Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulzara View Post
Make the thread, gogogogo.
Need a good list of ANY and ALL champions in need of visual overhauls to make a proper poll.

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
14 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiLinna View Post
What about Nidalee? Dem feet...
Sing it my friend...gotcha covered.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-09-2012
15 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulzara View Post
A man who uses Monarch Kog'maw as his icon?

I think I just found out I'm gay.
He once left his computer unlocked. His computer then.. mysteriously.. sent out an art department email asking for him to be referred to as Adam "Butterfly" Murguia.

Hilarity ensued.

Needless to say he's a good sport about it =)

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

10-09-2012

hi there

any chance to implement some custom UI into the game, like UI add-ons, or is it simply something you guys aren't exploiting?

i would personally love to do something to my UI, like what they did to warcraft 3 when playing different races (bones for undeads, plates and shields for humans, wood and leaves for night elves)

http://s.cdn.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw8589.gif
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-netbaDuqsP...craft+III1.jpg

here are some samples to better understand what im talking about

i would personally love to play with a custom UI for each of my champions, and since it was a add-on, that was stored on our pc's, it wouldn't pressure the servers to much

Scimatth7

10-09-2012

How much planning goes into the champion select square art placement?

It seems like such a simple thing, yet so many champs are horribly off center/zoomed in too far.

portugalslegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Any update on the harrowing map/skins

Bad Morde Bot

10-09-2012

Can you guys PLEASE change the splash for Sorceress Lux, or at least use the Chinese one?

Xoripan

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafodalho View Post
hi there

any chance to implement some custom UI into the game, like UI add-ons, or is it simply something you guys aren't exploiting?

i would personally love to do something to my UI, like what they did to warcraft 3 when playing different races (bones for undeads, plates and shields for humans, wood and leaves for night elves)

http://s.cdn.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw8589.gif
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-netbaDuqsP...craft+III1.jpg

here are some samples to better understand what im talking about

i would personally love to play with a custom UI for each of my champions, and since it was a add-on, that was stored on our pc's, it wouldn't pressure the servers to much
This idea is awesome, like demacian and noxian UI , then piltovian, and zaunite, or something like these, those could be sold like skins of course

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

One of the biggest things that bugs me about the current UI is how the unit frames for team members as well as your target are really out of the way on larger resolution screens. Increasing the UI scale is not a good idea for me, because the bottom portion is already WAY TOO BIG as it is. While I don't normally use the unit frames, there are times that I do (i.e., Taric or Soraka heals, Karma/Janna/Lulu/Morgana shields, Kayle ult, etc.) during a team fight so I don't get the wrong target. Are there any plans to address useability for larger resolutions with these unit frames? Perhaps, make an option so these are moveable?

Also, for your teammates only, is there a possibility of changing up the icons and such similar to what we see in spectator mode, so we can see if teammates' ultimates/summoner spells are on cooldown and/or for how long? This would go a long way toward improving teamwork in solo queue settings because sometimes typing "is your ult/ignite/exhaust/etc. up?" can get you killed or otherwise prevent a play from being made.

Blizzaja

10-09-2012

Hello Art Team!

I was just wondering if there would be any updates to Irelias artwork in the coming months. I believe she's one of the few possibly in need of a touch up. Looking back at her storyline and her judgment, the current Irelia artwork almost makes her look relatively happy despite that it would normally be generalized that she looks apathetic or maybe even gloomy due to all that has occured.

Also with her hair situation... Her artwork (NA and Chinese) both depict her with black hair, yet there's a bluish tint in game. What is her hair color supposed to be?