@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzoil View Post
Where are the various shapes and sizes of Jane to go with the various shapes and sizes of Joe?
Fixed that for you. Is this not a much better question to be asking?

Quote:
I would laugh if they ever released a female and male character that was 8 head length with 1 head length wide chest, 2 head lengths stomach/hips, 1 head length wide hips, 3 head length arms, 4 head length legs, 1 head length hand, 1 head length feet. After they design these champions to be completely proportionally correct and NORMAL, they can dress them in normal clothes. And the character's combat skills will be based off of punching and kicking that are completely and utterly average.
Would you laugh if every woman were built like a swimsuit model? Probably not, you can fap to that. That's the bottom line. It doesn't make them better characters in any way other than that, and clearly you can't conceive of someone other than a swimsuit model being compelling in any other way (unless they're male). That's kinda sad, dude.

Quote:
And to answer the question that is being begged by your statement, average champions should not exist an area of above average champions. Would it be fair to make Justin Bieber fight Mike Tyson in a boxing match. I don't think it would be fair at all.
So wait, the women are built like Mike Tyson? Funny, I thought Sejuani was built like Emma Watson but inexplicably wields a giant flail anyway. You're totally fine with Emma Watson vs Mike Tyson, though, I guess.

Being skinny makes you better at smashing things with a flail for reals, yo.

kenzoil

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Fixed that for you.

Would you laugh if every woman were built like a swimsuit model? Probably not, you can fap to that. That's the bottom line. It doesn't make them better characters in any way other than that, and clearly you can't conceive of someone other than a swimsuit model being compelling in any other way. That's kinda sad, dude.

So wait, the women are built like Mike Tyson? Funny, I thought Sejuani was built like Elizabeth Watson but inexplicably wields a giant flail anyway. You're totally fine with Elizabeth Watson vs Mike Tyson, though, I guess.

Being skinny makes you better at smashing things with a flail for reals, yo.
With your correction of my post, you convinced me that you are nothing but a troll, and good day to you.

MTaur

10-09-2012

Quote:
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-topics/

First the link will help you at least understand most aspects of feminism by it's philosophical nature.
I know what feminism is. The problem is that you weren't writing complete, intelligible sentences in English:

Quote:
Design is not the problem. Social construct of females in society is the problem. And shaping character into shapes and forms to represent their history/personality/story is not anti-breaking down social constructs of female in society. it's impartial. As my philosophy majoring feminist friend would put it, you are the problem.
And... what's impartial? The person who decided that Sejuani should have a weapon that weighs twice as much as she does? The person who decided Soraka would look better with a broken back? The person who took out Morgana's internal organs?

Keep telling me that I'm the problem, dude. You have a friend who took a philosophy class once. I am totally intimidated by your intellect. :-P

APennyWorthwhile

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
I know what feminism is. The problem is that you weren't writing complete, intelligible sentences in English:

And... what's impartial? The person who decided that Sejuani should have a weapon that weighs twice as much as she does? The person who decided Soraka would look better with a broken back? The person who took out Morgana's internal organs?

Keep telling me that I'm the problem, dude. You have a friend who took a philosophy class once. I am totally intimidated by your intellect. :-P
Stop looking at designs as a proportion and start looking at it as shapes: triangles, Squares and Circles. Guess what happens, your argument falls apart because guess what? The character is more design oriented then realistic for a game that is not based in reality.

Proportion =/= Design!

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Design is not the problem. Social construct of females in society is the problem. And shaping character into shapes and forms to represent their history/personality/story is not anti-breaking down social constructs of female in society.
Media reifies social constructions.

Take some more philosophy classes before you try to talk about this. I recommend Post-Structuralism and the work of Foucault and Lacan.

Karolina

10-09-2012

Characters not being real isn't an excuse to make them all the same way :T

APennyWorthwhile

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
Characters not being real isn't an excuse to make them all the same way :T
Buy a tablet, buy photoshop, go to LOLKING take a snap shot of every champion, trace over them (outline or silhouette), and tell me they are all the same.

Karolina

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APennyWorthwhile View Post
Buy a tablet, buy photoshop, go to LOLKING take a snap shot of every champion, trace over them (outline or silhouette), and tell me they are all the same.
Not literally duh, but read the OP: the focus of their design is the same in most cases while male champs are more varied.

A bit more diversity couldn't hurt.

MathMage

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwahn View Post
Because there aren't really any upsides to making it fit what a few people consider "serious."
*shrug* I'm not going to force you to consider it from, oh, any perspective that isn't the crudest adolescent male gamer demographic. I'm not going to continue repeating my reasoning over what has now become more than 200 pages of my presence in this thread, solely to convince you that images like these:
give you just as much female form to appreciate, without pandering, as images like these:

http://quirkilicious.deviantart.com/art/Nissa-325030238
http://larsmidnatt.deviantart.com/ar...ht-3-314155184
http://jiuge.deviantart.com/art/see-...econ-302371426 (lady on left isn't really applicable)
http://gooloo0-o.deviantart.com/art/...gain-300495616

(and this is really tame stuff, obviously)

and therefore are Just Better ceteris paribis.

Rippyman

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APennyWorthwhile View Post
The problem isn't that they are indistinguishable, the problem is they have identical body types. Imagine if all male human champions were all build like Garen. Kept their clothes and weapons, but were all the same kind of bulky stronk man. That would be pretty dang boring visually. Ironstylus has admitted this is a problem so I don't see why this is an argument at this point.