Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saul

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrowen View Post
I half expect AZF to offer TSM a rematch. Prove to everybody that they aren't afraid of them and clear up any BS that may follow them home about potentially winning due to cheating.

Considering how the games went AZF would have the confidence to do it and putting TSM on the spot like that and considering what they had said before (AZ deserved the win, we played poorly etc) TSM may just turn it down and this whole mess could be dropped.

If AZF gets called out for cheating do you have any idea how large a backlash that would be over ALL the teams? There were plenty of games played where you knew something was fishy (either players sneaking a peek or using crowd reaction to back out or rush to baron) and each of these teams would demand rematches or DQs for the opponents.

Regardless of final verdict I think the best and only two options come down to:
1. Ruling stands, AZF moves forward as it is currently.
2. Rematch offered by AZF.

There is no way a DQ could happen without throwing most of Day1/2 teams into a **** storm of finger pointing and demands for investigations.
I'm sorry. I understand that this is a pro league. But when there is a million dollars involved. You might reconsider giving a good team like TSM an offer like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by George MichaeI View Post
There are different kinds of rhythms and deficits. The type of deficit that eu had in game 2 was one that was gonna snowball very hard against them with how WE was playing... their jungler was extremely behind and it was going to take some pretty extraordinary circumstances for clg.eu to be able to fight vs WE.

When trying to measure these things between 2 different games... there are so many factors that we don't know the true value of... when does composition A become better than composition B, at what exact point? What kinda deficit can it come back from.

Some comps are gonna struggle lategame and then come back and shine late game... some are gonna snowball hard and fast and be impossible to stop if you let them.

The game clg was winning that was remade was obviously closer to being over and was clearly in clg.eu's favor... but even if it is 99.99999% in their favor, if it is a dc it is a dc, and is the same as the first game that needed to be remade.

You can say clg.eu had a larger deficit in the first game they won... but it involves different compositions...
No it doesn't actually. 15 minutes into a game is different than 57 minutes into a game. Baron buff is different than no baron buff. CLG.eu is KNOWN for winning unwinnable games. They turtle harder than any team in the world. They beat Moscow 5 by being behind all game, turtling and then getting the ace when they needed it. Over an hour into the game. The game they came from behind in, that took them getting an ace to happen. The game that was remade? 15 minutes into the game. Nothing was decided. It was 2 towers to 1. The gold wasn't even that much behind. It was a dragon and a tower plus roughly 20 cs. That's not hard to come back from. Especially when you are CLG.eu. The biggest difference is CLG.eu displayed control in the game they were winning during the DC. WE did not display complete control in the game they were winning during the dc. The map objective difference was incredible.

The people who think that CLG.eu was going to lose game 2 need to seriously do research. Go rewatch the video of that game and the remake. Go into any game and tell me at 15 minutes that the game is decided when you are playing at their level. Then, do the same with a game that's about to get to the one hour mark. CLG.eu would not have engaged unless they knew they were going to win the fight. They proved this MANY times earlier in the game. They had won every team fight (i.e, come out ahead) the entire game. There hadn't been an ace yet, but that doesn't mean team fights hadn't happened. CLG.eu was in complete control of that game, with every 2nd teir tower down, 1 inhib tower down, full vision, full buff control. WE did not have this during the second game. That is the difference. You can come back from where they were at in game 2. You cannot come back from where WE was at in game 3 unless CLG.eu makes a serious mistake. WE doesn't even have to make a mistake in 2 for CLG.eu to make their comeback. They just play their style and grind it out. There is a reason they hold every record for time in league right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
53 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHOMNRNDSVG View Post
So Riot is just not responding to the cheating allegations against AZF and moving forward with their schedule?

What a joke, trying to sweep it under the rug because they're pressed for time.
I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R3SBalron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.
After days of hard work and 50+ posts to keep people informed i find it laughable that someone would accuse u of trying to sweep it under the rug.
Keep up the good work Redbeard.

Also Are the full matches goin to be posted before the finals, as myself and many american fans will be working until after the conclusion of many games we would like to see. Even if i know the outcome i love to see how it happened :-).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitagotico

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I previously announced wed be conducting a new best of 3 between Team WE and CLG.eu. However, given new feedback and considerations, as well as conversations with both teams, weve reversed that decision. WE and CLG will be concluding the one remaining game of their best of 3 match on Wednesday.

The winner of this quarterfinal will have to face intense competition in the Semifinal match that same day, and given the late start time necessitated by event preparations, a new best of three could result in some very late games. Were concerned about fatigue and a poor experience for all teams and players involved. Additionally, the two games on the scoreboard in the existing best of 3 completed without incident, so we believe they should stand.

Both teams are informed of the new decision and are practicing accordingly. We know some of you were looking forward to a new best of 3, but I hope youll understand why Riot has chosen to resume the existing match.
When you say "Resume the existing match" you mean with the same picks?
If not, why not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajido

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.
Others have asked already but could you please tell us options of punishment you're considering if in fact they're found guilty of cheating?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lanseven

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.

I understand you have a lot on your plate with your preparations. But could you at-least hint at how you are gonna punish the teams if they are found guilty of cheating, and can we be assured that these teams will be punished no matter what, even if it is TSM or Azubu.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

donkrx

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We obviously decided against sound proof booths for the World Championship. Booths aren't completely soundproof. They still use the same methods as we're doing with headsets - pumping white noise in. Ive talked to a variety of players, and you really have the same exact same issues with booths you can still hear the muffled sound of crowd noise, which can telegraph plays. Its something were constantly thinking about ways of improving.

The reason we went our open headset solution was because we feel strongly that the players should be part of the atmosphere and crowd experience, instead of sectioned off in a booth. This allows the players to be easy to watch and accessible to the live audience.

As for the line of sight issue, we are working to address players not being able to look over the backs and up at the screens. We will be creating an overhang so this is no longer viable, and it'll be fixed for the conclusion of the playoffs as well as the finals.

In the long run, we'll continue looking at our options and picking what we think is best based on feedback and experience. Nothing's off the table.
Why dont you just actually outline a specific punishment for people that screen-look....... give players a brief timeout for each offense. Any timeout would be taken super seriously by these teams and I can guarantee no one would ever move their head in a game.

This whole "guys, please dont look at the screen or we'll get mad at you, OK?" thing is pretty pathetic. Just saying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjaxon

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrowen View Post
I half expect AZF to offer TSM a rematch. Prove to everybody that they aren't afraid of them and clear up any BS that may follow them home about potentially winning due to cheating.
Everybody = tsm fans + some people on the NA forums. If I was on azubu, I'd tell tsm and the NA forums to piss off and to suck on my yellow Korean nuts.
But I'm not azubu, or korean. So they'll probably be a little more high road than me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VaIse

Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3SBalron View Post
After days of hard work and 50+ posts to keep people informed i find it laughable that someone would accuse u of trying to sweep it under the rug.
Keep up the good work Redbeard.

Also Are the full matches goin to be posted before the finals, as myself and many american fans will be working until after the conclusion of many games we would like to see. Even if i know the outcome i love to see how it happened :-).
I myself don't think Riot is attempting to "sweep", so to speak, but I can understand why people are thinking it. People want answers about what went on with the TSM/AF match, and when it comes to that incident, most of the 50+ posts haven't addressed it specifically except to say that they are investigating it thoroughly. Now, considering that Azubu Frost is scheduled to play tomorrow (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/p...er-10th-500-pm), it seems like the decision has been made without any information about said investigation.

However, I have every confidence Riot will clear the air. We just need to be patient.