Expensive champs.... NOT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PacoTferret

09-20-2010

That's because people don't understand the diffrence in opinions.. Riot thinks a champion is this way.. While people insist its this way..

They are the ones who made the champ so its their impression of what the champ can do that matters not ours..

DarkNecrid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

I completely agree with the OP.

Riot, please make every hero cost 1 million, 3 million, 5 million, and for all new heroes coming out, 5 billion IP. After all, IP is free, so who cares.

Aerolicious

09-20-2010

love some idiotic posts (thanks for stupidity fort).

I get what orignal poster is saying, it is semi annoying that people complain so much about the grind. But that's what alot of games are. grinding. and to be honest, if you want a new champ and don't want to have to grind out all the IP. the 3 day IP boost is pretty cheap, or just pay the 5-10$ and go buy that champ. I'm semi happy that some champs have 6300 IP, forces most people to play enough to semi learn the game.

Understandable that new commers are going to play. and suck. and probably make it to 30 and still suck. but hey atleast they have to take the time to learn between a selected few characters or spot some cash and grab a few more and learn those too. If every character was unlockable so easily... we'd prob have 10x more newbs and even more hell in low-medium elo / normal games (it's pretty bad as is) . just a thought. sorry if what I typed makes almost 0 sense, construction from 7am till now (11am) is sucking ass.

Cadfan

09-20-2010

IP costs have to be higher than you really want to pay in order to convince you to spend actual money. If IP were at an equilibrium point where you received enough IP to buy everything you wanted just before you started feeling impatient with the wait, that would hurt their profits.

Oxzy

09-20-2010

IP costs time and Time is money :/

MeanNoob

09-20-2010

Maybe because they want you to buy RP to buy champs and IP boosts, so they can continue to work on the game, yet have enough money to eat,sleep and then work on the game some more.

But that logic is probably crazy. We all know the Riot staff are demons who never sleep and cannibalize at night.

DarkNecrid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolicious View Post
love some idiotic posts (thanks for stupidity fort).

I get what orignal poster is saying, it is semi annoying that people complain so much about the grind. But that's what alot of games are. grinding. and to be honest, if you want a new champ and don't want to have to grind out all the IP. the 3 day IP boost is pretty cheap, or just pay the 5-10$ and go buy that champ. I'm semi happy that some champs have 6300 IP, forces most people to play enough to semi learn the game.

Understandable that new commers are going to play. and suck. and probably make it to 30 and still suck. but hey atleast they have to take the time to learn between a selected few characters or spot some cash and grab a few more and learn those too. If every character was unlockable so easily... we'd prob have 10x more newbs and even more hell in low-medium elo / normal games (it's pretty bad as is) . just a thought. sorry if what I typed makes almost 0 sense, construction from 7am till now (11am) is sucking ass.
It is stupidity, but that's also the OP's logic at work. It can logically be extended to any amount of IP, and that's dumb, this same poster would defend those IP values because logically IP are "free" so it's OK, stop complaining, buy RP or else.

Punnett

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobel View Post
Because Riot isn't following their own proposed pricing scheme.
what was their oringal proposed pricing scheme?

Mylon

09-20-2010

A game nets roughly 90 IP per, averaging 0.50 W:L and discounting first win of the day bonus. That means a 6300 champ takes 70 games to unlock. At an average of 1 game every say, 45 minutes, that's 52.5 hours of gameplay. To unlock one champ.

I haven't done the math before, but after having looking at the numbers like this, HoN seems to have a much better pricing model. Keep dumping money into LoL to be up to date with all of the newest (and OP) champs, or buy HoN once and not worry about it all.

Sure, IP is "free", but at 52 hours of playing, that's a huge timesink.