Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

donkrx

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3SBalron View Post
After days of hard work and 50+ posts to keep people informed i find it laughable that someone would accuse u of trying to sweep it under the rug.
Keep up the good work Redbeard.
I dont think he's REALLY accusing him of that. I think he's just mad about it, and wants a better response about it.

Again as I've said before it's pretty sick that this type of thing did not have a very clear, explicit punishment policy. I feel like they're handling the cheating allegations on the backfoot which is not a good thing. They should have been prepared for it... when money is on the line, people will do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g (not that screen looking is really that surprising anyway).

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
54 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanseven View Post
I understand you have a lot on your plate with your preparations. But could you at-least hint at how you are gonna punish the teams if they are found guilty of cheating, and can we be assured that these teams will be punished no matter what, even if it is TSM or Azubu.
Again, we are still working on this. We hope to have a post later tonight, but if not it will be tomorrow that we outline this, and at the very least, the rulings will be issued prior to the Wednesday matches.

Thanks for your patience everyone, we have our hands full with the reviews, with the extra matches on Wednesday that we obviously weren't planning on, and then of course the World Finals setup.

SkitZ HitZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

random question but will there be mics in the booths so players watching the game be able to hear how the communicate amongest each other as a team and learning curb for all the players willing to make a team to try and compete? i think it would be pretty cool if we could hear them communicate amongst each other as teams

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
55 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkrx View Post
I dont think he's REALLY accusing him of that. I think he's just mad about it, and wants a better response about it.

Again as I've said before it's pretty sick that this type of thing did not have a very clear, explicit punishment policy. I feel like they're handling the cheating allegations on the backfoot which is not a good thing. They should have been prepared for it... when money is on the line, people will do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g (not that screen looking is really that surprising anyway).
We should have been prepared for it, you are right. We have solutions so this will not happen again.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
56 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitZ HitZ View Post
random question but will there be mics in the booths so players watching the game be able to hear how the communicate amongest each other as a team and learning curb for all the players willing to make a team to try and compete? i think it would be pretty cool if we could hear them communicate amongst each other as teams
We have some team audio when we do the replays, but we don't give access to the full team audio.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
57 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3SBalron View Post
After days of hard work and 50+ posts to keep people informed i find it laughable that someone would accuse u of trying to sweep it under the rug.
Keep up the good work Redbeard.

Also Are the full matches goin to be posted before the finals, as myself and many american fans will be working until after the conclusion of many games we would like to see. Even if i know the outcome i love to see how it happened :-).
Thanks

We are trying to keep up with all of the VODs and post them for everyone to watch

Mjaxon

10-09-2012

So Redbeard, if a different region made a ruckus about an NA or EU team possibly cheating, would Riot take their allegations seriously and do an investigation, or is that a privilege granted only to the NA teams/forums?

P.S. Keep up the good work.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Thanks

We are trying to keep up with all of the VODs and post them for everyone to watch
Thanks. ASAP would be nice, with perhaps a post like "catch up on games you missed" followed by links etc? I'm honestly surprised you guys haven't done that already.

btw, what will be going on saturday before the game? I was going to have a 'super bowl' party but now I see the first game doesn't even start until pretty late here (EST) so it'll be...weird. I was hoping the semifinals would be on the same day and it'd be more of an afternoon thing, back when I planned it (before official schedule was released.)

In the future do you guys think you could plan it a bit better for such things? I can't be the only one having people over to watch.

Whisla

10-09-2012

Redbeard first off Im very pleased with how youve handled this and I know that theres more behind the scenes that makes it even better so good job and keep up the good work!

2nd I put something earlier about this but i know your busy, is there a way to get in contact with someone from esports to talk about a possible league for high schools?
would love to talk with someone about it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
58 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisla View Post
Redbeard first off Im very pleased with how youve handled this and I know that theres more behind the scenes that makes it even better so good job and keep up the good work!

2nd I put something earlier about this but i know your busy, is there a way to get in contact with someone from esports to talk about a possible league for high schools?
would love to talk with someone about it.
email tournaments@riotgames.com, and i'll have our college community guy respond to you to see if there is anything we can do to help out.