Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedali

10-09-2012

I was hoping you'd wait a month at least before releasing statistics so the newness had some time to wear off. It's not really surprising that the results seem so miraculous when they're taken from the first week of release.

Winterstride

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedali View Post
I was hoping you'd wait a month at least before releasing statistics so the newness had some time to wear off. It's not really surprising that the results seem so miraculous when they're taken from the first week of release.
I didn't read his opening post as reporting a miracle, he seemed more cautiously optimistic.

NewK1nd

10-09-2012

I know that its working because I find my self less angry the more that pop up tells me I have received honor. Simple Reinforcement.

Dreggon

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You definitely are on the right track with your insights. 2-Alternative-Forced-Choice, or in this case, 3-Alternative-Forced-Choice (3AFC) designs provide some insight into the decision making processes of our players.

Given certain rates of positive behaviors, which ones do players 'value' more? How much do players value Teamwork versus Friendly? Given a player that shows equal Friendliness and Teamwork, what does a player choose to Honor him with? What percentage split is the population for this decision? How do these value exchanges correlate with actual metrics in the game such as game outcomes, or report metrics? There's a lot of fun analyses we can now run because we went with a 3AFC design instead of just allowing players to select multiple Honors per player.
I've gotten fairly even reports of Friendly/Teamwork despite not changing my behaviour (except that one time I played Trundle and people reported me when I said I was trolling ). Helpful is hard because to help somebody to the degree that they honor you with Helpful, they have to be pretty terrible at the game at level 30 to need that help - and if it's more general help, you'll get pinged for Teamwork instead.

My method of 'farming' honor is to pick Xin, then spend the entire game quoting Mulan. It works out pretty well - people laugh and give me honor, and I'm listening to Mulan so I get plenty of kills.

Baguvix

10-09-2012

i Know people is going to hate me because this is LoL community but this is just a copy of the commending system in Dota 2. to state clear, i play both games but this is a copy from it

ardulus25

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Might as well post it and have us all discuss it here?
In short, modifying the current elo system to give bonus or mitigate lost elo based on contribution as a percentage of the whole teams performance via co-efficients applied to metrics tuned per class. I believe that if the metrics are tuned properly to incentivize positive game play patterns and avoid abusability that the modified system could serve to significantly alleviate frustration and subsequently toxicity.

I have roughly 10 pages defining purpose, champion roles and tags, measurable metrics based on roles and tags, individual cobtribution as a percentage of the whole teams, abuse cases, data, and hypothetical values.

Zanthz

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte,

I really do like this honor system and I believe it will help a lot.

I have two questions,

-is the worst you will get punished is having your honor reset for "not obeying the rules"?

-Also do you have a plan to have a rewards system for Riot points/skins/logo's or something for enough accumulated honor?

Daen

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguvix View Post
i Know people is going to hate me because this is LoL community but this is just a copy of the commending system in Dota 2. to state clear, i play both games but this is a copy from it
Halo and Crysis both have aliens, they must be copying each other.

If the system works, why not implement it regardless of whether it's been done before?

Long story short, no one actually cares. <3

Chiddaling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I like the system

Yohan Leafheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Hey, what's up Doc Lyte,

Not sure if you saw my early question, do you guys have a break down of the reports\honor by hour? And if so, are there any statistics that you could share? Like, what is the most "toxic" hour to play?