Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seen It All

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willfull View Post
Hello good sir,
We recently have been trying to get gold for quite some time. But there's one problem, we get to that 1427 rating and lose the last game to get 1450. And then we rage and can never get Gold. Our usual comp is mostly an AD carry top (Sion), and then an AD bruiser (Darius) + AP carry bot (Morde). The dmg is really great but it's not getting us the potential to win games. Have any suggestions? We were going to try using a jungler (Nunu,Amumu,Shyv) but we are underexperienced with 3s Jungling. Thanks for your time.
theres your problem. sion and morde are useless in 3v3 comp in the current meta, play champions that have more consistant aoe damage , and darius gets banned everygame past gold rating so abuse him @!!!!!

Red Necros

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xWinterr View Post
theres your problem. sion and morde are useless in 3v3 comp in the current meta, play champions that have more consistant aoe damage , and darius gets banned everygame past gold rating so abuse him @!!!!!
That's great and all but could you list some viable champs to play instead? For ap i recently bought Diana, and I know Annie, Cass. But what about AD wise

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenTempest View Post
How do I build khazix? Sam says he is god tier and I can see why. I just picked him up so still reletively new to him. Any tips?
I wouldn't say he's god tier, I actually think Rengar is a little stronger.

However, Kha'Zix is very strong and very fun to play.

I generally build him

Boots + 3
Wriggle's Latern / Dorans x 2
Dorans x 2 / Wriggle's Latern
Boots lvl 2 (Merc or Ninja)
Brutalizer
Phage
Sheen
Tri-Force
GA

Eryn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
How do you build Diana? I typically start

Boots3
Dorans Ringsx2

then I am torn. On one hand I like how easy it is to buy Abyssal scepter, Blasting rod is only 860g and it provides an early boost to damage. Negatron cloak is lovely for when they have mean AP.
The problem is that I can REALLY tell the difference from when I rush hourglass. I feel much stronger and more safe.
My problem though, is that I feel that waiting for 1600g in a slow game when I am not raking in kills just puts me so far behind that I am not helping my team.

I am running 21/0/9 and full offense runes.
Will my lack of defensive setup hurt me when I start playing against better people or should Diana pretty much be straight up nuke?
Generally, get hourglass when they are AD heavy, and Abyssal Scepter when they are AP heavy.

If you don't want to buy them straight up ain't nothing wrong with rushing Rabadon's cap when you have that great shield to give you survivability.

You can also upgrade your boots to Sorc Shoes if you are uncertain what to buy, and even get a GP10 like HoG.

Eryn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathnar View Post
Me and a couple friends just started doing 3v3 team games yesterday we started off 2-1.
Our comp was
Zyra, Darius, Udyr - Win
Zyra, Rengar, Jax - Win
Zyra, Darius, Udyr - Loss (Top lane fed rengar)
One what do you think of these comps, and two any suggestions for improvement.
We want to be a very good team and we are trying to figure out the meta to be one.
Darius, Zyra, and Jax are incredibly strong.

Udyr is kind of weak nowadays with how easy it is to kite him.

I'd replace Udyr with Shyvana, Jarvan, or Riven.

Eryn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willfull View Post
Hello good sir,
We recently have been trying to get gold for quite some time. But there's one problem, we get to that 1427 rating and lose the last game to get 1450. And then we rage and can never get Gold. Our usual comp is mostly an AD carry top (Sion), and then an AD bruiser (Darius) + AP carry bot (Morde). The dmg is really great but it's not getting us the potential to win games. Have any suggestions? We were going to try using a jungler (Nunu,Amumu,Shyv) but we are underexperienced with 3s Jungling. Thanks for your time.
I don't think Sion is extremely good in 3v3. Ofcourse if he is fed he is great, but anyone fed is great. Sion is kited way to easily, and when kited he literally adds almost nothing to the teamfight.

Darius is great, Mordekaiser is good.

I'd try and put more CC into your comp to win team fights, otherwise getting those last points will be frustrating.

Howbout Darius top, Morgana and AD Sion bottom?
Or, Darius top, Nunu and Cho'Gath bottom?
Or, Ezreal top, Nunu and Cassiopia bottom?
Or, Cassiopeia top, Tryndamere and Annie bottom?

Just ideas.

ChampStat

10-09-2012

Hallo ye expert players! I've been trying to have a roster of champions who can fill most teamcomps. I own Garen(for when my team needs beefy+physical damage), Olaf(for the same purposes-my next step up from Garen), Lux(mage+utility), and Nautilus(tank+magic damage+utility). I'm currently at 4500 IP and rising, and wondering who I should buy next. My thoughts were maybe someone with physical damage and utility(Alistar, Leona, Urgot if he wasn't weak), or a new mage because I hear negative things about Lux. Any suggestions are appreciated!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I would like my new champion to have cc/utility to add to a team. At the moment, if my two teammates lock their favorite AD carries or bruisers(75% of the time), I have to choose Nautilus to offer cc/utlilty/initiation. Perhaps a tank who does primarily physical damage?

JannappleExpress

10-10-2012

Thots on Nunu/Vayne top, bruiser(garen/malph/cho/GP) bottom?

Eryn

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Hallo ye expert players! I've been trying to have a roster of champions who can fill most teamcomps. I own Garen(for when my team needs beefy+physical damage), Olaf(for the same purposes-my next step up from Garen), Lux(mage+utility), and Nautilus(tank+magic damage+utility). I'm currently at 4500 IP and rising, and wondering who I should buy next. My thoughts were maybe someone with physical damage and utility(Alistar, Leona, Urgot if he wasn't weak), or a new mage because I hear negative things about Lux. Any suggestions are appreciated!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I would like my new champion to have cc/utility to add to a team. At the moment, if my two teammates lock their favorite AD carries or bruisers(75% of the time), I have to choose Nautilus to offer cc/utlilty/initiation. Perhaps a tank who does primarily physical damage?
I would purchase one of the following:

Malphite (In replace of Nautilus): Incredibly tanky, great burst, amazing CC. Adds a lot to a teamfight.

Morgana (In replace of Lux): Lux aint bad, but Morgana does most everything better, and the CC she adds to a teamfight, as well as the black shield she can give your initiator, is phenomenal.

Eryn

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handofsword View Post
Thots on Nunu/Vayne top, bruiser(garen/malph/cho/GP) bottom?
Nunu + Vayne top is extremely potent, Nunu is great at supporting an AD carry on TT, and also denying the enemy laner. However, Vayne is extremely susceptible to ganks. I would replace Vayne with Corki, Ezreal, or Tristana. All of which have built in flashes and strong abilities to kite.

As a bot lane, Gangplank can handle a 1v2 lane extremely well by using his Q to farm and staying on the edge of the XP range. Malphite will add great tankiness and CC to a team fight, and Cho'Gath is pretty OP in general. However, I don't think Garen would perform well in a 1v2 lane, as he has no way to ranged farm.