@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BmanLi

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
I cannot possibly know everything Rioters have ever said on the subject. I can only talk about my own experiences in dealing with red posts. I never had the pleasure of engaging IronStylus in conversation. You missed the point of my post entirely if you think I am trying to make Riot look bad.

Your tone is dismissive and insulting. Pretty much what I was expecting my first response to be, sadly.

First of all, to your original argument... You can't just dismiss certain champions because they are a "yordle" or a "child" or too "child like" cause the way I see it Lux is a female champion but she doesn't have the crazy *** appeal. To your statement "My argument is that female champions are treated differently, and that there is less diversity amongst the female cast members" and then to your points

Nurse Akali is a stripper nurse. No real nurse dresses like that. However, strippers with themed costumes do dress like that. Surgeon Shen is an actual medical professional.
• Cowgirl Miss Fortune is just missing a pole. She does not make a convincing cowgirl. High Noon Twisted Fate actually looks like he belongs in the Wild West. Sheriff Caitlyn is wearing hotpants.
• Officer Caitlyn is in many ways the most disappointing. She is in a position of authority. She is the Sheriff of Piltover, but she gets a stripper cop outfit. No officer in real life dresses like Caitlyn. They’d never be taken seriously. She could have been a badass. Real missed opportunity, here. Meanwhile Riot Graves, an outlaw, gets to be the real deal.
• Battle Bunny Riven is a Playboy Bunny. This is the most blatant one of them all. You can’t even pretend that this is anything but a stripper skin. I know it's a fan creation, but that doesn't give it a free pass.
• Prestigious LeBlanc is a Vegas showgirl. Magnificent Twisted Fate is an actual magician.
• French Maid Nidalee is something you’d see in a gentleman’s club.
• Heartseeker Vayne looks a tad goofy and over the top compared to Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate.
• Mistletoe LeBlanc, Candy Cane Miss Fortune, Snow Bunny Nidalee draw a strong contrast to Santa Gragas and Old St. Zilean.
• Sandstorm Katarina is a belly dancer. This one barely scrapes by on what I would count as a stripper skin.
• Red Card Katarina doesn’t dress like any referee I’ve ever seen. Fifa banned players from taking their shirts off.
• Kitty Kat Katarina reminds me of Halle Berry’s Catwoman, and that’s offensive on a whole new level.

These female champion skins should not make anybody offended in anyway possible... because if it does, first of all you should be taking this message to the media and not Riot, second of all these are marketing tactics, third of all this is a GAME not a real life situation. Fourth point, it seems to me that you are being very rude towards some girls out there.

My first point, its very simple none of these skins would be here if the Media doesn't endorse this. Look around you, on the streets, on TV, internet, clothes everything. Everything in the world, or at least in North America is in one way or another controlled/influenced by the media. So if you are going to raise an argument about Riot's skins, and you want it to change bring it up with the media... it is pointless to raise this kind of argument on League.

Second point: lets be honest here, and if you want I have research to back me up on this controversial topic. *** Sells. Thats all there is to it, Riot believe it or not is still a game company that is trying to maximize their profit.
here is a brief article about how companies use *** appeal, and the biological need of humans to reproduce to sell their products.
http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...900032,00.html

look at the clothes you wear. You can't tell me that there is no *** appeal at all in the clothes that you buy and wear... if you can then im sorry thats not clothes you are wearing its probably a plastic bag.

Third point: League of Legends is a game... nothing in this game needs to be realistic, or in anyway identical to an actual uniform in Real life. With your argument saying that
" Officer Caitlyn is in many ways the most disappointing. She is in a position of authority. She is the Sheriff of Piltover, but she gets a stripper cop outfit. No officer in real life dresses like Caitlyn. They’d never be taken seriously. She could have been a badass. Real missed opportunity, here. Meanwhile Riot Graves, an outlaw, gets to be the real deal. " of course nobody wears this in real life OTHER than halloween, but this is the same for the male skins as well people will not be wearing those ridiculous costumes as well. Lets take Taric's armor of the 5th age skin... that thing is ridiculous you will never see any knight or... anybody wear that the closest thing is a pimp... but even then pimps will not be wearing something that ridiculous.

Fourth point: Are you saying there is something wrong with strippers?
lets look at the rating for this game it is T for teens... im assuming correct me if I am wrong. Now lets look at the movies we are watching nowadays... think of a bunch of recent movies that came out that are PG-13... are there any sexual scenes. The answer to that question is Yes. So here is my example for a movie... Paranorman, or even any Disney movie.
paranorman a child's movie has a lot of sexual jokes within it, believe it or not. First of all norman's sister's body has a ridiculous proportion, where she literally has no waist and a huge hips, (which gets grabbed in the movie by the bully kid). Are you going to write a letter to the creators of paranorman saying that nobody in real life has a body like that?
There are more but I don't want to list it, if you want to find it re-watch the movie (I am not saying this movie is a bad movie, its a great movie)

So why are you being so rude towards Riot? when this shouldn't even be an issue or concerned that is raised ONLY at riot. Why are you being rude towards strippers? Are you saying there is something wrong with the way strippers dress? They are human being's too and I believe we should be respect them just as much as any other living being out there. Finally to summarize everything I wrote in a sentence or two.
Stop crying its just a game, if you are going to raise a concern have more factual information to back up your points, because everything you wrote there is basically moot. And the most important point.. Riot isn't going to give a **** as long as they are making money, and not breaking any laws.


