I went from 1300 to 1500 in a week after picking up AP Eve AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M2tM

10-09-2012

Ap Cho Mid.

TyroneChanSenpai

10-09-2012

she's pretty OP right now lol...
yes she's counterable, but she beats most AP mids and has good roam
she is a pubstomper in solo queue currently

Levgre

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Starling View Post
It's such a complete turnaround from everything I thought I knew about this game.

Winning lane, last hitting, none of that matters. I hate the last-hitting mechanic and how important it (supposedly) is, and I tried hard to improve, and it's just completely pointless. When I'm eve I don't have to give any thought to last hitting, or defending my tower, or even playing safely.
Well obviously you don't know too much about the game. You don't primarily win games from last hitting and winning lanes. They are SUPER important, yes. But the primary way you succeed as a mid is by ganking top and bottom, and securing objectives like dragon. Eve just makes doing such a lot easier, but you should be doing it with any mid champ.

fretfulally

10-09-2012

Enjoy free elo, but if you arent legitmately good enough for 1500 enjoy the fall when she gets nerfed

Bigricky

10-09-2012

AP Eve is completely ridiculous atm. I can remember a game recently. At champ select, the opponent locks in eve. Teammate claims that it's probably the same eve from last game who steamrolled his team. It is. He notes that this eve always counterjungles red. I'm jungling and we ward for eve. Sure enough here she comes. We kill her at my red.

Guess what proceeds to happen. We gank eve 4 times early game successfully. Eve is behind in cs. Eve is behind in everything. It doesn't matter once she gets her DFG.

Eve gets 2 quadra kills, a triple kill, and a penta kill in that game and ends up 20/5/3. Her team as a whole has a grand total of 25 kills. She's literally killing everyone before they can even react through any amount of MR/health. It's completely ridiculous.

I look up this players history. He was sub 1300 two days ago and all he's been playing for those 2 days is Eve nonstop at a 78% win ratio. He's now 1500+.

sammich kek

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXdasonXX View Post
She gets countered easily by katarina and several others, and pin kwards stop her roam

Katarina is a skill matchup, pink wards aren't really a problem either. If you ward the middle of your lane and I come from behind you while you're CS'ing mid with my jungler CS'ing mid its still a kill. With W pink wards/oracles offer little protection against her.

I too went from 1300 elo to 1500 playing Eve. I played other champions and had good records on them too(Singed 4-0) but the bulk of my work was done with Eve.

If you want to stop Eve you look to champions like:

Kassadin - Eve's Q charges his E, he can rift walk away from a DFG+R combo before eve can finish him. He has a similarly strong roam at 6.

Zyra/Ahri - have ridiculous range, deny farm, poke under turret
Ryze/Annie - Same story as Zyra/Ahri but not as safe to play, no mobility FTL.

Morgana/Gragas/Swain - build dorans rings until you're comfortable. Constantly keep her turret pushed, be too tanky to get bursted. Turn it into a farm lane. Eve with no kills isn't scary at all.

EDIT - Picture is your pink ward. Red route is Eve's gank route when you think she is MIA. Blue routes are what is also available to the jungler... not sure how a pink ward is going to help you.

xKaton

10-09-2012

Damn, 1500? ezpz, signup for TSM you prodigy

Bigricky

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
Katarina is a skill matchup, pink wards aren't really a problem either. If you ward the middle of your lane and I come from behind you while you're CS'ing mid with my jungler CS'ing mid its still a kill. With W pink wards/oracles offer little protection against her.

I too went from 1300 elo to 1500 playing Eve. I played other champions and had good records on them too(Singed 4-0) but the bulk of my work was done with Eve.

If you want to stop Eve you look to champions like:

Kassadin - Eve's Q charges his E, he can rift walk away from a DFG+R combo before eve can finish him. He has a similarly strong roam at 6.

Zyra/Ahri - have ridiculous range, deny farm, poke under turret
Ryze/Annie - Same story as Zyra/Ahri but not as safe to play, no mobility FTL.

Morgana/Gragas/Swain - build dorans rings until you're comfortable. Constantly keep her turret pushed, be too tanky to get bursted. Turn it into a farm lane. Eve with no kills isn't scary at all.
You can't personally stop eve. The only way to shut down Eve's late game is for her entire team to fail so hard that they are all nonissues in team fights. There's no debate that Eve's early game laning is lackluster when her opponent is a RANGED AP carry.

The problem is that Eve only needs two things to completely snowball out of control. DFG, and levels. It's not even that hard to farm with her in lane with her Q as long as you get the notion out of your head that you will kill or win trades with the enemy mid.

Eve has strong ganks early, mid, and late game. Late game she can instantly nuke off 75% or so of someones hp before they can even see her.

Did you not watch Alex Ich play evelynn in a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP match? He went 0/3 in laning phase due to ganks. Guess what happens come mid/late game...he steam rolls every. single. teamfight. and finishes the game 9/3/x.

AND LASTLY, if picking Eve forces the enemy team to replace numerous wards with pink wards, then we're right back to square one with Eve where she's forcing an opposing team to spend a large amount of gold and suffer reduced map control just by the nature of her skill set. (permanent stealth)

sammich kek

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKaton View Post
Damn, 1500? ezpz, signup for TSM you prodigy

Signed,

xKaton - 1350 mastermind.

Leblonjames

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bérry Pünch View Post
You're fighting **** people...

I absolutely annihilate eve at my elo in lane to the point that she has no gold to get anything with, and I make sure people buy pinks.

When they try to punish me for downing their tower, it's just a free kill.

Then again, that's swain for ya
Take a look at the first moscow 5 vs invictus gaming at world championship. Ask alex ich what he thinks about eve. "broken champ"