Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhawke

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDeimos View Post
Not sure about Own3d, but I know Twitch has everything uploaded on the RiotGames channel
Thanks!

Gamon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Great question -

I know a lot of you have been asking about the format of the WE/CLG matches. As an update, theyll be playing a fresh best of 3 match to determine which team proceeds to the Semifinals.

Given the unique circumstances that impacted the games on Saturday, and the event delay/change of venue, weve decided that in this specific instance, a new match is the best course to ensure a fair outcome. Both teams were informed and on board with this decision, and they are preparing accordingly.
more games to watch is always better.

yum yum

10-08-2012

Since riot seems to be responding to the witchhunt on eastern teams, might as well look into pics of Tsm's chaox mini map peeking here: http://i.imgur.com/3LEyX.jpg
As well as people noticing Tsm members loosely wearing their headsets which would enable them to hear the casters and crowd. I'm sure that could be cleared up easily with riots first person player cam.

Noxious Seraph

10-08-2012

redbeard, there has been a lot of talk about the "time" of the finals being inconvenient for a lot of regions. You cannot please everyone. Let me enlighten you.

Day 1 group stages started at 2am Australian Eastern standard time. I did an all nighter. It was hard but I did it.

Day 2 when all of the internet issues happened, it started at 5am Australian Eastern standard time. I got up at 5am even though I did an all nighter the day before to watch.

Rematch of the Clg.eu vs. WE now starts at 10am Australian Eastern Standard time. (Thanks so much)

Season 3 Finals start time is approx 2pm Australian Eastern Standard time. An even bigger thankyou for this.

The morale of the story is it will always be inconvenient for someone in another region 2 days were difficult for me and 2 days wont be which seems pretty fair to me. If you are a LoL fan you will do an all nighter and watch it either way so please stop the complaints about the times of the games. They are what they are.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I think biggest thing you could do to improve in future is-

1) Better Shoutcasters (or a bigger assortment..). Phreak and Riv are great guys but they aren't the best casters. IMO you should get Dan Dihn and pros who didn't make it into the tourney. 7 hours of the Deman and Jatt Show is a lot to take. 15 minutes of The Phreak Hour broke me.

2) 'Exhibition Matches' like the Rioters v. Pros games you've done. Bring in some teams who didn't make it and have them play some ARAM, or Domino, or TT or just normal matches or whatever for entertainment. You could really make it an 'all day' thing when you don't have games to play (ie- could have filled Saturday morning.)

3) More interviews, videos, etc. During the 10+ minutes between games you should have had a commentator with a mic walking around showing the teams setting up and getting a few words in to give us a feel for who they are.. that sort of thing. Someone backstage talking to whoever just won or lost.. etc. We should never have the damn "music over a logo" filling space when you could be doing this.

4) Ads. Adblock blocks them. Why not run them yourself? "This program was brought to you by Razer and Gunnar" and then show an ad- a video YOU run, not an 'ad' that can be blocked. Literally embedded in the stream. Get dat cash for what you do. Should be more gaming ads- you'd think with such a big to do you'd be able to get some sponsors and make some big reveals or something.

5) Scheduling yo. Why wasn't the last quarter finals match on the same day as the others? No reason for that. Why weren't the semi-finals on the same day as the finals? Why does the final set start at 9 in the goddamned evening on the east coast? I realise it's hard to plan for EU and Korea etc but at least make your show at a reasonable time for all of North America, when it's taking place here. When the super bowl is on the west coast they start at 2 or so, so everyone can have their parties and enjoy. As it stands I am having guests over to watch and they will be here all night. Not exactly my idea of a watch-sports party. Not to mention it's just the world championship, no semifinals... You could have started it at noon your time and had the two sets and then champ and it'd been a nice day...

Last one got long. Sorry. Anyway, Thursday and Friday were great- though I wish Friday had gone later. I work Wednesday night so hopefully I can see most of the games...

