Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

I have an account that has been banned like 5 times, so in order for me to get any of those rewards id have to improve my game and collect 2,500 or 5,000 honor. IMO if someone has collected 5,000 honor that should prove they corrected their bad playstyle and deserve something out of it.

Slashiroth

10-09-2012

LYTE, I love the honor system, BUT WHY CAN'T WE NOTICE THE OPPONENT CREST? It seems really weird that I cannot notice a crest I have but the enemy is constantly asking me how I got it. Sorry for caps but it's been saddening me that the only crest I have doersnt appear for me

BAN Goku

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Allowing players to provide comments in their Honor gives is something we considered early in development; however, the chance that troll players would use this as a new tool to send verbal abuse or harassment to others was too high so we opted out of this feature for now.

We may re-visit it in the future, but we'd have to first solve the abuse cases.
how about allowing only honorable players to provide comments about honorable actions and whatnot, would be a nice idea IMO

Awwufelloff

10-09-2012

System is pure genious TBH. Once riot starts rewarding honor with a special symbols/icons/ranks/skins we will virtually see the amount of people raging/swearing/feeding/etc... drop to almost nothing. Riot sure does know what they are doing, not please give us some decent skin/champ sales!!! =)

VnA Prodigy

10-09-2012

Dear Dr. Lyte,

I saw that you mentioned you guys contacted statisticians and people with PhDs. Did any of these people happen to have degrees in psychology? As someone who is looking into possible careers in psychology, it would be really fascinating to me if you guys did work with any such people and could talk more about those things.

Sincerely,
A Curious College Student

SensenmanN

10-09-2012

I'm just wondering about the second point mentioned, giving honor to a friend. I frequently play with friends (not a fan of solo play), and so I regularly honor my friends (not always, but when I remember). I do however give them honor for appropriate things, depending on the person. Some are good team players (my jungler friend) and some are just chatty and friendly. I don't bull**** the reports, or ask for them to honor me, I just think about honoring them more because they are friends. I'm just wondering if this is going to get me in trouble, or if it will just end up in the category of less valuable because I frequently honor them.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Letís not only make a difference in League of Legends, letís make a difference in online gaming.
I love you guys.

Sakuya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkillableGG View Post
Anychance part of the system could include, after a realy good report by honoring, any ban marks against your account could be droped? Such as after every 500 or 1,000 honor one banned marked against your account gets droped so that when riot provides rewards for good behavior for noone being banned those people can get the reward ?
I honestly wouldn't mind keeping it. Sometimes it can feel like an embarrassing mark on your reputation, but when people see that mark it's always the people who have truly changed who look back on it and realize how much better of a person they are now.

Having ban marks on your account also encourages you to be more careful about your behavior now and forever, lest you want to risk being permabanned. People who don't learn will be permabanned, and the ability to remove that permaban risk doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Mase Yevon

10-09-2012

Quote:
Forcing players to choose only 1 Honor category was an intentional choice we made to analyze some of the behavioral responses to Honor. In the sciences, this is known as an "Alternative Forced Choice" paradigm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-alt..._forced_choice]

Although the Honor 'design' isn't exactly the same as a traditional 2AFC experiment, there are some similarities. Feel free to take a guess about why we chose this method
Lyte can you elaborate on that paradigm. I read the article and would enjoy some debriefing on it.

Gunnysack Man

10-09-2012

I love this new system Keep it up Riot, you guys rock!