New AD Caster item idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness4910 View Post
Kinda forgot to mention that the passive should only work for melee champions. Thanks for the reminder, added it in the OP. Thought it was obvious, because I used "AD Caster" in the title.
If you have to make an item unavailable for a certain champ/series of champs, there may be something wrong with either those champs, or the champs that need to build the item. If they are made useful or useless off of one item, their role should probably be looked into.

Kamu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Unique Passive 2 plz

Darkness4910

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
If you have to make an item unavailable for a certain champ/series of champs, there may be something wrong with either those champs, or the champs that need to build the item. If they are made useful or useless off of one item, their role should probably be looked into.
Frozen Mallet and red buff use the same mechanic.

Crits and Gravy

10-09-2012

LOL Can you guys picture Varus getting crits with his Q.

Shadowy1

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness4910 View Post
Frozen Mallet and red buff use the same mechanic.
They give a reduced duration if I remember correctly, but still work. You are flat out saying "This item does not work on ranged characters." And what about poor urgot? He's a ranged AD caster.

Naokazu

10-09-2012

I don't want to think about how this would affect GP.

Q crits for 250% with IE because it's an attack, crits again for 200% because it's an ability.

Shadowy1

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
I don't want to think about how this would affect GP.

Q crits for 250% with IE because it's an attack, crits again for 200% because it's an ability.
Actually, wouldn't have that interaction (Thank god.) as it counts as a melee AA for purposes of everything.

Darkness4910

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Bear View Post
LOL Can you guys picture Varus getting crits with his Q.
LOL Can you guys picture people who actually read the entire OP?

Naokazu

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
Actually, wouldn't have that interaction (Thank god.) as it counts as a melee AA for purposes of everything.
It activates Sheen, LB, and TF. It's blocked by spellshields. Sounds like an ability to me.

Shadowy1

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
It activates Sheen, LB, and TF. It's blocked by spellshields. Sounds like an ability to me.
It counts as an AA for terms or what it actually does once it hits. It activates those because you cast a spell to make it go off, but it also applies those procs because it is an AA for terms of damage calculation and what gets applied on it when it lands. It is also melee so enjoy your full red buff/frozen mallet.