Oh right and 6) So we don't all get the Riven skin with the code you'll place up? We only have a day to use the code? I thought we got the Riven Skin.... that sucks yo. Well, I'm hoping there's a beast skin coming out for all s2 players like the Kayle one... plsdon'tdisappoint.

7) Replay dat **** yo! During the 10 minutes of Phreak stalling for tsm/amumu frost you could have re-played the day 1 recap or something at least. But yknow, other than youtube I haven't found a way to rewatch matches... not one that supports YOUGUYS. You should've had that **** up instantly. "Watch the games you missed here anditgivesusmoney" Yknow? Was this thing on tv? Will the championship be broadcast on.. what's that gaming tv channel .. or spike... If you want people to watch, you gotta make it accessible. Letting us watch at our leisure (especially since so many people can't watch it live due to time zones) is important.

EagleXC13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Hey Redbeard,

Just want to thank you and Riot for all the support you guys have given Collegiate LoL, including a metric ton of swag that our institute-sponsored club is super excited to have for our watching party this weekend! We really appreciate everything you do, even when stuff like this messes up. We're all looking forward to some great games coming up!

Thorismund

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Quick update. Were writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Were going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately wont be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and were determining what other languages well be providing.
i said it before and i said it now - it is a slap in eu's face

starting in the mid of the night with 3 potential eu games while you don't have to care for na (teamwise) you could have found a better solution

the minimum you could have done would be a similar start time like last thursday - the middle would be the night friday -> saturday (cet) and the optimum would be friday evening with same starting time as last thursday

this is the first time you dissapointed me riot really - there is no love for eu in this and the one single day double ip is not enough to compensate that

Dazrix

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drd View Post
"And you're probably only mad because your team lost."

And that's when I decided to downvote you.

Such narrow-mindedness. Not everybody is a TSM fan.
Doesn't necessarily have to mean you are a TSM fan, to want your team (NA) to advance. It doesn't matter if you didn't, if you rooted for TSM over AZF, naturally you're going to be alot more negative. Because you're being bias toward your own teams misgivings - of which - the match was remade, and TSM ran the same strat KNOWING that the strat may have been givin' away - who's fault is that?

You're not taking in the evidence if you consider the event to be purely cheating. You're only saying that because they may or may not (I personally believe they DID) see the minimap. But as I've stated previously, if it was accidental, and you were in his shoes, do you continue doing what your'e doing? Or do you start giving this accidental information to your team mates like everyone else would?

reginald and TSM have also agreed with the above statement, and said thats probably what happened. The evidence also suggests this, as the pause was due to AZF not being able to communicate with the headsets. Another piece of evidence present was Chaox and Dyrus had both been lookin' at the screen. The referees disregarded the warning TSM gave. TSM was also OFFICIALLY in violation of the same offences as AZF. This is something Redbeard has stated - TSM and AZF both had their fair share of warnings. It's just that one team is obviously representing a different nation/ethnicity then this forum is supporting as a majority. This causes the forums to focus more on the negatives of AZF which allows TSM's discrepencies fly under the radar.

Think about what is right, and not what you want. I'd completely switch to DotA 2 instantly without hesitation if AZF gets dq'd.

People obviously don't understand what the problem is with match fixing is, aswell...

EDIT: Also, Dig and Curse should have been punished far more then what they were, for their crime. Since people don't understand, lets say that everyone goes into match fixing... Now we don't have a sport to watch, it'll just be ARAMs and no one will ever see why these teams are 'top' of the world.. just see teams mucking around.

HomeSkilletz

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDean View Post
what are the possible outcomes of this azubu frost tsm cheating thing
Nothing... Riot wouldn't dare actually enforce anything based on the cheating images. Too much drama would be created that it's easier to just sweep under the rug and learn from it moving forward than actually try to enforce rules now/after the fact.

Illyriomysterio

10-08-2012

RedBeard, how your beard be so red? :P