@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clappersucks

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
Are you an idiot whiteglint? All of akali skins mostly are just a replaced outfit. Zyra is one of the few females who gets treatment the same as male champsions (jayce, rammus, cho'gath, the list is endless). Like i said most female skins are just replacement of outfits where male skins actually push the concept of the character much further.

The only two valid choices you named is Wildfire Zyra and Justicar Syndra, don't mind that you didn't even get the damn names right either. All the others are simple outfit switches. Arcade Sona out of the ton of her skins is the only one that actually gets the treatment.
I happen to like the akali skins. Especially the stinger one which is a reference to Beatrix from Kill Bill who was one of the most bad-ass females of all time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
well yeah
there was a full on ****STORM over the concept art.
which was silly, back then concept art never translated into the actual champion, and the art looked retarded, her whole bodies proportions aren't even cartoon possible.

I still wish the "controls blades with her mind" concept would have been used better, such a waste making her a generic tanky DPS with one of the most boring ultimates ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
almost all the armor in this game would be useless in combat save Diana (and only just so, some of the little moon bits would get in the way) and Kayle.

yes, every single male's armor as well, now some of them would be comfortable and would help with movement, but most of them are incredibly impractical, Shen's being an exception (if that is mail and not just leather).

no one could wear shoulders like Jarvan or Garen, or a suit like Morde's (though his is close)

so really the only champion with fully functional armor is Kayle, and even then the shoulders are too big.
I take it you're choosing only to dispute Leona, then? Hell, I'm totally willing to concede that there's some subjectivity in choosing how fantastic you want to make your armor designs (personally, while things like Jarvan's headgear and Leona's dress always bothered me, I'm willing to put up with merely oversized gear like what Garen wears; it's the same reason I don't complain about all the oversized weapons in the game). But when we get to Sivir's nonfunctional oversized bikini? I think by then we've clearly passed beyond the point of subjective acceptability. Similarly, Rugged Garen's gear is objectively fine.

This is a recurring theme--we are discussing topics where there is plenty of room for subjective interpretation...and then we have examples that go WAY WAY beyond any reasonable interpretation into the ridiculous. That's why subjectivity is not a viable defense of the status quo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
To be fair historically female ninjas actually were very revealing clothes. However most almost never entered combat and were information gatherers and spys.
Yeah, and Akali is not even close to that kind of ninja (that would make for a very boring champion tbh !).
Maybe when (if ?) they remake her they will remove the sideboob like they did with Soraka... as long as she is still recognizable...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
To be fair historically female ninjas actually were very revealing clothes. However most almost never entered combat and were information gatherers and spys.
historically ninjas are as you say, and the main way they killed people was poison and archery, mostly just poison.

the women ninja also had the added advantage of just sleeping with them, and then poisoning them/killing them after, and was usually one of the easiest ways of doing it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
which was silly, back then concept art never translated into the actual champion, and the art looked retarded, her whole bodies proportions aren't even cartoon possible.

I still wish the "controls blades with her mind" concept would have been used better, such a waste making her a generic tanky DPS with one of the most boring ultimates ever.
Ehh, concept was pretty close, but holy **** that art is terrible, so is the armor, the only good thing was the color scheme

also yeah, serious waste


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
I take it you're choosing only to dispute Leona, then? Hell, I'm totally willing to concede that there's some subjectivity in choosing how fantastic you want to make your armor designs (personally, while things like Jarvan's headgear and Leona's dress always bothered me, I'm willing to put up with merely oversized gear like what Garen wears; it's the same reason I don't complain about all the oversized weapons in the game). But when we get to Sivir's nonfunctional oversized bikini? I think by then we've clearly passed beyond the point of subjective acceptability. Similarly, Rugged Garen's gear is objectively fine.

This is a recurring theme--we are discussing topics where there is plenty of room for subjective interpretation...and then we have examples that go WAY WAY beyond any reasonable interpretation into the ridiculous. That's why subjectivity is not a viable defense of the status quo.
first, as a side point, Sivir is nod/rip off of Xena Warrior princess (hence the skin) and thats why she dresses like that.

second, you cannot pass the point of subjective acceptability, because its subjective.

I do find it funny you make such odd concessions, Leona's retarded dress is bad, but Jarvan's armor and garen's armor is okay, because it doesn't furthur the current arguement?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Tryndamere needs to put on a shirt. As a male i cannot abide by this sexism any longer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uracle

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Mr. IronStylus, I like your style. Any advice for a person who's hoping to get into concept art but is kinda worried he's not drawing what he's supposed to be drawing as practice?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Let me just point out that Irelia's armor, which exposes everything from the chest up, is still primarily a costume. We accept it because we don't get access to anything better--like, say, this:

http://mikeypetrov.deviantart.com/art/Magic-5-329582704

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappersucks View Post
Because the champions in this game are all designed to be anatomically correct and obey logic amirite? What was the point of your post again?
That there's anatomical realism, and then there's fantastic imagery...and then there's outright ridiculousness.