Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
36 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b00st View Post
I'd be willing to bet the drop in your reports is because you banned the people that tried to make the community better through reporting. I dont report anyone for anything anymore, I dont care how vile or bad the offense.
That was quite a few weeks ago and that was a different drop in the data.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
37 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Dragon 33 View Post
Hey Lyte, what's the distribution curve for honor right now? Is there like, an average with small outliers? Or do most people have no honor and then there's just a huge dropoff from there?
There's some interesting statistics here I'd love to talk about in the future. For example, I hinted earlier that there's a percentage of the population that used to be toxic but is actually earning Honor now (and decreasing rapidly in # of reports they receive). I'm going to keep a personal eye on this and see if we can talk about it in the future and try to dive into this topic a bit more and see what happened.

VMan7

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I dunno how you managed to get 60 honor but were still enough of a dick to get banned. Impressive.
If you're interested in it, I made a post in the tribunal forums about it.

Basically got reported in 5 games. Game 1 I harped on our Jayce. Game 2 was iffy, I was lumped into people who were harassing Irelia (although I was, just not even 1/3rd as harsh as our team). Game 3/4/5 were false reports against me.

NumNutz1

Recruiter

10-09-2012

I just want to stop in and say I've personally had much fewer negative experiences and seen an increase in general manners in the last week since honor was implemented. Thanks!

RandumXbboy

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz1 View Post
I just want to stop in and say I've personally had much fewer negative experiences and seen an increase in general manners in the last week since honor was implemented. Thanks!

I would have to agree the gaming experience is like you guys got everyone laid! and they somehow realized they dont need to be mad anymore. lol i love the new feature it is working and people are alot nicer now

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I dunno how you managed to get 60 honor but were still enough of a dick to get banned. Impressive.
He's not the only one. I had probably around 1 honor/game average (so, like 20-25 honor) then got a 2-day ban.

Vman claims it was a few bad games, for me it was two massive strings of losses three-ish weeks ago that set me off (combined with a bunch of reports from me experimenting, and failing, with support Viktor in normal games. Those reports are all bull****).

Just because someone is toxic 50% of the time, or toxic only when around other toxic players, doesn't mean they are toxic 100% of the time. They might just be decent people or, god forbid, really nice outgoing guys the rest of the time.

If Honor reduces the number of people who are toxic, it will also end up preventing people from retaliating towards would-be toxic players, which would also contribute to the decrease in reports.

XReyoX

10-09-2012

Lyte, could you clarify a bit more on what constitute as honor trading?

Is saying "ggwp pls honor" at the end of the game considered spamming/trading, providing that the person is not being toxic, but is not exceptionally nice either (e.g. saying glhf at the start, some mias, making a few calls, not being negative in general, but did not go all the way to comfort other players if they are losing).

Voidian

10-09-2012

Thing is:

If you play with your friend, usually with voice chat, you'll work well as a team, so the friends will probably honor themselves every game with teamwork, and even if it fails, they are friends, so they'd get a deserved friendly honor instead.

I don't think that should be considered spamming as it was actually justified, it's just a possible flaw in the system, in fact, the friend might find it very strange when another doesn't even honor him after a match where they weren't trolling or anything.

ploki122

10-09-2012

hmmmm... Just sayin', but there has to be a bug with your honor system... I received 5 friendly honor in an earlier game... and no matter how fun I am to play with, I don't see how I managed to be friendly with my 5 allies...

Voidian

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
hmmmm... Just sayin', but there has to be a bug with your honor system... I received 5 friendly honor in an earlier game... and no matter how fun I am to play with, I don't see how I managed to be friendly with my 5 allies...
late person from previous game