Sorry If this post has offended you in anyway, but if you feel offended by this post... my god you lived a sheltered life and may God have mercy on your soul... cause your life is going to be miserable once you leave your protective bubble.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenmar

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðemøns in my hæd View Post
It's only a matter of time before there's 'League of Legends: A XXX Parody'.
Dude Rule 34 and before you type anything else. It already exists in VAST quantities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Dude Rule 34 and before you type anything else. It already exists in VAST quantities.
Let me emphasize this, in case caps weren't enough....

VAST


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias View Post
No the difference is is that these champs look like the role they are designed to play. Pantheon is a Gladiator, they were reknowned for wearing very little and being huge. These champs all fit into their background and skill set. Many of the female champs don't.
Sejuani especially. Has a freaking enormous flail. Doesn't look like she could even swing the thing. DO NOT WANT FAT CHIX RIOT PLZ KTHX wins.

Sej should've been a D3 barb, the end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Sejuani especially. Has a freaking enormous flail. Doesn't look like she could even swing the thing. DO NOT WANT FAT CHIX RIOT PLZ KTHX wins.

Sej should've been a D3 barb, the end.
Hell yes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-09-2012

You guys make it sound like most of the characters are too sexy. How many champs have large breast? How many champs are barely clothed? Not a whole lot. Most are average size. Just recently people complaining about the new MF splash. I think it fits her so damn well being someone named Miss Fortune. All them disgruntle feministas and jellyfishes got nothing better to do but troll.

If you gave all the male champs a pole, they all look like they are working at a themed strip joint so saying stuff like cowgirl miss fortune is missing a pole doesn't prove anything. Nurse akali in real nurse clothing? you mean those plain PJ looking stuff? Hot damn, I want to spend $10 for a plain PJ nurse akali. You can tell that the OP of this thread already has an objectifying viewpoint of what sexy is and consider it being unfitting. Two of the skins I've mentioned aren't even the default skin. Basically they are like cherry on the ice cream. Why complain about pointless stuff?

Most of the girls I've spoke too don't care a whole lot about this matter unless its ridiculous and that they rather play a visually appealing or sexy characters anyway because they take on the character themselves. Take Ashe's Torpedo breast(I miss them sometime) for example, those are crazy. How about we nerf Gragas? How can a 800 pound man move so fast? or even dash a great distance with such finesse? He should be moving at 200 movement speed and get a heart attack every 10 seconds of moving.

The decision to put a skirt on Cait instead of pants is a great. She looks different because not many wear skirts. Skirt stand out more than giving her the traditional dark pants. Plus girls overall have most choices in appearance and look great at the same time. Go put Riot Graves in a skirt or shredded leather pants. He look so out of place. Same option on Cait... she looks good either way but the point is looking the best as possible for the theme. Not once did I get any notion that Riot is sexualizing champs to make a sell.

Hey Riot! Got a problem with A bikini clad Sej from the tundra? Girl got mad resistance against frost. She probably has anti-freeze in her blood or something. There's an idea for you. If you say humans can't have anti freeze... then... how can humans throw ice balls out of thin air or shotting magic bullets at a distance? Yeah, exactly... fantasy is that great.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BmanLi

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
You guys make it sound like most of the characters are too sexy. How many champs have large breast? How many champs are barely clothed? Not a whole lot. Most are average size. Just recently people complaining about the new MF splash. I think it fits her so damn well being someone named Miss Fortune. All them disgruntle feministas and jellyfishes got nothing better to do but troll.

If you gave all the male champs a pole, they all look like they are working at a themed strip joint so saying stuff like cowgirl miss fortune is missing a pole doesn't prove anything. Nurse akali in real nurse clothing? you mean those plain PJ looking stuff? Hot damn, I want to spend $10 for a plain PJ nurse akali. You can tell that the OP of this thread already has an objectifying viewpoint of what sexy is and consider it being unfitting. Two of the skins I've mentioned aren't even the default skin. Basically they are like cherry on the ice cream. Why complain about pointless stuff?

Most of the girls I've spoke too don't care a whole lot about this matter unless its ridiculous and that they rather play a visually appealing or sexy characters anyway because they take on the character themselves. Take Ashe's Torpedo breast(I miss them sometime) for example, those are crazy. How about we nerf Gragas? How can a 800 pound man move so fast? or even dash a great distance with such finesse? He should be moving at 200 movement speed and get a heart attack every 10 seconds of moving.

The decision to put a skirt on Cait instead of pants is a great. She looks different because not many wear skirts. Skirt stand out more than giving her the traditional dark pants. Plus girls overall have most choices in appearance and look great at the same time. Go put Riot Graves in a skirt or shredded leather pants. He look so out of place. Same option on Cait... she looks good either way but the point is looking the best as possible for the theme. Not once did I get any notion that Riot is sexualizing champs to make a sell.

Hey Riot! Got a problem with A bikini clad Sej from the tundra? Girl got mad resistance against frost. She probably has anti-freeze in her blood or something. There's an idea for you. If you say humans can't have anti freeze... then... how can humans throw ice balls out of thin air or shotting magic bullets at a distance? Yeah, exactly... fantasy is that great.
There is a chance the person is jealous of girls with large breasts


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmanLi View Post
There is a chance the person is jealous of girls with large breasts
Hey.. I can see where they coming from but just because im jelly of barb sion eye gouging chest, I'm not screaming for their visual nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BmanLi

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
Hey.. I can see where they coming from but just because im jelly of barb sion eye gouging chest, I'm not screaming for their visual nerf.
Thats true I am jealous of pantheon's rock hard abs, but you know what instead of complaining I am actually working towards it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
im jelly of barb sion eye gouging chest
This made my day.