@Riot about Syndra's current state

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Stinky

10-08-2012

Everything is fine with her especually her invade powers. The only thing thats bad is her ult deals tons of damage but doesnt have enough range to use it properly

MoeBeam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJoe View Post
She's weak all around. Weak damage, even her ultimate which is severely reduced by MR due to each ball dealing individual damage as opposed to all at once like most other ultimates.
That's not how MR works. 3 instances of 100 damage being reduced by 30% is the same as 1 instance of 300 damage being reduced by 30%. DoTs and multiple-hit spells deal the same damage as normal one-hit, burst spells.

Quote:
E is the worst designed spell in the game. A super short range push back that can be a situtation stun like Vayne's condemn is, BUT REQUIRES CASTING TWO SPELLS AND AIMING WITH A SHORT REACH. With every person and their best friend packing flash and a multitude of gap closers. E is nearly useless.
If you want the pushback, it only requires one cast, and it's not like you won't be casting your Q anyways (though you'll only stun them with that sphere if they run directly away from you). It's actually a very nice spell after you ult because it's basically a huge AoE 1.5 second stun, though I guess the range on it could be increased slightly (though the stun part doesn't need more range).

Quote:
The other issue I have with E is if you want to do lots of damage in burst so you max Q/W instead of maxing E. You're pratically gimped for stuns until E is max rank. Syndra's passive for E is as silly as some of Karma's Mantra bonuses. Turns her **** spell into a normal spell.
This doesn't even make sense. Her E stuns for the same duration regardless, and the entire point of it is having a one-point-wonder utility spell. What else do you want, a heal on it? It's honestly fine mechanically. You max Q/W for damage and still get a "fack you Yi" disengage/long-range AoE stun.

What she needs are some range/speed buffs. She's not mobile at all and needs to cast spells continually to match damage with other mages, but she can't hit max range W's, her Q delays slightly too long so it's pretty easy to dodge, her E range is short so you end up having to choose between Q for damage or Q to set up a stun, and her ult range is so tiny she can't safely use it on anyone but the tank.

So the fixes should be more like slight delay reduction on Q, range increased on E (maybe instead of width increase for maxing it), missile speed increase on W, and maybe about 50-100 range on her ult.

Roguecody

10-08-2012

Quote:
By a single negatron cloak and you beat her ultimate and most of her damages. Takes even less depending on the scenario.

In a game I recently played as Syndra a full combo with 500AP (Sorc shoes, DC, AA, and 2 Dorans) and my ulimtate was unable to a Janna with Shurelya's, Aegis, and cdr boots.

This was 32 minutes into the game or so.
Negatron cloak is also my sworn enemy!

I agree her utlitly could use some work. But I also love the aoe stun you can trigger with scatter the weak after her Ulti.

Although it is extremely hard to aim it right in the middle of combat.

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBeam View Post
That's not how MR works. 3 instances of 100 damage being reduced by 30% is the same as 1 instance of 300 damage being reduced by 30%. DoTs and multiple-hit spells deal the same damage as normal one-hit, burst spells.

If you want the pushback, it only requires one cast, and it's not like you won't be casting your Q anyways (though you'll only stun them with that sphere if they run directly away from you). It's actually a very nice spell after you ult because it's basically a huge AoE 1.5 second stun, though I guess the range on it could be increased slightly (though the stun part doesn't need more range).

This doesn't even make sense. Her E stuns for the same duration regardless, and the entire point of it is having a one-point-wonder utility spell. What else do you want, a heal on it? It's honestly fine mechanically. You max Q/W for damage and still get a "fack you Yi" disengage/long-range AoE stun.

What she needs are some range/speed buffs. She's not mobile at all and needs to cast spells continually to match damage with other mages, but she can't hit max range W's, her Q delays slightly too long so it's pretty easy to dodge, her E range is short so you end up having to choose between Q for damage or Q to set up a stun, and her ult range is so tiny she can't safely use it on anyone but the tank.

So the fixes should be more like slight delay reduction on Q, range increased on E (maybe instead of width increase for maxing it), missile speed increase on W, and maybe about 50-100 range on her ult.
Ok then we can toss out the ult. Here's where you misread for the E.

I'm not refering th the stun duration, nor did I ever meniton the duration of the stun. I only stated that the spell required to make a stun by moving a sphere requires an additional spell, a short range hit box, and aiming. All for a stun that will most likely end up killing you if you attempt to initiate with it.

Her weak power in general makes the spell useless other than shooting your ult immediately and hitting most of a team. You might as well pick Amumu if you want to stun a team, or Taunt a team with Galio. Before max rank of E, it's risky and nearly pointless to try to use as a result. The short range is not worth the reward, so it's not only a bad offensive spell, but a poor defensive one as well. Long CD too, can't forget that.

MoeRonn

10-08-2012

How would you feel about a half/full mana refund if you fail to recast W?

Roguecody

10-08-2012

Quote:
Ok then we can toss out the ult. Here's where you misread for the E.

I'm not refering th the stun duration, nor did I ever meniton the duration of the stun. I only stated that the spell required to make a stun by moving a sphere requires an additional spell, a short range hit box, and aiming. All for a stun that will most likely end up killing you if you attempt to initiate with it.

Her weak power in general makes the spell useless other than shooting your ult immediately and hitting most of a team. You might as well pick Amumu if you want to stun a team, or Taunt a team with Galio. Before max rank of E, it's risky and nearly pointless to try to use as a result. The short range is not worth the reward, so it's not only a bad offensive spell, but a poor defensive one as well. Long CD too, can't forget that.

Very interesting points.

I never heard her ulti articulated so acutely. I definitely agree there could be some work done with her ulti.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-08-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguecody View Post
I'd like to start a discussion about the current state of Syndra, and hopefully get a response from Riot regarding her as well.

I'd like to ask Riot first how she is currently fairing with her recent buffs. Does your data show shes doing badly still? Or are her numbers up to par now?

Next I'd love the communities input on how you guys think Syndra is currently fairing.

Do you think she's underpowered still now compared to other AP's?

Do you think she's become OP?

Or do you guys think she's currently balanced?

Thx for everyones input on my favorite champion! I look forward to hearing everyones experiences with her!
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.

AphelionDustwake

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.
this made my heart places flutter ^_^

10-08-2012

Meddler is there any chance you give her more range on her ult like she had on pbe ? It really locks her down because her R is the ability you need time to execute well, however if you try your enemy will just run from you and without flash its absolutely impossible to use her ult

Another thing is that if you pick up syndra sphere on the end of it duration it will disappear so fast that you wont be able to do QWR combo with 2 balls. Would it be possible to add some more time to throwed sphere (like + 2sec)

Oh and for Varus, would it be possible to remove mov speed reduction he has during his Q channel ? I dont really understand why its there in the first place he has already very high price to pay for casting it (he cant auto attack)

ZodiarkSavior

10-08-2012

Meddler is a hero.

Thank god for bug fixes.

I hate the fact that when I use E to stun them, the Sphere hits them but doesn't stun them.

Extremely frustrating, especially when you see it hit an entire team but do nothing.