Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I previously announced we’d be conducting a new best of 3 between Team WE and CLG.eu. However, given new feedback and considerations, as well as conversations with both teams, we’ve reversed that decision. WE and CLG will be concluding the one remaining game of their best of 3 match on Wednesday.

The winner of this quarterfinal will have to face intense competition in the Semifinal match that same day, and given the late start time necessitated by event preparations, a new best of three could result in some very late games. We’re concerned about fatigue and a poor experience for all teams and players involved. Additionally, the two games on the scoreboard in the existing best of 3 completed without incident, so we believe they should stand.

Both teams are informed of the new decision and are practicing accordingly. We know some of you were looking forward to a new best of 3, but I hope you’ll understand why Riot has chosen to resume the existing match.
Thanks. I just hope I get to see amumu frost play... their games will probably be on pretty late.

kevin13dante

10-09-2012

I'm just laying out my opinions; not expecting any feedback even, let alone anything to be done because of my thoughts.

1. We should all just admit that WE was about to loose game 3 and were even falling behind in game 4; they should, out of respect for the game and CLG, yield that. They should NOT accept the extra chance because there's some extra money on the line; it's disgusting and serves only to justify that they care more about the money than having good sportsmanship.

2. AZF and TSM have a much more delicate situation. I won't take sides on the matter, but I will say the evidence from both sides brings enough of questions that another game COULD be suggested; if AZF shut out TSM two games in a row, they shouldn't have that much of an issue reaffirming that it was them playing by skill and nothing but.

Anyone upset, just log off and go cry to your parents that someone has differing opinions that you.

KT Samurai

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin13dante View Post
1. We should all just admit that WE was about to loose game 3 and were even falling behind in game 4; they should, out of respect for the game and CLG, yield that. They should NOT accept the extra chance because there's some extra money on the line; it's disgusting and serves only to justify that they care more about the money than having good sportsmanship.
It's impossible to know if they were about to lose or not. The situation did indeed seem dire for them but turnarounds do happen - that's what makes playoffs and games in general so exciting!

Would you yield if you were in that situation? I sure as hell wouldn't, I wouldn't yield until they knocked the Nexus over.

kevin13dante

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
It's impossible to know if they were about to lose or not. The situation did indeed seem dire for them but turnarounds do happen - that's what makes playoffs and games in general so exciting!

Would you yield if you were in that situation? I sure as hell wouldn't, I wouldn't yield until they knocked the Nexus over.
Considering HOW dire the situation was, and that they already were beginning to fall slowly behind in the match following, yes, I would assume that the likelihood of them making a come back was about as likely as being attacked by a shark; sure it's possible, but we need to be realistic.

And yes, I would yield; I respect my opponents enough to admit defeat rather than claim the 'I still have a chance, regardless of the fact it was slimmer than a female in Hollywood'. Remember that whole 'humble in victory and graceful in defeat' thing?

MCHOMNRNDSVG

10-09-2012

So Riot is just not responding to the cheating allegations against AZF and moving forward with their schedule?

What a joke, trying to sweep it under the rug because they're pressed for time.

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin13dante View Post
Considering HOW dire the situation was, and that they already were beginning to fall slowly behind in the match following, yes, I would assume that the likelihood of them making a come back was about as likely as being attacked by a shark; sure it's possible, but we need to be realistic.

And yes, I would yield; I respect my opponents enough to admit defeat rather than claim the 'I still have a chance, regardless of the fact it was slimmer than a female in Hollywood'. Remember that whole 'humble in victory and graceful in defeat' thing?
Ok, by your logic of the situation, why doesn't CLG.eu forfeit the second match, '"in respect of the game"

You only say whats convenient. But the fact of the matter is, WE was winning game 2... they also allowed CLG.eu to repick their champs.. Whilst CLG.eu did NOT allow WE to repick their champs. So.... lets just give the whole set to WE.

btw, I'm a CLG.eu fan.. <3 Froggen. So don't say I'm a WE supporter - I'm just stating the facts, because NA/EU players seem to forget that their teams were also granted a second chance, etc.. etc..

kiploca

10-09-2012

lol its funny how all these tsm fanboys are demanding a rematch...rematch or not azubu frost owned tsm whether you guys like it or not...get over it lol if they do a rematch azubu forst will still win...so go cry somewhere else XD

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
Thanks. I just hope I get to see amumu frost play... their games will probably be on pretty late.
Amumu frost #1

TheFourthNut

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedMasamune View Post
Hey, could someone please tell me what time it is in America so I know what time the matches will be starting in my timeline?
Where do you live in america?

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I previously announced we’d be conducting a new best of 3 between Team WE and CLG.eu. However, given new feedback and considerations, as well as conversations with both teams, we’ve reversed that decision. WE and CLG will be concluding the one remaining game of their best of 3 match on Wednesday.

The winner of this quarterfinal will have to face intense competition in the Semifinal match that same day, and given the late start time necessitated by event preparations, a new best of three could result in some very late games. We’re concerned about fatigue and a poor experience for all teams and players involved. Additionally, the two games on the scoreboard in the existing best of 3 completed without incident, so we believe they should stand.

Both teams are informed of the new decision and are practicing accordingly. We know some of you were looking forward to a new best of 3, but I hope you’ll understand why Riot has chosen to resume the existing match.
I think giving them each 1 win and playing out the final game is a very fair decision and was actually quite surprised that the entire Bo3 had been reset when i first heard that news as i assumed that they would just conclude game 3. Got my fingers crossed that this final match can be played without difficulty