Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cinvid

10-09-2012

Your times for the semi final are actually pretty late in Europe. It's like 1 AM GMT. We got 2 Europe teams in competition . Wouldn't be better if the last playoff starts like 2/3 hours earlier ? I'm sure most of european people can't watch this semi till the end.

BluePandas

10-09-2012

I really don't get why u guys even set up sound proof booths with only their head set and the game like all the other tourn, this is the biggest prize pool u guys have yet to set up, seems like u guys put in very little consideration this time around. What happened to the Lol community.... where is your own individual thought! the community use to criticize everything riot did with reason and logic and now i'm reading all this one sided **** getting thumps up.... So it's ok to reset the game making the pro gamers play yet another match over and over again.... welp nothing to do here

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Does anyone care about the SEA and Korean teams that have made it? They both have a timezone thats the same (nearly) as Austrailas... yet everyones only concerned about their own ability to watch the damn games... Get over it. SEA and Korea, they had to watch stuff at 2 ****ing am. So stop *****ing.

Magus

Director of Esports

10-09-2012
51 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippenworstje View Post
Magus,
RedBeard told us there would be front-page information very soon?
U have an ETA of this information?
Oh, and if finals are over, give RedBeard a present, first time lol-players get real information so fast from someone who really cares about us and even lets his sleep to give us answers.
Sorry for the delay It should be wrapped up soon, and I know you guys want information. Still, it's more important that we get things right than rush to judgment!

I'll make sure RedBeard gets a nice present from the team after the finals are over. He works as hard or harder than anyone I know at Riot. He cares deeply about making the next events that much better by learning from our mistakes.

Pannucci

10-09-2012

Mangus, I know you said there was no information and I am not quite sure if you are involved in deciding this but imo to ensure fairness the TSM situation should be a rematch for mutiple reasons.
1. If found like Azubu cheated, the only way to determine who is the best is not DQ but by playing.
2. Potentially 3 more games for Riot to broadcast which increases revenue substanially, which I know most people don't want to acknoledge that but money is how you improve your game, increase server capacity, make revolutionizing updates, etc. so I am all for the increased money.
3. It follows the precident you already ruled for CLG.eu vs WE.
4. The backlash from the many NA players throughout the next 12 months from the feeling of being cheated can only hurt your company as a whole and just doing a rematch will help with damage control, since backlash will happen either way, if you consider the 2 options, ethically it makes more sence to give a rematch than to give the benefit of the doubt to Azubu.

Idk if you will respond to this but this is just my 2 cents on this issue, I know you aren't able to shed light on the decision but i would like if you do have any say to consider this because all of these issues are very pressing with just this small issue.

Edit: Why am I getting downvoted? anyone who actually owns/ runs a company knows that the actions im stating is the correct course of action reguardless if its the most popular. I guess I shouldn't assume many of you have any experiance towards this and that is why this is not directed at you but rather Mangus.

CombatCube

10-09-2012

Just out of curiosity, have you guys been keeping an eye on the relevant posts on the League of Legends subreddit? There are some interesting posts there that would benefit from Rioter feedback. (Then again, seeing how you're still up at 3:00 AM replying to posts here suggests you're already working overtime.)

Regardless, the fact that you guys - especially RedBeard - are saying something means a lot to us players - thank you for that! =)

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-09-2012

Why u guys make a problem from the game clg vs we?
Game will be replayed so plz dont spend ur time on this.

Cripple

10-09-2012

So you decided to put the matches during EU night while 2 teams are still in competition ???

Very very bad choice Riot, again a new BIG mistake which continue the fail story of the tournament.

Why don't you start the game 3 ou 4 hours earlier ??

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Some people from the Reddit Guild Wars 2 community sent the development team cupcakes. Just throwing that out there

Caucxican

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Sorry for the delay It should be wrapped up soon, and I know you guys want information. Still, it's more important that we get things right than rush to judgment!

I'll make sure RedBeard gets a nice present from the team after the finals are over. He works as hard or harder than anyone I know at Riot. He cares deeply about making the next events that much better by learning from our mistakes.
Magus,

I'm pretty sure he meant that Redbeard mentioned that the rescheduled game info would be posted on front page. As of now, it's only circulating through reddit and lol forums. It needs to go through the proper channels soon hopefully.