Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I think Azubu are the winners no matter what.
You can investigate all you want, but both teams looked and both teams fought afterwards, Azubu won. End of story.

getdapumps

10-09-2012

Just wanted to say Riot should be ashamed of how this event is being handled. On top of everything you know about, you can't find vods of any of the games played. No one is talking about how great these last 5 teams and for a company that made this event "for the players" the excellence of the few remaining is going widely unnoticed.

PS. the games ended while I was at work and idk who won. You want to be compared to sports but I'm pretty sure you could find what teams are playing in the super bowl when you go to the nfl website.
If this is how you handle season 3 there is a good chance all your extra money and effort could actually set competitive LoL back.

Scubajake

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroti View Post
I think Azubu are the winners no matter what.
You can investigate all you want, but both teams looked and both teams fought afterwards, Azubu won. End of story.
Nice and open minded of you...

Scubajake

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdapumps View Post
Just wanted to say Riot should be ashamed of how this event is being handled. On top of everything you know about, you can't find vods of any of the games played. No one is talking about how great these last 5 teams and for a company that made this event "for the players" the excellence of the few remaining is going widely unnoticed.

PS. the games ended while I was at work and idk who won. You want to be compared to sports but I'm pretty sure you could find what teams are playing in the super bowl when you go to the nfl website.
If this is how you handle season 3 there is a good chance all your extra money and effort could actually set competitive LoL back.
Is this a joke? They have a seperate website established with brackets, times and all information you could need. The channel on both twitch and own3d has recordings of all games which can be watched in HD for free. I live in Australia and I managed to watch it all through recordings on twitch, and even watched one game live using the schedule they set up which apparently doesn't exist...,. Think people.

DarthWhore

10-10-2012

so as it is nothing will be done regarding TSM, AF matches.

The simple fact is... riot is stuck for time to even do a BO3 for CLG vs WE (so they are only doing final match). do you really think they will consider a rematch for TSM vs AF??

and they are not gonna DQ anyone either. the issue will be swept under the rug or they will give some bogus explanation.

riot just has to dodge for 12 hours more. once the CLG vs WE match starts there is no turning back. and now is thier beauty sleep time :P

Hekatonkhieres

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth***** View Post
so as it is nothing will be done regarding TSM, AF matches.

The simple fact is... riot is stuck for time to even do a BO3 for CLG vs WE (so they are only doing final match). do you really think they will consider a rematch for TSM vs AF??

and they are not gonna DQ anyone either. the issue will be swept under the rug or they will give some bogus explanation.

riot just has to dodge for 12 hours more. once the CLG vs WE match starts there is no turning back. and now is thier beauty sleep time :P

Yep. They're painted into a corner and they can't do anything to get out of it, so they won't. Deny deny deny and trust the community to forget about it. Still working on that update about Girlsforlol are we?

Alan Lyxion

10-10-2012

...The sheer contrast between the two halves of LoL players here makes me want to vomit.

Seriously, half of us (including myself) are applauding Riot and RedBeard for being awesome and so fast to keep us updated on everything (which they are), and the other half is accusing them of things that are either dead wrong or pretty much impossible not to face.Guess what guys, Riot is pretty much better than any other gaming community, and they do everything they can. Just shut up and play a few games, or if you don't like it feel free to play a game that isn't nearly as awesome and fun with a much less awesome staff behind it.

In other words, RedBeard and Riot are doing everything they can, stop whining and wait.

Also, to the two comments above me (as I write this, at least)... Just wow guys. Riot will do whatever they see as right. They will not sweep it under the rug. Maybe they will do nothing, but they'll say why, and if you think of an honest explanation as "bogus," then I can't even describe my disgust.

And finally, to RedBeard directly: Man, have you gotten any sleep the past few days? Keep up the good work, bro. =3

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

So... without wading through 50+ red posts, has Riot explained, yet, why this situation was allowed to happen in the first place? How did a tournament with a $2 million prize pool end up being organized in such a way that all anyone had to do to cheat was look off to the side a bit?

AIodia

10-10-2012

look in any case, Riot ULTIMATELY makes the final decision... so lets respect that, its Riot that's doing all the hard hard work here... (managing the game, servers, tournaments, fans, players, everything, a whole company) and you trolls in the forums just spit nonsense...

so keep up the amazing effort RIOT, we all support you and yes although we do have a very partitioned general opinion, but that's what you wanted anyway, for feedback, for growth and improvement, its what a leader in this new E-sport must do, and you guys are certainly doing fantastically well!

Jgrhymes

10-10-2012

The only piece of evidence I've seen that isn't 100% circumstantial is the ping after the restart.

More important than the decision is how it's worded so to minimize the adolescent cries of bloody murder when the post is made that there's clearly not enough to DQ or perform a rematch.