Is Riven Mid really Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivayne

10-09-2012

On this guide I read it says that Riven is better when played in the middle even if it's against current meta, it says just keep pushing the lane and roaming around, has anyone ever gone middle on her and care to give me their opinions on it, and if it's better than going top?

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...en-build-guide

Johnny Bravo

10-09-2012

Yes I've played it and its incredibly fun.

I didn't click it but I assume its the goldfather guide?

Glorkle

10-09-2012

You can put basically any bruiser with a gapcloser mid and they'll do well. It's just worse than putting them top because then the APs have to go top and top isn't as short and escapable from ganks as mid is.

Selly

10-09-2012

This works really well if you have an AP that is good at top . (think rumble / kennen/ vlad)

The other team is then stuck with a squishy no escape ap top which is bad for them or a counter lane mid with riven.

Tenmar

10-09-2012

Only time you don't want to throw a bruiser mid is when you are fighting a champ that can slow, ensnare, or just instantly blink away.

Nautweiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Only time you don't want to throw a bruiser mid is when you are fighting a champ that can slow, ensnare, or just instantly blink away.
Irelia does fairly well against Kassadin.

Nightseraph

10-09-2012

Only problem with bruisers mid is it makes your team incredibly vunerable to itemization. GA is a very effective armour item, for instance.

Elibrias1

02-16-2014

Im only lv 29 but i main riven and only tend to play her mid because in my experience riven does extremely well against all the current "meta" midlaners in the game at the moment including gragas, ziggs, and even orianna. and because u are in the mid lane and you're riven u can roam most of the time while still keeping up in cs and also picking up kills, giving u the edge u need in order to carry your game.