Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baal the one

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

who is the source of the new Lux and Morgana splash art? I realize that someone put a lot of time and effort in to them, but they are simply not as good as the old ones

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
16 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the hand View Post
I like the chinese art and all, but it's really inconsistent with all the other art in the game, it's really distracting and just doesn't feel right, are you guys going to keep a mix of art or are you going to move in one direction or the other?
We've spent the last few months creating a style guide with the team. The style guide was created to help make the artwork more consistent. We put the Chinese art up where we thought it was a significant improvement (this is subjective), but are reworking much of the art according to what we think best represents League in terms of quality and consistency.

By the way, I have this huge desire to finish each reply with "Rock on"...but I am exercising restraint.

Joystick

10-09-2012

For Nidalee I'd very much like to know if you're simply updating JUST her artwork or doing artwork, ability reworks, bug fixes, better pathing???

I just GOTS to know!

Gryphios

10-09-2012

A lot of ability icons look really outdated now, and many are used multiple times (Teemo's Noxious Trap icon being used for Ashe's extra gold passive being one of many such examples). Is there any effort currently being put into updating ability and item icons?

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
17 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
It would be beyond amazing if you guys would make new summoner icons in such an amazing quality as the recent champion splash screens (*^▽^*)
Heard.

Sabsy

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yeah, I'll address that one for sure. My fault. When I first got to Riot I picked a few champions to have the team play with. It wasn't really based on the priority of most needed. Morgana, Miss Fortune and Tryndamere were among the first we did.
So you are saying you are to blame for the horrible morgana splash art we have to put up with now?
Plz revert that change....

Dark Wulfy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

When the stealth rework was released, they said they thought about delaying it until the art reworks for eve and twitch were ready. Since they decided against it, I've been wondering, when will the stealth art rework be ready?

Is that still a thing?

Dark Technique

10-09-2012

So how do you guys decide when to make a skin for a champ? Is it just at random? And will there be perhaps a future talon skin...... ?

Zerglinator

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulzara View Post
Make the thread, gogogogo.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2661430

Consider your thread MADE, RiotNarya!

Raideros

10-09-2012

Is your chest like Miss fortune's or Morgana's?
Wait, he's a dude? I thought I was effectively complaining about sexualization with style
J/k welcome