Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvtSkittles

10-09-2012

Reworks I think are needed and what specifically needs to be targeted:

Master Yi (Big feet syndrome)

Nidalee (complete makeover)

Nunu ("clown feet" look and animation)

Alistar (just needs a higher res model update, add "Fuzziness" to the golden skin like it looks in the splash)

Tristana (Higher res update)

Sivir (big feet syndrome)

Chogath (animation update, maybe higher res update)

amumu (more like mummy, less like trashcan)

Zilean (his beard looks like Jannas old hair)

Karimar

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Taric also needs a rework. Give him hammer lessons from Jayce! Also, he needs hair that flows in the wind. He could be the Fabio of LoL.
As a frequent Taric player, I support this statement

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Why did you decide to change Lux so drastically?

Before, she looked like a teenage girl. Now she's a woman. I honestly don't get it.

Softspoken

10-09-2012

If you ever get the chance to rework Morgana's appearance (It's not really needed I'll admit but just in case) can you make it so her top matches her skirt? She has this leathery multilayer skirt with giant metal bolts in it that looks like it weighs 30 pounds or something... And a napkin for a top.

For clarity I'm asking for heavier top-wear, not for a handkerchief bottom.

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
This idea is awesome, like demacian and noxian UI , then piltovian, and zaunite, or something like these, those could be sold like skins of course
the idea i had is something along that way, but even more customazible and more important...free

it would be similar to wow add-ons, where anyone with the skills to create them, could create them, advertise them and enjoy the popularity

some of the most creative add-ons i've see were add-ons that would react to music.

some add-ons could react to buffs, or charges (imagine a add-on that would the screen red when tryn fills his ragebar),

imagine if you can, a ui that would evolve has you gain levels, like pfe

the only limit is the creator's skill and imagination

The Roman Empire

10-09-2012

How come you guys so rarely update the art for skill icons? Several champions have icons that either isn't consistent with their character or just flat out awful. Twitch got a whole set of new icons with his remake while champions like Warwick still have hideous icon art. Cho, Rammus, and Sion also have crappy looking icons, and that's just off the top of my head. Mundo is probably the worst offender.

I realize its not top priority but it also doesn't seem like its a particularly large amount of work to do. The difference between looking at the sets of newer, thematically consistent champions and the original 40 is like comparing Rembrandt with a finger painting

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Sir Adam "Butterfly" Murguia, I would like to ask a few questions =D

I would like to know if you guys do 3 views or 5 views model packs (front-3/4-side or front-3/4-side-3/4back-back), face studies, tools and accessories turnarounds, etc.
I'm curious on the artwork side if we'll ever get lucky enough to see more production sketches. See the roots of a character and how they evolved through the process. I know I would love that.
Any art books in the future maybe? = D

Is there any full cast character chart comparing every champion with their respective size?

I'd like to know, if this is information you can speak of, how much time will elapse between the final turnaround/model pack and the splash art? Is the splash art more based on the 3D models or the 2D drawings? Or both? I remember some splash artists use the 3D model to start the final splash pose.

Do you folks prefer drawing sketches on paper or on cintiqs/tablets?

What do you think about going even deeper in the 2D animation for splash arts and make them move more in the loading screens? (as a matter of fact, how much time passes between the final splash art and the release of said art to the public?)

I probably have many more questions, but we'll start with that and it is getting a tad late on my side.

You guys are amazing, keep up the good work <3

Thank you for your time : )

Aiyuu

10-09-2012

We can has adorable caster minion icons nao plz???

; A ;

Pleeeeeeeaaaaazzzzzzz????

Q A Q

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
18 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacus View Post
I don't have an art question, but I do have a question.

Is there a RiotNenya and RiotVilya to go along with you? (PS - Narya = best ring)
I love that you know Narya is a ring...)

Ruinating End

10-09-2012

Will Nasus get a new splash soon? His seems out dated.