Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alxlight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

You just used the word toxic in a news post on the front page.

You need to be fired Lyte; It would be one of the most worthwhile decisions the company could make.

Levgre

10-09-2012

In like 15 games since the honor system came out I've seen about 10 people ASKING to trade honor.

10/150 = 6.67%.

And that's just in all chat.

I'm skeptical of that ".63%".

Waffleflies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

So honor is discouraging us from playing with our friends so that we can get "good" honor even though we enjoy playing with them and would honor them if they weren't our friends?

Sporadic P0tato

10-09-2012

Awesome, I had no idea you guys had put forth so much effort into this!

Honestly I've already noticed changes in general behavior. Everyone seems much more friendly than usual, more willing to discuss team strategy and cooperation. People actually are kindly suggesting things to teammates rather than start raging immediately (I'm also now able to make suggestions to fellow players without them becoming defensive thinking I'm insulting them). It's also nice that I've been able to BS with my teammates and opponents to make this game a bit more fun; in the past its felt like everyone sits in moody silence while we all play.

I think a major part of this is taking focus off of (dramatic music here) THE TRIBUNAL and negative reporting system and now putting it on a positive system, even though there are as of yet no tangible rewards for behaving more positively. People are now looking for ways to "report" positive players, rather than negative ones, and its made a huge difference already.

Judge Arcadia

10-09-2012

I had a feeling this could be a turn around for the community. Well done Lyte and Crew.

Now whats your method of fixing the Forum community up?

Ginko

10-09-2012

Community uses toxic way too much. Couldn't finish the OP.

byobsoad2

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We don't have adjustments based on Elo. Yellowpete probably just got a lot of Honor from different strangers.
and also probably "omg a pro honorhonorhonor"

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
7 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
Don't worry. I fixed it.

Question for Dr. Lyte:

What is the most striking piece of data that you've noticed since Honor has been released? Believe that you answered this question once before, but I forget the answer and I'd like to know if its changed.
The most striking thing to us is the percentage of players that had previous Tribunal histories or toxic pasts... but are actually earning Honor and cleaning up their acts.

We originally designed Honor to make it easier to be good than toxic; however, we hypothesized that these mechanisms would mainly nudge 'neutral' players to be good instead of bad. For now, it's looking like some previously toxic players have done a full 180 and are doing everything they can to earn Crests. Since we're so early in the Honor Initiative, I want to collect more data before I talk about this phenomenon specifically.

Killajoule

10-09-2012

Hi Lyte, would you ever consider giving Summoners a comment box option to be used when honouring a fellow Summoner (similar to the report feature)? This feature would Summoners to describe the specific action that fellow summoners felt was commendable, giving your team more information and potentially opening the door for your team to provide Summoners with that feedback.

For reports, you created report cards which allows banned individuals to see the specific behaviour that they were punished for.

For Honour, we could have the honour roll which e-mails players to let them know what specific actions they are being rewarded for. This could help to encourage Summoners to repeat those behaviours in-game and also serve as examples for other Summoners to follow by.

Is this something that is already in the works? Thank you again for the honour system, it has significantly improved my in-game experience.

x Khann x

10-09-2012

I only hope people won't use this as a reverse punishment. For example a player with a great attitude but probably did real poor but with no intention on doing bad (maybe it was a bad day). But still the team won and you did your part, yet you get no honor because you did'nt hvae 10/2 or something. This is especially for Tanks and support who may not get as many kills as lets say an ADC or whatever.