Reds, closing political related posts in OFF TOPIC.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I can't tell if this is a serious thread or a casual chat about crappy TV.

KonFewShuN

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDark View Post
I can't tell if this is a serious thread or a casual chat about crappy TV.
it was srs, not that any reds would actually post giving a legitimate reason for closing threads that belong in off topic, that are posted in off topic, and aren't heated/vulgar topics.

Microgravituss

10-08-2012

Will The Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Meh, it's Riot's prerogative to arbitrarily close any thread they want to on their forums.

Reconsul

10-08-2012

goldman sachs was all like "i don't care if its got +85 votes. Close that thread!" na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2653900

Dobagoh

10-08-2012

ITT people don't know what a First Amendment is.

Kodoku

10-08-2012

Free speech is about severely limiting the ability for the government to censure your speech. It has nothing to do with your speech being restricted in a private forum.

Though closing political threads is pretty typical. If anything the mods are quite lenient towards questionable topics on this forum. I once got a 7 day ban from a blizzard off-topic forum for merely explaining why some might think the bible can motivate harmful actions, without actually putting forth the argument myself or being the slightest bit disrespectful about it. I didn't open that thread either, just posted in a thread about religion.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-08-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonFewShuN View Post
Trying to stop free speech.

lmk fascists.
We actually have strong opinions, and are engaging in strong candidate advocacy -- in this case, in favor of the Cho'gath/Kog'Maw ticket. Riot Games believes that instead of voting for the lesser evil, you should vote for Cho'gath/Kog'Maw 2012. Valoran deserves a greater evil, and I think this will be clear at the debates.

- Zileas

cottonycloud

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We actually have strong opinions, and are engaging in strong candidate advocacy -- in this case, in favor of the Cho'gath/Kog'Maw ticket. Riot Games believes that instead of voting for the lesser evil, you should vote for Cho'gath/Kog'Maw 2012. Valoran deserves a greater evil, and I think this will be clear at the debates.

- Zileas
Zileas, what were YOU doing in 2008? Not playing League, that's what.

TRYNDAMERE 2012

Corngina

10-08-2012

Oh my god i love Zileas. Zileas 2012.

OP-- if thread gets enough downvotes, it closes itself.