proper canidate to perform such a test.

Did you use Doctors because people trust them? Maybe you can use Tom Hanks to perform your next experiment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCowness

Senior Member

10-10-2012

I love numbers. This is a cool post, and gives me a little more hope.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b00st View Post
I'd be willing to bet the drop in your reports is because you banned the people that tried to make the community better through reporting. I dont report anyone for anything anymore, I dont care how vile or bad the offense.
But you're not bitter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yanino

Junior Member

10-10-2012

]there should be a reward that you get with your honor like buy some gear or something


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xkhazixmaster18

Senior Member

10-10-2012

I realize the topic of my post was a bit on the personal side, but the questions i ask are of the general demographic. I have not seen you say anything yet on the number of ribbons a player may earn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasifx View Post
Lyte, I have a question about the badges you earn. You said there were 4 badges discovered, obviously implying you have more hidden badges.

I tried to write this out a bit differently but it got wordy, so ill use numbers.

Honor when recieving flash animation and ribbon: 10 honorable opponent

Current Honor
~15 Friendly
~5 Helpful
~30 Teamwork
~50 Honorable Opponent

Since the original badge, i have not seen any new animations/ribbons.

So I have three questions:

Can one player have more than one distinction?

Is the ribbon the color of the highest distinction or the first distinction?
(I don't know if it's in anything other than red since I havn't seen it on anyone else yet and I'm just taking people's word for it :/ )

Are there higher tiers of honor currently accessible?

Also I worry that my relatively high honor might be cause for a reset. Could you check my games to make sure there isn't any? I mostly play with randoms, but a lot of them like to beg for honor :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HippiekillerVX9

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Its Walter View Post
Love the system, keep it up
This


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexenir

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
Did anyone consider that someone might get reported often because they are just not very good or make silly mistakes a lot. Or better yet, the gamer in question likes to play different builds, or main a different build than people are used to.(and rest assured theres someone every game who will report a "troll build" if theyve never seen it before.)
Even if someone is reported for being bad or trying different build, they are not Punished by the Tribunal, so they will not lose Honor. This argument is quite old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
How is this remotely indicative of success? Saying that you have identified less than .84%, aka less than 1% as trying to abuse the system. For such a "toxic" community, this is more indicative that your identification methods are off not that your identification methods are working great at identifieng the abusers.
That's your personal opinion, and a quite limited one (number of games you seen / number of games played by the community).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
Also why tout the fact that you brought in Doctors to perform a research experiment. This is a little silly, why not a dentist and an electrician?

I would imagine a research scientist or someone who works in systemic reviews would be the proper canidate to perform such a test.

Did you use Doctors because people trust them? Maybe you can use Tom Hanks to perform your next experiment.
Because dentists or electricians aren't qualified to analyze social behaviors. I wouldn't want Lyte performing a dental surgery on me. Not sure about Tom Hanks, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehKunai

Senior Member

10-10-2012

It seems pretty obvious that once you introduced an incentive into the system which encouraged people to act a certain way, they'd start doing just that. Now you've pigeon-holed yourself though, and you'll have to carry this "Honor" thing through to a point which satisfies the whole community, or you'll never ever be taken seriously again.