Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laffarater

10-09-2012

Any details on Barn yet? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=barn

p.s.Why does Lux look so similar to this? Please fix.

notFREEfood

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiLinna View Post
What about Nidalee? Dem feet...
This

The sad thing is that those feet are not on some of her skins...both Pharaoh Nid and Bewitching Nid have normal sized feet

innervation

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yes! Us too. We recently went through a period where we felt the splashes were all action packed combat poses. This is great, but we also want to dig a little deeper into who these champs are and what they are about. The creative design team creates quite a backstory for the champs and we want to express more of that in the art. Take a look at some of the upcoming splashes and let us know what you think!
I think kha'zix does this pretty well. The first thing that came to mind when you said this is Varus. I guess his is one of the few back stories I read, but It would be pretty cool to see him walking away from the temple thingy looking sad but determined. =o

Are you guys keeping up on that other thread about who summoners want to see as the next art retouch? If so have you made a decision? What goes into those decisions: splash art, skins that might need redone, other things?

Leorite

10-09-2012

Can a BEAUTIFUL Artist draw/craft a Black Swan Skin? Just want to see anything close to how this would look Btw Riot has the best Artist's ever <3

gsai

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yes! Us too. We recently went through a period where we felt the splashes were all action packed combat poses. This is great, but we also want to dig a little deeper into who these champs are and what they are about. The creative design team creates quite a backstory for the champs and we want to express more of that in the art. Take a look at some of the upcoming splashes and let us know what you think!
Thanks, I will. I'm glad, it sounds like you heading in the right direction.

Fayori

10-09-2012

Will Ashe's artwork ever have bow-hand consistency? =P Her model holds it in her right hand, as well as her Queen, Amethyst, Chinese Freljord, Chinese Sherwood Forest, and Chinese Woad splashes. The rest show it in her left hand.

It is quite the conundrum when trying to figure out what to do for cosplaying her! >.>

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
7 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoclyptica View Post
How do you personally feel (not as an employee of riot) to some of the most recent art changes that have not been accepted well by the community.
Mainly the Dark Valkyrie Diana change. Also if you cannot answer your personal feeling for this change as it breaks some riot rules. What do you think of community's uproar over the change?

I know this question wont get answered but hey, maybe ill get lucky.
Well, I'm personally connected to this one. I helped make that call. If there was any chance that one skin was going to look like another or that the in-game model could be confused with another champ, we wanted to lean on the side of differentiation and make them as unique as possible. Gameplay is really critical to us and we felt this decision helped make the overall experience better. It was hotly debated...)

Saint Mudknot

10-09-2012

I would like to see more mythical creatures, the Rengar and Kha'Zix Alien vs Predator thing was really cool, but id like to see things rarely touched before. The Jersey Devil is a creature in American culture a lot of people dont think about to often for instance. Maybe a Succubus character?
Also it would be nice to see some dark skinned human characters, it would put a long end to unneeded aggression from people on both sides of this argument. And im sure the creative team could do real well on design to.

jimmy the hand

10-09-2012

I like the chinese art and all, but it's really inconsistent with all the other art in the game, it's really distracting and just doesn't feel right, are you guys going to keep a mix of art or are you going to move in one direction or the other?

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Is Shyvana going to be getting a Commando skin soon? We need our Demacian dragon to have sunglasses! (We also need her to scream "DEMACIAAAA" when she transforms, but that's not this department...)

Is Resistance Caitlyn going to be getting an American version? I've noticed that a lot of the champs whose pictures were switched to Chinese art wound up getting their own new splashes (Ashe being a prime example), and I'm just not that big a fan of Resistance Caitlyn--is there a plan to work her into something that might be fighting in the resistance against the Battlecast monsters?

And finally...is there any chance of having Dark Valkyrie Diana's skin returned to its original state, or at least be given a helmet? Syndra is aging a little, and there wasn't that much of a similarity between the two, especially with the in-game models. And she's just not a Valkyrie without a winged helmet.