Playoffs Resume October 10th at 5:00 PM

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0bi Wan Kenobi

10-09-2012

Was kinda hoping for a new bo3 for the WE vs CLG.EU match to give them a "fresh" start. After all the shenanigans that went down it seems like a lot of pressure is riding on just one game.

Scubajake

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bi Wan Kenobi View Post
Was kinda hoping for a new bo3 for the WE vs CLG.EU match to give them a "fresh" start. After all the shenanigans that went down it seems like a lot of pressure is riding on just one game.
While I completely agree with you, if Riot had decided to continue with the games on the day, we would not be getting a new best of three, and the pressure on game 3 would be exactly the same. While a new best of three would be nice, I can't deny it would be more for us, the viewers, than the teams haha.

Blinding Shadows

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I thought the idea was a fresh best of 3 for CLG.EU and WE, considering the amount of games they went through and that the pressure for 1 game was too high. Any clarification on this would be welcome.

Nnovakk

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Ah gotcha, well then perfect!

long time player don't post often but i read the boards quite often. CLG fan in general and about the whole Azubu Frost Vs TSM thing. it doesn't look as cut and dry as it seems. if you take away the win from Azubu then every pro game that's played from now till league is dead and gone people are gonna cry wolf * he cheated* to get the game taken away. even if there is clear evidence of it Azubu was already awarded the win. Now if you do nothing about it the next thing you know people will be wearing ear-buds with a coach in the audience. so what do we do about this? i say let Azubu have the win but punish them. let them play out the finals and no matter what place they get they get no money. instead 1st place money goes 2 second. second place money goes to third and so on. have TSM CLG NA NS and IG play another round robin for 5th-8th or what ever you would do to determine who came in 5th-8th. if they Decide Azubu did cheat then also ban them from S3 to set an example for cheating. also set up new rules so this doesn't happen and set better standards for your internet and your tech team. learn from your mistake. and also like other suggestions I've read put them in a soundproof box or at least have side back and top walls next time so they can only see the crowd.

Yognaut261

10-09-2012

I am glad that you have been able to find a way to make the matches fair, i am also gratefull for the ip boost

Physalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Hey RedBeard, while you're around, this is a bit off topic, but do you have any idea which roads will be closed for the space shuttle Endeavours route on saturday or any advice on which way to take to get to the galen center? I'm going to the finals live and I'm kinda scared of traffic in the area because of the roads being closed for Endeavour.

Gamon

10-09-2012

I have a question about WE vs CLG eu, will it be same picks as before or new picks?

Techn0manc3r

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamon View Post
I have a question about WE vs CLG eu, will it be same picks as before or new picks?
This is a good question. I think the picks and bans should remain the same.

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

eh both clg.eu and WE have had days to refine new strategies for this game so i don't see much wrong in making them pick and ban again

it'll be a strange match as i don't think there are 2 other teams in the entire tournament who are more familiar with each other at this point

Pakal Wotan

10-09-2012

We will need just to log in to win the compensation IP during those 48 hs?