Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacroVsMicro

10-08-2012

Just wondering, wouldn't it be easier just to listen to there audio(assuming you can). Because it seems like you guys have alll there communication saved in audio from the replays you guys do.

WNxKOA

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbewol View Post
Man, don't worry about us. We're getting to watch these tremendous matches for free live in HD. And I have to say, overall, these events have been very entertaining. The only ones really hurt by the technical issues are the teams playing in the tournament.
I find it funny though, that LoL players get banned for techinal issues outwith their control, and riot clearly don't :P

dOOb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Honestly, this sounds like a load of BS. What about the pings in the dark right where tsm was, right after AF peeked at the minimap?

People hate being lied to, and at this point, cant take your word for it.

liquidcocaine

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaithak View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this start time doesn't work for Oceanics either. It's literally the middle of the work day for me in New Zealand, and my girlfriend in Australia has uni classes she cannot skip for the majority of the matches.

Why pick a time that is convenient only for NA? There isn't even a NA team left in the competition!

and red stated before, this time is the absolute earliest time they could get setup and running properly. and i believe if they could have the match at 9am pst they would, but its just not possible for them.

Think of the NA people who have to work/school on thursday....the matches could go on very late into the night and thats not very convenient either, everyone is getting a less than preferred match time, some way more so than others.

Judgeshowtunes

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times, but we are still looking into this issue and will have more information before the start of the remaining games.
Take your time. It's great that you guys have posted about all of this. Honestly, I really enjoy that you're keeping up with this thread and continuing to provide information on both the Playoffs and the whole Frost/TSM issue.

You're still investigating all of those instances though, right? There was a post on Reddit that showed various instances of this, including Azubu Frost, Team SoloMid, World Elite, Invictus Gaming, and Taipei Assassins. Just curious if you're looking into all of these cases, or just the Frost/TSM one.

Melroy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

@RedBeard When are live attendees going to get emails about refunds and what not? Thanks.

Omegafilter

10-08-2012

@RedBeard
Even tho you will have "fake cheers" can you make sure those fake cheers are also used for wards kill???

ƒ Shepherd Book

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Funkula View Post
Honestly, this sounds like a load of BS. What about the pings in the dark right where tsm was, right after AF peeked at the minimap?

People hate being lied to, and at this point, cant take your word for it.
Lied to? He just said straight up that they are specifically investigating that very incident and will make a decision.

Believe it or not, Riot has more evidence than we do (for example, the recordings of the players talking).

Dazrix

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcocaine View Post
Riot was not in charge of that tournament MLG was, riot just supported their decision to dq both teams.

That being said, MLG is very strict on going by the book, and thats a good thing, i hope that riot follows in their footsteps and takes proper action against a obvious cheat.

would set a good example that you cant get away with cheating in Esports no matter where you play.

IMO kick frost out bring tsm in. Is frost better? absolutly! did they need to cheat to win? NO! so the better team wouldnt be going to the semifinals but i dont condone cheating at all, and its a shame they had to do that.
What you want, is for your team to go through. MLG wouldn't have created a venue where the type of cheating that happened, happened.

MLG, Match fixing was what the two teams got DQ'd for. Therefore, not the same. Thats a preorganised, preorchestrated and willingly/knowingly aware of what they did was wrong. If they didn't, then they're stupid. After the tournament they can merge, or, they can compete to their hearst content. Imagine players BETTING on the outcome of matches (pinnacle sports will take eSports bets). Match fixing makes all these bets void. Thats why match fixing is banned, along with the fact that it's unsportsman like and unproffessional.

Azubu's 'cheating' could have been accidental. In football, if you didn't get flagged for holding on an reciever over the touch line - and your coach didn't have the challenges left to challenge - do you dq the team after the match to say there was an obvious game changing cheat? No, you don't.

In soccer, does a team get dq'd if they find out someone accidentally/deliberately hand balled a ball off target from within the 'box' that would have changed the outcome of the match? NO YOU DO NOT. What you need to determine, was whether or not it was intentional - which cannot be determined, it would be deemed 'benefit of the doubt' because you cannot say for certainty. He looked to me like he was looking up to see what was going on, and then realised it was the map. Azubu were having problems with the headset and communications WHICH was why the pause occurred. TSM admitted to having technical issues aswell, but ignored it to avoid the pause. The referee ignored the concerns of TSM. That means that in all, Azubu should be treated like an accidental holding, or an accidental handball.

thegreatestman

10-08-2012

Redbeard, is Riot actively creating an offline/LAN version of the game, so this kind of thing doesn't ever happen again in high-profile tournaments? I feel like that's the biggest lesson you guys need to take away from this event. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.