Idea for new support... Support Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostwheelX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-08-2012

Seems weird, right? But bare with me...

On a support you want to harass your enemy carry out of battle while supporting your own carry.

*Urgot has e -> q for insane harass that's a pain to get away from in lane, forcing enemies to go back constantly and lose out on CS.
*A shield to stop harassment.
*Late-game support greatness--reduce the damage of all enemies with your passive.
*Slow down enemies to escape/help ganks using the passive on his w.
*His ult can decide teamfights by taking enemy carries out of the fight for a bit, as well as making ganks a piece of cake if he lands it while laning, as well as to punish enemies that try to dive him and his carry.
*Even more utility by reducing enemies' armor by a % amount for great teamfighting.

In lane you harass the **** out your enemies with e -> qqq and get ganks by slowing them with your w passive and stopping them from getting away with your ult once it comes online.

In team fights you slow enemies down with your w passive, reduce enemydamage with w, and use your ult to screw over enemy carries.

Skill progression would be something like e -> q -> w -> max q.

What do you guys think? Any metabreakers who enjoy supporting wanna try it out and let us know how it goes? :-D

Skidochufada

10-08-2012

Nearly every champion can support in some sense, but other picks just bring much more to the table. The main job of a support is to keep your ADC safe and fed, and the problem with Urgot is he has 0 tools to really stop a gank. He also has 0 sustain for the ADC.

I'm not saying it won't work, but it won't work well enough.

Fiveofswords

10-09-2012

the strangest thing about is that urgot is fine as an ADC...so you are swapping roles with the other guy in the lane? if you want to have a good chance to shut down the enemy bot lane early then urgot as a adc is a good choice because his early game is quite strong...doesnt need to be support....so whats a supprot urgot going to offer that a adc urgot cant?
Urgot is hoestly a pretty weak champ if he doesnt do damage...you could have your ult to play with, but thats it...other supports have mroe to offer than that.

PoisonedTea

10-09-2012

I have too agree he doesn't have the tools for it

try cho'gath he has many tools that even without damage can help

GhostwheelX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Wait--explain to me how the combination of 15% damage reduction from the enemy carry, a slow, an undodgeable attack in lane along with poke when assaulting towers, AoE 20% armor reduction, and the ability to take a carry out of a fight while planting him right in the middle of your team to be OM NOM NOM'd and the ability to gain vision into bushes from 900 range away is a lack of tools?

That seems like more tools to me than a number of other "supports" have.

GhostwheelX

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Bump.

Fiveofswords

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostwheelX View Post
Wait--explain to me how the combination of 15% damage reduction from the enemy carry, a slow, an undodgeable attack in lane along with poke when assaulting towers, AoE 20% armor reduction, and the ability to take a carry out of a fight while planting him right in the middle of your team to be OM NOM NOM'd and the ability to gain vision into bushes from 900 range away is a lack of tools?

That seems like more tools to me than a number of other "supports" have.
no really its not ..even assumign all your stuff lands and your range etc is never an issue...other supports do more

this is all stuff that would be in favor of jsut an adc urgot...after all why not give the undodgable attack to a guy that actually does lots of damage with his attack..

HeadChief

10-09-2012

I play a mean support fiddles int he 1600 ranks and Im 60% win ratio ^_^

TeknoWizard

10-09-2012

Or you could just play him as the ADC... where I feel he'll do more.

GhostwheelX

Recruiter

10-09-2012

There's a reason you don't see Urgot as AD carry though; he doesn't have the damage steroid that other AD characters have, nor the immense amounts of CC/long range initiate that Ashe has. Taking those things into account and looking at his kit, I think he might just be better overall as support.